Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Considering to return, is it actually worth it?

Deus-Ex-Vesania

Question

So, YouTube decided to randomly recommend 'We all lift together' and simultaneously reminded me that Warframe exists.

But that also reminded me of the unplayable S#&$show of bugs that was Operation: Scarlet Spear, the point where I had enough of bugs and the empty promise of soon™

Anyway, as I am considering to get back into the game I'm curious what active players think:

Was Warframe able to deliver on the promise or is DE still rushing updates without any intention to actually deliver quality, adding more and more bugs to the pile?

And Deimos. It seems to be considered extra grindy from what I've read, even for the local standarts. That's what keeps you busy over a prolonged period of time though, so I don't mind it anyway. But is it actually playable?

10 answers to this question

In my opinion Warframe has continuously gotten better since Scarlet Spear. Scarlet Spear was a real mess, I lost three long-time squad buddies and took a break myself. 

There are actually a lot of improvements, many of them "QoL". As an example there is a new mod (Botanist) allowing Oxylus to automatically scan plants within 50 meters (I have all the plant stuff I'll ever need, but I still get a kick out of auto-scanning plants 😀), and another (Preparation) allowing you to start a mission with full energy. Small stuff, but it shows that DE knows & care 🙂. Lots of other new mods too. The biggest new thing is "The Helminth", an addition to your orbiter that allows you to store one predetermined ability from any of the basic warframes and transfer it to another (in place of an existing one). Allows you to mix and match. You might have to collect and rebuild warframes (they are destroyed when "subsumed" for storing the ability in the Helminth) and if you don't already have sh*tloads of resources there is some farming to do (the Helminth eats resources to function).  

Deimos is actually quite good, once you figure out how everything works. The Entrati standing system seemed complex at first, but it actually works pretty good, since it allows you to "store" standing (the same way you can collect a large pile of toroids and then turn in only what is needed for max daily standing every day). Deimos got a substantial update last week, adding even more stuff. Some are having issues (me included 😒) with how the brand new bounties are structured, but overall it is another win (though it is now going through the "fix all bugs"-phase, which always happens after a broad "mega-patch").

If your way of playing is wanting everything at once, rushing through missions and copying meta-builds from youtube, coming back will just increase your stress level. If you like the game and all it's complex mechanics and like figuring out new stuff, and if you can get over that some things you "knew" has changed, then there has been A LOT added & changed since Scarlet Spear and you might have a good time, long past Xmas. And if you are a "completionist" (like me), you CAN now get to MR30...

Gerade eben schrieb DrivaMain:

The community has very mixed opinions regarding recent updates. Some like it, some don't.

True that. Main reason I don't step deeper into the forum and just ask.

In general I'm just curious about the myriad of bugs and the current status of them. Not too keen on getting back into the game if all that's waiting for me is an entire mountain range of bugs from rushed updates.

Just now, Deus-Ex-Vesania said:

In general I'm just curious about the myriad of bugs and the current status of them. Not too keen on getting back into the game if all that's waiting for me is an entire mountain range of bugs from rushed updates.

I haven't experienced any major game breaking bugs since Deimos Arcana update. But your mileage may vary.

It's always worth it to return! The core gameplay [Mobility system, shooting, melee, abilities, etc...] is as fun as it always was!

New stuff is a bit of a mess, as always. This time there's a lot of "Oh, we forgot to add the rare rewards to the loot table, oopsie! Oh, that 0.4% was supposed to be 4%, sorry! Oh, I guess we totally forgot to include the blueprint too!" They're also experimenting with a new "To unlock the activity to have a chance to get the new rewards, you need to first do this other activity... If you leave and come back, you will have to repeat the other activity to unlock the new activity again." Surprisingly, the majority of bugs in the recent big update seem to be in the drop tables, not in the gameplay itself. 

As long as you go into it aware of all that, you won't be disappointed. Just don't get pulled into the FOMO mindset: ignore the absurd grinds until they have been changed to be reasonable, etc...

I can't comment on the most recent PC update from a first person's perspective but in general DE's philosophies in terms of design choices, initial updates ("ship it before we fix it, preferably right before a weekend or holiday so most people aren't available to fix things"), and nerfing and buffing ("nerf overzealously and swiftly and buff timidly and slowly and don't really change anything effectively to become useful or make it even worse") are still the same. So, if these things were putting you off I can't say it changed very much.

I'm not high level enough to talk about the stuff u guys are talking about but from the time i've spent playing i haven't encountered any bugs at all. So if bugs are your concern, from my POV it's all g.

But my own advice is well unless ur looking for a stress reliever, don't come back? like PvP is dead, no tournaments or whatever, you dont really get anything out of the time you invest in the game. The viewership for this game also i think isnt as good as other games so like, you cant even make youtube vids or stuff off it that'll get u attention or benefits. If you're just looking to destress and hack and slash then of course! It's great at that i love jsut roaming around and killing S#&$. But if you wanna get something out of it, you wont.

I was able to get through scarlet spear fairly well, it as far too grindy etc though... I managed to work my way through the other stuff since then albeit with far less 'enthusiasm' than before liches etc.

Deimos on the other hand literally made me not want to play the game, the initial release was laggy as anything (and my pc is well above min specs) and the 'cost' for things just seemed far too grindy imo (take the good bits of ticker, then make it worse).  I also don't like another thing pulling away from the warframes, if I wanted to play mechwarrior I'd play mechwarrior.

So basically Deimos made me take a break from the game, your mileage may vary though. 

Archived