Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removal of multiple spell spells.

BDMblue

6 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Xaku could split up "The Lost" over both their 2 and 3, like this:

2 - Tap for Accuse, Hold for Grasp (both are AoE enemy manipulation that add firepower to your side)
3 - Tap for Deny, Hold for Gaze (both are enemy-targeted and can remove defensive capabilities)

For Booben, something like this would allow much more fluid ability usage I think:

1 - Tether Coil / Tesla Nervos (you always charge Tesla to full anyways, the Augment working on tethered enemies seems fine)
2 - Overdriver / Vector Pad (now VP is out of the way until it's buffed / replaced lol)
3 - Flechette Orb / Orbital Strike (BTW, if used while aiming, give the OS throw a bit more oomph so it can reach further)
4 - Bastille / Vortex (same enhanced range / speed while aiming might be nice here ... or Hek, just give that to everything, actually)

The problem with this approach is the weight each ability has in the Helminth system. In regards to this particular example: Flechettes are my most used ability. Orbital Strike is the ability I replaced.

Again, I think drop-down style casting would be best. Possibly even on a toggle option, letting players choose between wheel and drop-down.

On 2020-11-21 at 2:57 PM, BDMblue said:

this select abilities works on 2 frames. Chroma and Khora, because they are pet AI and an elemental type. That’s great for this the rest of the frames it’s a mistake and is a bother to use.

Personally I think it works well on Ivara too, mostly because Prowl gives her time.  And when I'm not using Prowl, I'm mostly using one arrow.  I really don't think making Quiver target-dependent would be an upgrade for me, although maybe there's a better way that gets rid of the menu.  (An option I'd like is just to be able to hotkey each arrow individually...but not everybody is using a keyboard or controller that makes that easy.)

Grendel though, I'd enjoy a lot more if Nourish had the capability of casting all three buffs at once.  With whatever reasonable stipulations and costs that might entail.  He's just got too much downtime between feasting, vomiting, and long cast times without also fiddling with a menu to maintain his buffs.

The others on your list I don't know well enough to have an opinion about.

I don't think they can even remove those things, but I agree on the principle, I hate Hold X to [whatever] spells. It just breaks the pace of the game so much and I hate this trend that infects any Warframe now. It seems DE wants to add 10 abilities to Warframe without changing the basic "trinity" (does one word exist for 4 ? :D ) of having 4 abilities.

It, imo, shows a lack of thought behind the Warframes' design. When designing Xaku they basically thought about 6 spells, but they didn't want to chose so they have fit 3 on the same button.

I love Garuda but I can't resolve myself to play her at all as half of her kit requires you to Hold one button every few seconds, which breaks the flow and pace of the game by a lot. It's even more painful with "rotation" abilities (Quiver, Xaku's 3 or Vauban's things), where if you fail to "Hold" long enough, you'll have to tap 3/4 times to go back to the ability you wanted to use.

K Ivara idea.

So every person hates my 1st idea, but if this frame can’t be solved none of them can.

1st thing we may or may not agree on is she’s not over powered. If so we can look at the skill with a buff not busting her. 

So as far as I know she has 3 arrows if she has a 4th I forgot it and it’s most likely a useless pos. Still hold to cast it and forget it. The 3 arrows are sleep, invisible, tether. I see no reason we can’t just combine all 3 into 1 skill.

Every arrow you fire sleeps on impact, every arrow makes you go invisible. Every wall hit tethers. Invisible while on a tether. I would change the arrows looks to a smoke effect coming off them like ferrox, and remove the bubble.

15 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

K Ivara idea.

So every person hates my 1st idea, but if this frame can’t be solved none of them can.

1st thing we may or may not agree on is she’s not over powered. If so we can look at the skill with a buff not busting her. 

So as far as I know she has 3 arrows if she has a 4th I forgot it and it’s most likely a useless pos. Still hold to cast it and forget it. The 3 arrows are sleep, invisible, tether. I see no reason we can’t just combine all 3 into 1 skill.

Every arrow you fire sleeps on impact, every arrow makes you go invisible. Every wall hit tethers. Invisible while on a tether. I would change the arrows looks to a smoke effect coming off them like ferrox, and remove the bubble.

Still nope. It takes less than a second to cycle to any of the 4 Quiver arrows and shoot, once you're used to it (in tap-cycle/hold-shoot mode).

What if I want to put some cloaks covering a wide area on the floor, and then a Dashwire on the wall for later use? Now you've forced dashwires to come with a cloak, it's just cancelled out one of my cloak areas.

What if I want to put a cloak bubble down while I wait for more enemies to gather, before Sleeping them all, because Sleep Arrows can't refresh their duration and I don't want to have all the enemies waking up at staggered durations? I put a Cloak down, and whoops, the first cluster of enemies in the area fall asleep, ruining the organisation of sleep timers.

If you really want snappy performance, for Ivara in particular, you do always have the option of being in Tap to Cycle mode, then using Artemis Bow Alt-fire to Shoot. That way you have both functions immediately available on only a button-press / click. No hold necessary.

No, I hate rotating ability selection, but it's nice to have broader ability variations on certain frames. 

The problem is that they are annoying to activate, they could easily diversify certain abilities with crouch and aim rather than rotating through a list, there are tons of chords in the game, and barely any ability chords. 

8 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Still nope. It takes less than a second to cycle to any of the 4 Quiver arrows and shoot, once you're used to it (in tap-cycle/hold-shoot mode).

What if I want to put some cloaks covering a wide area on the floor, and then a Dashwire on the wall for later use? Now you've forced dashwires to come with a cloak, it's just cancelled out one of my cloak areas.

What if I want to put a cloak bubble down while I wait for more enemies to gather, before Sleeping them all, because Sleep Arrows can't refresh their duration and I don't want to have all the enemies waking up at staggered durations? I put a Cloak down, and whoops, the first cluster of enemies in the area fall asleep, ruining the organisation of sleep timers.

If you really want snappy performance, for Ivara in particular, you do always have the option of being in Tap to Cycle mode, then using Artemis Bow Alt-fire to Shoot. That way you have both functions immediately available on only a button-press / click. No hold necessary.

How attached to noise are we?

kkk fine. Let’s make the tether hold to cast and the sleep refreshes. If we agree she’s not broken this buff is fine for function. We can also make the cloak have a effect that keeps you stealth after leaving the arrows area like 5 seconds. 

Archived