Damaged Necramech Weapon parts acquisition should be adjusted.

lavacomet

The Deimos Arcana update has made the grind for damaged necramech weapon parts required for the Cortege and Morgha from somewhat reasonable into quite a long grind (to me, at least). With the added arcana vault missions, the Deimos Arcana update removes the option to rerun the tier 3 isolation vault in the same session after clearing all of them. This changes it from an initial 20-30 minute startup time to unlock all the vaults and then just spamming tier 3 isolation vault to having to spend 20-30 minutes per run just for a 5% chance to get a single part. If they want to add more weapons that uses these parts in the future they should make it a little easier to acquire. I have a few suggestions on what DE could do to help with the grind:

1. Allow us to rerun isolation vaults in the same session like before again. Personally, this would just bring it back to status quo and I would be fine with it. We can rerun arcana missions in the same session so why not isolation vaults as well? I understand there may some difficulties to implement but its worth a thought. Maybe once an arcana mission has been started you can't rerun isolation vaults in the same session?
  2. Change its drop mechanics or add more drop locations. Why not add or spread the drops out between all the vault tiers and/or increase its drop chance? That will make running all three vaults feel more worthwhile. Or when you fight a necramech and permanently break its weapon arm it has a chance to drop a part? Maybe the broken necramechs lying around in the world or in the hidden rooms in the vaults could have an option to dismantle for parts instead of being repaired to use, especially if we have our own mechs already.
  3. Just have Loid sell it. Considering how much easier it is to obtain Orokin Matrix, just set a high price for it. Farm isolation vaults for a chance at the part, if you aren't getting it you have matrix to buy it instead.

These are just my opinion and ideas. Being a free to play game, I understand that there is quite some grinding involved. If I didn't want to grind I would just buy it but it's currently not available on the market. I could buy the parts from other players but given how rare the parts currently are, and the current high demand with this update, each piece is quite expensive. Prices will go back down in the future but that's then.

Not sure if this is the best sub forum to post this in but it seemed the most appropriate to me.

It’s annoying. I decided to stopped grinding for the last part and just bit the bullet and pay up platinum because of my 3 day grind policy before paying. You used to be able to re-run them so you can get the parts quicker.

But the new archgun is nice tho.

9 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

It’s annoying. I decided to stopped grinding for the last part and just bit the bullet and pay up platinum because of my 3 day grind policy before paying. You used to be able to re-run them so you can get the parts quicker.

But the new archgun is nice tho.

And by doing that, you have just validated DE's terrible grindwall policy. Every time you plat out for something, you're saying "I approve of this and wish to reward you with money".

According to the drop tables, the drop chance is still 5%. That seems unreasonably low. Anything that is needed to craft a piece of equipment should count as an essential component. No essential components should have an attainable drop chance of less than roughly 15%. Leave the "snowball's chance in hell" percentages for rare mods or something.

There isn't even anything we can refine or a difficulty we can knotch up to increase the drop chances.

Archived