Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I guess I'll never post anything here again

Hrodperht

I've been wondering where my last post went, because I couldn't read any notifications on it.

Then I clicked on the community guidelines and couldn't stop laughing. The very next moment
I was smh and then laughing again. Because...

What was written in there was basically:

• No critique or else...
  • Shut yer dirty hatespeech mouth
  • Rainbows rainbows and don't forget to praise DE

Sorry, DE...
I'm a 40 year old family father and those rules are not compatible with reality in any way.
Life is different. Life is unforgiving. And freedom of speech is a must! If you guys delete
every bit of critique on your decisions or game - you are not for freedom.
I'm also a german citizen and we've had such rules during very dark times back then.
Think about it!

And please don't come up with strawmen here. I've heard it all before. I've seen it all before.
In fact, I'm running my 8th Twitter account right now. All the others got deleted
because of really laughable reasons and in most cases they wouldn't even tell me why.

Now just you know DE...
I'VE SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON YOUR GAME, BECAUSE I WANTED TO SEND YOU SOME
KIND OF APPRECIATION. I really like the game universe and I do care where it is going in the future.

But simply deleting my voice and not even leaving a word of how it came to be...
That's really weak. I'm very disappointed in you guys. That made me sad.

Sincerely,

Payment P aka Hrodperht

P.S.:
I know you'll delete this post here too.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Can someone tell me what happened.. I've been so busy ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME that I'm out of touch with the forum complaints ..

Who knows. OP doesn't mention getting a warning, so really who even gives a toss? Whatever it was was simply hidden.

This is attention seeking, plain and simple.

I don't know what you posted or where, though I am pretty sure they allow negative game feedback, from the amount of complaining I do myself.

Also the developers don't necessarily mod the forum directly, though they of course can - I assume they mostly don't read the forums lol.

That said people are on them 25/7 anywhere they go, so don't worry they don't know about all and any issues.

We all know how frustrating the game can be so rants are natural and healthy but they do have to remain professional and pragmatic.

20 minutes ago, Hrodperht said:

And freedom of speech is a must! If you guys delete
every bit of critique on your decisions or game - you are not for freedom.

You're posting on a privately owned forum. Your ability to post here is a privilege, not a right, and with that any such freedoms do not apply here. Same thing applies to Twitter as well.

23 minutes ago, Hrodperht said:

What was written in there was basically:

• No critique or else...
  • Shut yer dirty hatespeech mouth
  • Rainbows rainbows and don't forget to praise DE

i don't believe you anchorman GIF

I have a suspicion that you threw a personal attack on the dev team somewhere in that post. We do know they don't take personal attacks very well.

6 minutes ago, Hrodperht said:

I see a lotta "good guys" here. Lotta "democrats" probably.

Let me applaud you.

The moment you bring politics into a post that had nothing to do with politics kinda threw out any sort of argument you were trying to string together.

Next time post critiques without slandering the Devs, which is most likely the case here.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)corpusbonds said:

The moment you bring politics into a post that had nothing to do with politics kinda threw out any sort of argument you were trying to string together.

Next time post critiques without slandering the Devs, which is most likely the case here.

I unfortunately grew up around guys like this. He probably thinks Democrats are "softies" and thinks the world needs more "real men" that can "take a joke".

Your arguments sounded reasonable, but then you wrote, and I quote:

42 minutes ago, Hrodperht said:

<...> In fact, I'm running my 8th Twitter account right now. All the others got deleted
because of really laughable reasons and in most cases they wouldn't even tell me why. <..>

Like, bruh, if Twitter deleted your 8 accounts, you need to take a chill pill and check your manners in public discussions.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)corpusbonds said:

Slandering the Devs would almost certainly get you a warning point, which the OP doesn't state they received.

They simply couldn't find a post of theirs because it was hidden, took it incredibly personally and now want attention. Posts are regularly hidden when they go off topic or break the rules, statistically however most hidden posts should occur because they were responding to a post that was also hidden. 1 post breaks the rules, 3 others respond to it, all are hidden.

Having a post hidden does not immediately mean that you yourself were the one breaking the rules and are being punished, but I guess that's too logical or something. Emotional overreactions are certainly much more interesting to watch at least.

16 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Slandering the Devs would almost certainly get you a warning point, which the OP doesn't state they received.

They simply couldn't find a post of theirs because it was hidden, took it incredibly personally and now want attention. Posts are regularly hidden when they go off topic or break the rules, statistically however most hidden posts should occur because they were responding to a post that was also hidden. 1 post breaks the rules, 3 others respond to it, all are hidden.

Having a post hidden does not immediately mean that you yourself were the one breaking the rules and are being punished, but I guess that's too logical or something. Emotional overreactions are certainly much more interesting to watch at least.

Yes, but I’m just assuming that. Either way it is pretty interesting. I’ve had posts hidden before, shrugged and moved on, it happens. But I guess this guy was trying to make some point which *shrug*

6 minutes ago, (PSN)corpusbonds said:

I’ve had posts hidden before, shrugged and moved on, it happens. But I guess this guy was trying to make some point which *shrug*

I think we should do the same, you know. If this thread and subsequently all our posts get hidden, we should protest outside of DE's office or something. Maybe a hunger strike, or we cry into a megaphone or something. 

"Muh freedoms".

I'll book the tickets. Damnit pandemic, ruining all my fun.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I think we should do the same, you know. If this thread and subsequently all our posts get hidden, we should protest outside of DE's office or something. Maybe a hunger strike, or we cry into a megaphone or something. 

"Muh freedoms".

I'll book the tickets. Damnit pandemic, ruining all my fun.

Haha thank you for the chuckle, needed that before going into work today!

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

We all know how frustrating the game can be so rants are natural and healthy but they do have to remain professional and pragmatic.

I started a post and saw several answers deleted (and I think this one will be deleted too)...  some of mine and several of other guys
I know exactly what the guy is feeling.

many comments on my post, had nothing to do with the subject itself...
I always try to keep the level and keep focused on the subject, but that's not what happens normally...
I usually answer only, the subject that I started!
I think that some people, could not understand my idea, due to pollution of other subjects and what I said, it was not read...
all this, it’s very frustrating

Archived