USE of hacktool in yesterday's trade

potatoranger99

Question

Hello friends, 

Generally i just used forums to see any new updates and dispo change but yesterday a very unfortunate thing happened with my account i did a trade with one guy naming ***** and it was a 75p trade but instead my accounts platinum count reduced from 700 to 20 i feel there is some kind of hack tool or something similar used from his side. I don't know what to do this happened for the first time in my 2 years of journey in the game and i am really disappointed with it. What to do now ?

4 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, potatoranger99 said:

Hello friends, 

Generally i just used forums to see any new updates and dispo change but yesterday a very unfortunate thing happened with my account i did a trade with one guy naming geff65  and it was a 75p trade but instead my accounts platinum count reduced from 700 to 20 i feel there is some kind of hack tool or something similar used from his side. I don't know what to do this happened for the first time in my 2 years of journey in the game and i am really disappointed with it. What to do now ?

contact support, and don't mention the other player's name on the forums (feel free to mention it to support though, just not here)

1 hour ago, potatoranger99 said:

Hello friends, 

Generally i just used forums to see any new updates and dispo change but yesterday a very unfortunate thing happened with my account i did a trade with one guy naming ***** and it was a 75p trade but instead my accounts platinum count reduced from 700 to 20 i feel there is some kind of hack tool or something similar used from his side. I don't know what to do this happened for the first time in my 2 years of journey in the game and i am really disappointed with it. What to do now ?

The ones who took your platinum are most likely DE themselves. Contact support.

On 2020-11-22 at 10:13 AM, potatoranger99 said:

Hello friends, 

unlikely since the dojo, even if it was the other player one, is hosted by DEs server and not the player who enters their dojo first (as it was... 2 years? ago).

to hack into the datastream an manipulate it, the attacker needs to be either on the hosting server or do a man-in-the-middle-attack, which also require a lot of previous preparation on the attackers part... all in all, if your trade was not along planed action, this is sheer impossible to to on a short notice by even the best hacker.

what i guess is that either you screwed up accidently and putting to much plat in there and not noticing it even after the first question of everything being correct or, the control-server glitched up.

in any case, that is something for the support to find out since they have all the data of every trade ever done (if they hugging the data for ever, that is ^^) - at least for all trades done in the last months or so.

so open a ticket and wait till you get a (human) response from them. the the future, i advice doing screenshots from the trade screen when everyting is put in and the question to continue is asked - do this best by using the F6 key for the ingame screenshot. you'll find the pictures in your windows picture folder in the 'warframe' subfolder. those screenshots also contain meta-data that might or might not help the support in solving the problems. you could also save the EE.log file for it also contains a lot of infos about other players who shared a seesion with you but that is a bit too much to ask for and likely unnecessary too - the F6 though is a one click action you always can do fast...

On 2020-11-22 at 1:13 AM, potatoranger99 said:

Hello friends, 

As someone else said, if this is a hack, it's a big one, so it could have been DE themselves who took it.

Where did you get all of your most recent platinum? Did you trade for it? Did you buy it? 

If you traded for it was it all mostly in one transaction? Have you sold anything to any other player for a large amount of plat recently? 

Have you bought platinum from anywhere besides the Warframe official site? 

Imagine someone bought plat, and then bought something from you in a trade. 

Now imagine their credit card gets a chargeback due to non sufficient funds or some other bank issue and they cannot resolve the payment balance with DE.

All that plat is simply removed from the game, even if it was already traded to someone else. 

Archived