Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

this game is unstable, so stop layering content

sunderthefirmament

DE, Warframe is in beta.  It has been for years.  Everyone who plays it knows that it's unstable.  Deimos Arcana is the latest proof of that, even after a public statement about wanting to ship more polished content after the rough launch of Scarlet Spear this spring.

I don't see you changing.  Instead, work with what you have.  Stop layering content and encouraging players to remain in long instances where the likelihood of something breaking gets higher and higher the longer you play.  Warframe is at its best when you don't have to camp in a single level for upwards of an hour.  It works best when it's bite size.  Get into a mission, do what you need to do, get out.

The isolation vault bounties are just asking for trouble.  There are too many moving pieces, too many areas where things can fall apart.  And when things do fall apart, as they tend to in this game, it feels really bad when you lose an hour's worth of progress or more.  It doesn't sting as much when a single capture or exterminate mission bugs out, because you haven't lost much time.  But to get a crack at these new rewards, it takes about an hour or more to make it through everything.  And when something glitches out, it really sucks.

You don't seem to think players should stay in a single instance for more than an hour.  Why else would you change the optimal Steel Essence farm?  So take that philosophy and apply it to the open worlds and to other new content going forward.  Keep Warframe bite size and respectful of the player's time.

11 hours ago, WarmongerExtraordinare said:

we've barely even been getting any "new" content - just reskins of what already existed (most obvious example - three #*!%in open worlds with the fourth on the way, as if we needed more than one (that arent even "open worlds", just big glorified maps))

Yeah. 

I also wish they would start putting more effort into improving existing gamemodes, I still like Warframe but Im tired of the fact that almost every "gamemode" is just normal star chart with a twist. 

I mean look at fissures, its same old but worse with corrupting enemies that you need to wait around for making the gameplay slower which is never fun in this game. Then theres arbitrations, again, same maps and gamemodes but with an occasional arbi drone. Steel Path, again, same maps only bullet sponge enemies. Sortie, same maps and gamemodes with unnoticable modifiers. Nightmare missions, same maps and gamemodes. Bounties, mostly same defense/rescue etc but at least they are in a new map this time. 

Could use more vatied unique gamemodes for regular star chart as well. 

In my experience, the instability the OP refers to is largely when soloing (soft locks) or host transferring (mission breaks). Because if you're solo you can't force extract and complete host transfers have never worked and probably never will.

The nested mission design with bonus activities that can only be selected out in the open world exacerbate the above issues to the extreme.

In the Necralisk you can only select the Vault mission.

Before you complete tier 1 there is the option for a bonus vault for tier 1

Then you can select tier 2 or the tier 1 'new mission' for want of a better description.

Then depending on the branch you can select a new tier or the again the 'new mission'.

Tier 2 then has a bonus and so on all the way to tier 3 and at each stage there are UNIQUE items to farm.

So at every stage there is a chance for the host to leave because they don't want to do what is selected and too often that breaks the game.

As mentioned soloing means you're even more at risk and considering farming for the new stuff is idk 2-3 hours in a single mission session to get the weapon parts, it's basically a throw of the dice if you even make it out with anything you farmed. The new end of mission UI introduced just before diemos made this worse.

There is no explanation of the nested missions in game and so that reduces the pool or players who are even aware of the above choices and are left in the dark. It's leading to groups disbanding until it breaks or you are on your own.

So without friends at the same progress as you, you're left with recruiting chat on a branching mission that has 9+ branches depending on how you count the bonus vaults. Think of the players that don't realise this in the first week and the pain they will get. It's like the derelict keys or the liches or railjack. You end of doing everything on your own except this time due to the time invested it's MUCH worse when it goes wrong.

7 hours ago, Ms_Salami said:

So without friends at the same progress as you, you're left with recruiting chat on a branching mission that has 9+ branches depending on how you count the bonus vaults. Think of the players that don't realise this in the first week and the pain they will get. It's like the derelict keys or the liches or railjack. You end of doing everything on your own except this time due to the time invested it's MUCH worse when it goes wrong.

I agree with much of your post, but I find solo to be the most reliable way to complete these bounties, and the fastest.  Deimos in general is balanced in such a way that a solo player can complete most missions far more quickly than he or she could in a group.  Some of the bonuses are basically impossible to complete in a group as it stands.  Yet they become a fairly simple affair in solo.

This seems like a misstep on DE's part, as joining in with others is great advertisement for them.

On 2020-11-21 at 12:29 PM, WarmongerExtraordinare said:

we've barely even been getting any "new" content - just reskins of what already existed (most obvious example - three #*!%in open worlds with the fourth on the way, as if we needed more than one (that arent even "open worlds", just big glorified maps))

I actually really like the open world designs, for the most part. I just wish they were a little less randomly hostile so you could enjoy fishing/mining in peace. 

Maybe DE can release a special conservationist/mining cloak that muffles sound and visibility while holding a fishing rod/mining drill

Archived