Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are prime elemental mods useful and/or worth it?

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

Question

6 answers to this question

They are not a make-or-break mod for a weapon, but they can make an existing build you like even more powerful. If you use their non-prime versions on a weapon you like and have forma'd a bit, you may want to get one of those.

Personally, I find Primed Fever Strike to be the more useful of the two, since it can help melee weapons built for viral hit even harder. It's more difficult to make a useful element from cold.

1 hour ago, (NSW)OinTygon said:

Personally, I find Primed Fever Strike to be the more useful of the two, since it can help melee weapons built for viral hit even harder. It's more difficult to make a useful element from cold.

But ... Cold is the other element used to make Viral.

That said, yeah Toxin is more versatile, and not least, I like having a higher chance to one-shot Corpus
via pure Toxin on my Melee when stealthin' but doing lazy regular attacks :D

It depends on the weapon you want to use. In most cases (automatic, burst, shotgun, melee) you have the opportunity to get a lot of hits in a relatively short period of time. In those cases, it will generally be better to use the 60/60 mods. This is because viral procs drastically increase your damage, much more than switching from 60% to 165% on a single one of the mods.

However, there are some cases where the primed mods will perform better.

1) If the status chance is already very high, so that you will reliably max the procs even without the 60/60 mods. [Incidentally, this basically applies to all beam weapons]

2) If you are using a semi automatic weapon. (Semi-Auto, Snipers, Bows) [Disclaimer: If using hunter munitions, it can still be better to use the 60/60's in this case]

2 hours ago, (XBOX)BRUHck Obama said:

prime fever strike and cryo rounds

Out of these two, I would definitely prioritize primed fever strike. This is because melee weapons have accesss to weeping wounds, which will get the status chance extremely high even without 60/60 mods.

Also, keep in mind that the devs have stated they're looking to rebalance status again. So, many of these things are likely to change fairly soon. Having more options to adapt is always a good thing :)

Archived