Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New mod types.

BDMblue

K not a big brain topic, just an idea. I’m wondering if these mods could be like Conditional overload in changing up builds.

basically new mods could be 60/30 or 60/15s not sure the balance. 

Basically a mod of fire, Ice, electric, toxin.  Works like normal 60% more of that damage the difference would be the 30 or 15 part. Make them give your gun a 30% or 15% of causing the mods status effect.

lets say you have 2 60/15 mods. Toxic and ice. Your gun now has 120% viral. The mods though give your gun a 15% to cause a ice status and a 15% to cause a toxic status. Then weapons status chance would cause the viral status like normal.

Honestly I see 0 reason for these and they honestly make no sense given how the entire rest of the games weapon systems work, especially if it's only a 15% chance that you're saying is entirely separate from the weapons normal status chance, and you're just trying to break the game even worse if you include the base status on top of the 'side status'.

9 hours ago, Miser_able said:

so basically, bring back rainbow builds?

What's that?

11 hours ago, BDMblue said:

Basically a mod of fire, Ice, electric, toxin.  Works like normal 60% more of that damage the difference would be the 30 or 15 part. Make them give your gun a 30% or 15% of causing the mods status effect.

Why would I use inferior mods? For example I have 60% toxin damage + 60% status chance. Why would I use 60% toxin damage + 15% status chance? If it were something like 100+% damage + 30% chance (just almost random numbers) then it would be fine. With your suggestion there is no reason to use it.

7 hours ago, quxier said:

What's that?

rainbow builds was status 1.0 way back in the day, before combo elements. if you put a fire and ice mod on your weapon, you wouldn't get blast, you'd both freeze and burn the enemies. so people made things called rainbow builds in which you just slap on every element.

7 hours ago, quxier said:

What's that?

Why would I use inferior mods? For example I have 60% toxin damage + 60% status chance. Why would I use 60% toxin damage + 15% status chance? If it were something like 100+% damage + 30% chance (just almost random numbers) then it would be fine. With your suggestion there is no reason to use it.

I believe you might've misunderstood what OP is asking for. Status separation mods would be a better description if I understand OP correctly. 

The mods OP seems to be suggesting will act as a damage+separated status mod. One of these mods for cold would always have a chance to proc cold, no matter how it combines with other elemental mods. As OP points out a build with a cold and a toxin mod on would be able to proc cold, toxin and viral. 

OP refers to Condition overload as these mods will effectively triple the amount of statuses that can be procced by 1 weapon. That is an extra 2 statuses which translates into 240% extra base damage with CO.

I'm assuming that the 15% OP is referring to is multiplied by the base stats of the weapon. AKA 15% of status procs become the selected element. So a weapon with 10% status will proc the specific status 1.5% of all hits.

Let's say you try to go insane with this build. You would pick a plague zaw for the 3 IPS, then have Viral from the Plague head. Now you would add all 4 elements and get 2 extra. Most likely corrosive and blast. You would have CO. That is a 5 mod build which can still include crit or utility mods. 

Let's assume IPS(V) split of 25 at base. The 4 mods add 120 corrosive and 120 blast. 

In terms of status chance you'll have (when status proccs) 15% for cold, 15% for heat, 15% for electric and 15% for toxin. That's 60% of your procs taken up. The rest are split based on the remaining 40%. Which is 340 summed together. 14% is corrosive 14% is blast. 3% is Impact, 3% is slash, 3% is puncture, 3% is viral.

Those 3%s are quite low, but let's assume you somehow get all 10 statuses on an enemy, that is an extra 1200% base damage. AKA 1200 damage extra on top of the 340. So 1540 damage from a 100 damage weapon.

Adding crits into this could become quite powerful, but without them, this is mostly just a meme build.

10 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Adding crits into this could become quite powerful, but without them, this is mostly just a meme build

The stats for your mod to reach ultimate memebuild would have to be:

12.5% element.

10% element specific status

That way you can have:

Damage:

25 I, 25 P, 25 S, 25 V, 25 C, 25 B

Status

60%: 10% I, 10% P, 10% S, 10% V, 10% Corrosive, 10% B

40%: 10% Cold, 10% H, 10% T, 10% E

This will drop that 340 damage down to 150, but will make getting the 1200% CO boost more consistent. So a more common 1350 over a less common 1540.

47 minutes ago, Miser_able said:
8 hours ago, quxier said:

rainbow builds was status 1.0 way back in the day, before combo elements. if you put a fire and ice mod on your weapon, you wouldn't get blast, you'd both freeze and burn the enemies. so people made things called rainbow builds in which you just slap on every element.

Ah, thanks.

43 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

I believe you might've misunderstood what OP is asking for. Status separation mods would be a better description if I understand OP correctly. 

Yeah, now I get it.

Well, I once though it would b nice to have one more status. For example Viral & cold. Or in general that I could join mods to create combined statuses (e.g. put 2 mods for blast and let another 1 mod for cold).

Archived