Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No indication of conditions/limitations for dropping Infested K-Drive parts from Cambion Drift races

TheLexiConArtist

Infested K-drive parts come from completing Grandma's races. We know and can confirm this.

But we have no indication of how and when they can drop.

Case in point:

1. I did all the Drift races yesterday, got 3 of the 4 infested parts across 5 different available races.
    • No indication of why parts didn't drop on each race, or why at least each of 4 parts did not appear. Chance of drop? Limited races were eligible to drop? Performance of completed race?
  2. Completing races again yielded no drops over many attempts.
    • No indication of eligibility limit or cooldown on re-running races for additional parts.
  3. I did all 5 Drift races today - not all of which were identical to previous day's available races - and have received zero parts.
    • Still no indication of why or when races are eligible to drop parts. Clearly not a daily reset. New races also failed to drop for unknown reasons.

I wanted to make the new board with all its contiguous pieces before trying any mixing and matching - if additional part BPs are even available, insufficient information - but I cannot do this and cannot even infer when I may be able to do this since the conditions are all completely ambiguous.

37 minutes ago, Lord_Zorn said:

I'm frustrated with this, too.  Did you, by chance, note the name of the race with which part you received?  I didn't and wish I did.

Unfortunately not. All my (admittedly limited) experiences just paint a picture of randomness - if I compare the cycle I did while the rewards were still 'fake blueprints' with those after the patch which fixed that, I got a different 3 of the 4 parts and I'm fairly sure which races yielded rewards also differed between them, so no real usable information.

I found this elsewhere on the forums:

I can confirm that Feverspine and Nodulite both drop from the races indicated in this post, I assume the other 2 are also correct. Try it out and see if this gets you your missing part. I can definitely confirm you don't need to do all the races, there are 2 I never touched and still have all 4 parts.

The biggest problem for me is getting enough Ocular Stem-Root. I've had absolutely rotten luck getting Flagellocanth to spawn (wasted 5 baits so far) and I don't know how much I want to spend plat on them. Their spawn rate is absolutely ridiculous from what I've seen, and it doesn't help that Thursday's update seems to have badly broken fishing hotspots for me (most simply don't spawn any fish, bait or no bait).

7 hours ago, zipilgrim said:

I can confirm that Feverspine and Nodulite both drop from the races indicated in this post, I assume the other 2 are also correct. Try it out and see if this gets you your missing part. I can definitely confirm you don't need to do all the races, there are 2 I never touched and still have all 4 parts.

The biggest problem for me is getting enough Ocular Stem-Root. I've had absolutely rotten luck getting Flagellocanth to spawn (wasted 5 baits so far) and I don't know how much I want to spend plat on them. Their spawn rate is absolutely ridiculous from what I've seen, and it doesn't help that Thursday's update seems to have badly broken fishing hotspots for me (most simply don't spawn any fish, bait or no bait).

Handy anecdote, but it's early days and we don't really know if that's a static factor that won't change, or if/when we can run again for additional part BPs after first completion. We still need clarity and indications in the actual game for this.

Ocular Stem-Roots can drop from the rarer containers (Spitia cysts, Auron Entrati Caskets) and I presume may also be spit out of the obelisks if they're working again. Try that?

Edit: Confirmed Oculars can be spit out of the obelisk.

From my experience this appears to be what happened.

When Arcana first went live I did all the available races and received broken blueprints that could not be used. Being awarded 3/4 total blueprints after 5 races. (roughly 1 blueprint every 2 races).

When the hotfix went live I had to redo all the races. I got 3/4 blueprints again in 5 races. I crafted the available blueprints and claimed them before running the races again.

After the races changed (server reset) I ran them again and got 3 duplicate pieces (all the pieces I had crafted+claimed). 

I did not craft any more pieces and did 2 more races after server reset. Got the missing blueprint. It would not reward duplicate blueprints to me for any that I had already in my foundry.

So what I =think= is happening is you should be getting 1 blueprint for every 2 races you run. This means at minimum it takes 2 days to get all 4 blueprints.

If you craft and claim any blueprint then you can be randomly awarded that blueprint again (these are one time use items). If you do not claim the blueprints then you will not get duplicates (meaning you can get them in a minimum of 6 unique races).

The "X drops from X race" is incorrect. I have received multiple parts from various races. It appears to be based on number of unique races completed not random from each race (appeared to be roughly 1 blueprint for every 2 races in all 3 days of testing this).

I'm not sure why you have not received the 4th part, OP... my experience has been consistent with yielding a blueprint every 2 unique races.

22 hours ago, zipilgrim said:

Make sure you are using the baits during the correct cycle...

I was using bait and they were spawning 100% of the time... Used 3 bait and the fish spawned each time. Was during Fass cycle I believe (the fish codex says which cycle they spawn in). The other fish needed for the resources spawns in the opposite cycle pretty commonly without bait.

Archived