Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto Switch to solo after objective completion

PhiThagRaid

I would like to see an addition to endurance missions that automatically switches a session from Public/FO/IO to solo if the player ends up alone in the mission after the objective has been completed. There are three places where you become the only player after the objective has been completed: Endless missions, Open Worlds and random host migration.

Currently once the objective has been completed no one can join the mission anymore. In endless missions after the first round the mission gets locked. In open world missions I'm not 100% sure when it locks, usually the 2nd or 3rd section of ISO cause it, but it might be tied to getting a reward from the mission. And host migrations are way more random than the above two.

With endless and openworld missions separate extraction currently exists. This can often lead to you being the only person who wants to stay and given the mission lock no one else will join anymore. This basically places you in solo mode, but without the benefit of being able to pause. So, I'm basically asking that, when the mission essentially becomes solo mode, the only benefit of solo mode be granted to the player.

Basicly what they should do is if you are only one player currently - you can pause the game, if someone joins party you game will unpause even if you are in menu. Also maybe give a switch to look for others players or not.

Often i played on missions when it's rare someone go there too, but i started in public mode and can't pause.

10 minutes ago, Delory said:

Basicly what they should do is if you are only one player currently - you can pause the game, if someone joins party you game will unpause even if you are in menu. Also maybe give a switch to look for others players or not.

I was mainly focusing on the situations where having more people join is already impossible. In my suggestion it would only switch you to solo if no one can join due to game restrictions.  If people can still join such as at the start of the mission that is quite a different situation. Placing someone in solo mode restricts players from joining your session, thus is sort of irreversible. 

An option to switch the game type manually could be a solution that fits both your(not 100%, though, since you can't really expect players to join into a paused game) and my situation. In yours as long as the objective is not complete you could perhaps be allowed to switch from solo to public. And in my case once there are no other team members I could possibly switch to solo.

14 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Endless missions I'll grant you, but open-worlds you already can't pause (probably to avoid issues with Day/Night/Cold/Warm/Fass/Vome cycle transitions) no matter if you're set to solo or otherwise.

Fair enough, can't remember ever testing it on openworlds, and it makes sense that you can pause it based on the cycles. Added it as an example since that is a place where the "objective already completed" lock can be the most obvious due to the less linear nature.

Archived