Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Ideas For A Chroma Rework

(XBOX)GPGxChief

Ok to get a basis for his identity chromas 2 and 3 will stay the same except with some minor tweaks. his 1, 4, and passive will be changed entirely.

PASSIVE 

1.Chroma is able to cycle through his elements by holding down his vex armor key. 2. Chroma increases the status chance of his team by 50% 3. Chroma shares his EMANATION aura with his teammates which does not scale in enemy armor strip

WIP EMANATION 

I Would change SPECTRAL SCREAM to work like EMBER'S ACCELERANT , this aura makes enemies more susceptible to whatever element is currently active on Chroma. Starting with a 25% status damage/chance buff maxing at 100% with a full ARRAY battery. duration mods like continuity, narrow minded, auger message, and constitution buff  EMANATION'S  duration. range mods like Stretch, Augur Reach, Overextended, and Cunning Drift buff EMANATION'S range. The status chance stays at 25% and can only be increased through ARRAY. The range starts at 10m and the duration starts at 15 seconds.

WIP ARRAY

I would change EFFIGY to be more like gauss's redline. ARRAY battery increases through damage taken by VEX ARMOR its charges up to 100% which will buff Chroma's EMANATION and VEX ARMOR. At 25% ARRAY charge VEX ARMOR will increase by 25% for both FURY and SCORNEMANATION increases to 50% status chance. At 75% ARRAY charge VEX ARMOR will increase by 25% for  both SCORN and FURY. EMANATION increases  to 75% status chance. 100% ARRAY charge EMANATION will go to 100% Status chance and will strip enemy armor by 5% for every enemy effected by EMANATION. duration mods like continuity, narrow minded, auger message, and constitution buff buff ARRAYS duration. 

IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR THIS REWORK PLEASE PUT IT IN THE COMMENTS.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GPGxChief said:

PASSIVE 

1.Chroma is able to cycle through his elements by holding down his vex armor key. 2. Chroma increases the status chance of his team by 50% 3. Chroma shares his PHANTASM aura with his teammates which does not scale in enemy armor strip

Im confused, is his Passive suppose to be one of these three?

1. Chroma can already cycle his Element with his 1st ability.
2. Is the Status Chance bonus Multiplicative or Additive? Also thats way too much passive status chance independent of how it applies.
3. Read Below...

WIP  PHANTASM

I Would change SPECTRAL SCREAM to work like EMBER'S ACCELERANT , this aura makes enemies more susceptible to whatever element is currently active on Chroma. Starting with a 25% status damage/chance buff maxing at 100% with a full ARRAY battery. duration mods like continuity, narrow minded, auger message, and constitution buff PHANTASM's  duration. range mods like Stretch, Augur Reach, Overextended, and Cunning Drift buff PHANTASM'S range. The status chance stays at 25% and can only be increased through ARRAY. The range starts at 10m and the duration starts at 15 seconds.

Chroma already has way too much power due to his Vex Armor and you are proposing further adding bonus Elemental Damage and Status chance to his attack? Either you dont know balancing, the meaning of Power Creep or both.
Why not make the skill's Range based on Affinity range?
Chroma has nothing to do with Ghosts for the Skill to be called Phantasm.

WIP ARRAY

I would change EFFIGY to be more like gauss's redline. ARRAY battery increases through damage taken by VEX ARMOR its charges up to 100% which will buff Chroma's PHANTASM and VEX ARMOR. At 25% ARRAY charge VEX ARMOR will increase by 25% for both FURY and SCORNPHANTASM increases to 50% status chance. At 75% ARRAY charge VEX ARMOR will increase by 25% for  both SCORN and FURY. PHANTASM increases  to 75% status chance. 100% ARRAY charge PHANTASM will go to 100% Status chance and will strip enemy armor by 5% for every enemy effected by PHANTASM. duration mods like continuity, narrow minded, auger message, and constitution buff buff ARRAYS duration. 

All your proposed changes to Chroma are nothing more than Buffs over Buffs and outright damage/status increase. Its outright ludicrously stupid power creeping you proposed.

10 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Could be, just we need a better passive than a triple jump passive. so like mesa i feel like three passives could be worth 2 reworks [3 if you count this one.] I really don't mind if DE picks one of these cause any could be better than the last 2 passives.

Im just changing the ability its tied to, and obviously unless i state it most likely will be removed. 
2. Is the Status Chance bonus Multiplicative or Additive? Also thats way too much passive status chance independent of how it applies.

for the status chance it is multiplicative not additive.
3. Read Below... 

Chroma already has way too much power due to his Vex Armor and you are proposing further adding bonus Elemental Damage and Status chance to his attack? 

i was leaning to chance not damage and for status chance it would be multiplicative to [new idea] maybe chroma has a status chance base, for the multiplicative status chance it would multiply to chromas base status. the multiplied status could be halved or just added to the status of the weapon chromas using. 

any suggestions could be very welcome, this is meant to rework a frame so community suggestions are required.    

Either you dont know balancing, the meaning of Power Creep or both.

On the idea of power creep, have you heard of mesa, or saryn, or equinox, or MESA. Im just suggesting some ideas here, if you got better ones please inform me.

i was thinking for per person range, phantasms armor strip and status chance do not spread. 

the name is a work in progress so if you have any ideas please tell me.

All your proposed changes to Chroma are nothing more than Buffs over Buffs and outright damage/status increase. Its outright ludicrously stupid power creeping you proposed.

if you got any suggestions, please say something. Chroma is at his worst point and it doesn't look like he is gonna get better.

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

3. Read Below...

Chroma already has way too much power due to his Vex Armor and you are proposing further adding bonus Elemental Damage and Status chance to his attack? Either you dont know balancing, the meaning of Power Creep or both.

Your awfully eager at pinning a lizard to the floor.

18 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

3. Read Below...

also it would work conceptually. chroma is a dragon so what cc should a dragon have except outright damage, dragons have scales that are known to be the hardest materials on earth so why would a dragon not be tanky? why should he not have status buff, isnt the point of a dragon to harness the elements? everything you said is from the stance of someone who obviously dislikes chroma, but everything i put up there works on a concept level. if you got chroma ideas put em here and lets see because the only abilites a dragon should have is to make themselves hit harder

loki has cc cause he is a trickster frame, gauss works around his battery cause he is a battery frame. mesa has 2 abilites that buff damage 1 tha tanks damage for her and 1 that is the highest dps ability ingame. so get off your high horse and suggest something or just dont bring those "but chroma is too good" mentality here.

Archived