Bonewidow Entirely Broken

Altomusren

Thought I'd make a topic to summarize Bonewidow's (BW) issues that I know of.

Firstly, the Corpus have an immunity to BW's shield, completely. All Corpus fire will go through your shield as if it is not even there. I've not tested the Grineer much, and although I've gotten mostly the same results, I'm confident about the Corpus. This makes BW absolutely worthless in Orb Vallis because, well, if you don't have a shield, you will die.

Secondly, the exalted weapon, Ironbride, is unusable. It is completely broken and cannot even be equipped by, from what I can tell, most people. There are the fortunate (or unfortunate, depending on how you feel of it's stats) who are able to equip it, but I've seen very few. Sometimes I was able to equip it but only when I tried in solo sessions, it never worked in public ones. Trying to use the ability simply results in BW firing the Ironbride animation with an empty hand and then standing there like an idiot until you unequip Ironbride. Shield or no shield, formatted or not, before or after the hotfix, it is broken all the same. Hell, even when it did work in solo, it was terrible. Even if Ironbride one-shot every enemy, it is still unusable due to how bad BW's non-slide mobility is. Ironbride doesn't give any way of reaching new enemies mid-combo because, while swinging, you are almost stationary and aren't able to move around. This doesn't happen with normal melee weapons.

And thirdly, the affinity bugs were not completely fixed. The hotfix only fixed the worst bug that removed all gained affinity on respawn, but did not fix the bug that removes all gained affinity upon host migration, which happens nearly every single time in the open world, making BW even worse to level than Voidrig because although Voidrig had the same bugs, it was an actually useful mech!

I just don't get it. How does this happen? I heard there was a testing phase but that would eliminate such basic bugs. Either there was no testing and every player that says so was beamed up and brainwashed by aliens, or somebody simply didn't listen to feedback. I thought that Voidrig's launch was scuffed, but holy hell, BW puts it on a whole new level.

4 minutes ago, Prexades said:

My Bonewidow is still being build, but that fills me with dread. Any melee WF is dependant on having a fluid and/or effective set of moves to be of use as well as enough defenses to survive even between groups of enemies.

Here is a gif of the attacks in a solo session where Ironbride actually equips. Now, imagine you're defending a thermia fracture and the enemies are respecting social distancing and are separated by at least a few meters, as they usually are. Good luck.

https://gyazo.com/4f94d4a1a65030b6d1fe712771a47456

1 hour ago, Battle.Mage said:

yeah. just play something else and chill. new content is "work in progress" for a reason.

new bounties are very bugged atm. so i dont see any cense to waste my time here.

Yeah, would be great if the playerbase decided to not report any bugs on a single update. Would be hilarious to see DEs reaction. Ah, i would even watch that video.

I hope they give us the option to equip them in any mission so i can level them in Gian Point or another mission while having a real Warframe do all the work. Seriously, I don't mean to sound so harsh, but Necramechs are just an inferior Warframe with no practicality.

that's why never again buy (or rush) any new contend anymore... i did this twice so far and always ended up screwed in one way or another... if it's not bugged for days after release, then DE 'changes' some aspects or values to 'balance' it (hope that won't happen again, now they DO have a test server to iron out at least such issues).

12 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

The enemy necramech is also broken as well, I fight one last night and I never saw her attacking me, just ramming into me randomly.

oh hell, didn't she do THAT a lot - i was getting more nap-time in the fight against this undead-mechchick than i ever got from a real one ^^)

but i guess, she's more of an melee-type than the other mech who's more trigger happy.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I hope they give us the option to equip them in any mission so i can level them in Gian Point or another mission while having a real Warframe do all the work. Seriously, I don't mean to sound so harsh, but Necramechs are just an inferior Warframe with no practicality.

*Looks at Arquebex* Yeah no practical use am I rite /s.

Bonewidow is in a terrible state. But the feeling of novelty is not over yet, so until that time arrives I am still having fun with it. 

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

They are working on it. Last time I heard they ran into some problems with bosses and Railjack.

But it seems like they actually want to implement them "fully". Fully as in small doors might be a problem. Unless the crouching will be implemented fully for the mechs. Currently that's what I'm waiting for because leveling them up on open world maps is not very pleasant.

11 hours ago, Altomusren said:

I just don't get it. How does this happen? I heard there was a testing phase but that would eliminate such basic bugs. Either there was no testing and every player that says so was beamed up and brainwashed by aliens, or somebody simply didn't listen to feedback. I thought that Voidrig's launch was scuffed, but holy hell, BW puts it on a whole new level.

Oh, we complained, trust me. There was some pretty harsh criticism in the feedback forums. I included. DE just doesn't always listen. Instead of waiting to release it and fix things that clearly are still quite broken, they pushed the update out too soon. Thats all it comes down to. They wanted to get the update out. They should've waited at least another week if not two to fix all the bugs and glitches. And the 2 and a half days of testing was barely enough time to do much in it either even with being given all the items to try out to begin with. The whole sword barely equips when you try to happened literally almost all the time when using Bonewidow in the playtest.

from what I gather, and what I've thought about Bonewidow since the beginning:

- first ability, even when first shown, had me going "lol wut?" I'm not sure how grabbing and yeeting a single enemy is worthy of a first slot when the same thing happens with powers like Rip-line and we all know how useless Rip-Line is. seriously, at best that's just a meme. me and my clan are gonna have a competition to see who can throw a charger the furthest, or with the most accuracy.. and then there's the fact that the grab doesn't even seem to wrok most of the time. a better version of the ability IMO (and still with meme potential) would be to pick up the foe and SLAM them into the ground as hard as possible, dealing AoE impact damage to nearby enemies and knocking them down. at the very least you'd affect more than just one enemy.

- second ability should be MUCH stronger. how you gonna have a big-a$$ metal shield like that that ISN'T nearly impervious to damage? that shield is like Bonewidow's whole thing. IMO it should grant immunity to damage from the front and damage reduction from other angles. it's a melee mech, it NEEDS to be tanky.

-third ability.. seriously, what does it ACTUALLY do? it looks like it's supposed to line enemies up or something but it's range is hilariously small. why doesn't it have any actual crowd control? melee-oriented combat works at it's best when the enemies are immobilized, so why not have a blinding/stunning/ stasis-like ability? Voidrig doesn't need it as much because it has AoE weapons with Gravemines and Arquebex, but BoneWidow is more likely to have to chase after moving targets. 

- fourth ability I'm told is pathetically weak, mostly due to Arch-melee having only basic mods. part of me thinks that Arquebex's damage was an oversight and they didn't want to repeat the same "mistake" again. plus it's the classic DE approach: launch it, then buff it. oh, and I'm still wanting Mechs to be able to equip Arch-melee, or even dual wield Archgun and Achmelee. seriously, DE are missing one hell of a trick here, I know plenty people would start running the mech infinitely more if we had this.

overall, I'm still gonna like Bonewidow a little, but yes, it needs some serious work. so in summary/TL:DR

- make first ability SLAM enemies into the ground, delaing AoE impact and knockdown (and a LOT of damage to the slammed enemy)

slam GIF

- make shield actually tanky/deflect ranged attacks

- make 3 have good CC to allow for easy meleeing.

- make 4 much more powerful. Arquebex levels of power preferably. 

20 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Yeah, would be great if the playerbase decided to not report any bugs on a single update. Would be hilarious to see DEs reaction. Ah, i would even watch that video.

Not that it would make much difference. There are bugs in this game which are years old despite being reported multiple times.

9 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

- second ability should be MUCH stronger. how you gonna have a big-a$$ metal shield like that that ISN'T nearly impervious to damage?

I'm just reminded of the Grineer that run around with handheld shields that aren't just impervious to damage themselves, but also immune to punchthrough.  You can have all the punchthrough in the world, but it gets stopped dead by a Grineer holding a thin sheet of steel.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

I'm just reminded of the Grineer that run around with handheld shields that aren't just impervious to damage themselves, but also immune to punchthrough.  You can have all the punchthrough in the world, but it gets stopped dead by a Grineer holding a thin sheet of steel.

Elite Shield lancers. regular ones I've always killed with punchthrough, AoE and the rest. but Elites you really do have to flank or use powers on.

19 hours ago, Cmdr-A said:

DE just doesn't always listen. Instead of waiting to release it and fix things that clearly are still quite broken, they pushed the update out too soon. Thats all it comes down to. They wanted to get the update out.

I think they are making room for another update. Corpus Railjack being in talks in all. 

Also, they always release stuff underwhelming on release and then slowly buff it based on post release feedback. 

I rushed my Bonewidow, can confirm all these bugs exist. Most notably they seem to impact you when playing as a client. For me even the Grineer seem to be able to shoot through the shield with the shield health going down only from AoE damage. Summoning Ironbride is also very unreliable and 3/4 times it wont work. No clue yet as to how and why. These bugs seem to be client specific so far from my tests.

Archived