Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to increase spawn rate for enemies in solo as if with more people

PhoenixElite

Title.

The year is 2020, and enemy spawn rates while solo, are absolutely garbage and abysmal when compared to spawn rates with a full squad.

And the problem only gets worse and worse as DE continues to add more "new shiny content" while leaving all other content to accumulate cobwebs, leaving you to have to suck it up and run solo or just, not, play the content and disregard all stuff locked behind it. Example; toroid farming

i'm not for or against this, but i'll note that relatively popular/demanded things like Toroids tends to have people in Recruit Chat looking to do that, you could join up with them.
but obviously that isn't always there, only at the behest of Player activity.

Yeah, ran a disruption mission the other day till wave 36 with enemies reaching almost lvl 3000, but the most difficult thing was getting the keys. There were at most only 20 enemies on the map at a time and many times quite a few less. There was an update that mentioned spawnrates increasing with level, but it was definitely not visible here.

8 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Sponge Path spawn rates without the Sponge Path modifiers (and the apparent Sponge Path reduction of Life Support module drops in survival, or other artificial difficulties) would be nice. As an option. Sometimes you don't want to have enemies literally spawning next to you within the same room's opposite corner.

Sometimes you want <100 level enemies.

Recent anecdotal example of solo spawn issues:

Me at MR29, Survival on Elara, Jupiter. Purpose: Levelling, gilding, relevelling new kitgun chambers - one primary, one secondary.

Round 1: 60 minutes, fully levelled kitguns 0-30. Never went below 5 spare Life Support capsules. No need to leave first Capsule room.

Round 2 (post-gild): 30 minutes. Spawns and drops so awful that I ran out of capsules and was forced to extract, despite the gilded guns now being statistically better than Round 1.

Round 3: 60 minutes, fully levelled kitguns xx-30 + a new melee 0-30. Had a rough patch where I needed to go to the second Capsule room a couple times, but after the mission picked up at ~20 minutes, never needed to leave the first Capsule room afterwards.

It's not enjoyable to feel like you can only guess how far you'll be able to keep going on an endless mission with identical or slightly better equipment because the spawn and enemy life support drops logic just feels like messing with you.

Just want to post support for this. The addition of a check box in the options menu to enable another option in the drop down menu [Public][Private][Invite Only][Solo][Solo 4x] or a selection in options to add dummy players to solo, private, and invite only games. It might to nice to have the four player spawn rate if anyone I use to play with played again.

I feels pretty lame in some missions to clear out the dozen enemies that spawn and just jump in circles waiting for another few to show up. Meanwhile that combo counter decayed, the excavator ran out of power 20s ago and there's still no sign of a cell carrier.

The first time I entered a Steel Path solo survival, I was pleasantly surprised to see WAY more enemy spawns coming at me. And I loved it. I want this for most of missions played.

Though, on the other hand, having as few enemies as possible would be good for other types of missions, like spy, rescue, in order to facilitate the whole stealth infiltration vibe.

I was never a big fan of Steel Path but I must say I LOVE the fact that theres so much more enemies. It should be like that everywhere! I finally have groups of enemies to use my skills and weapons on. On regular missions its sometimes a real chore finding SOMETHING to kill and its boring. 

Same thing in Deimos, always have to look for the enemy... And the time spent looking is basically the same as not playing at all. 

Archived