Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia Prime Accesory Idea

(PSN)Toolriz

I have a lot of ideas for warframe, most I tell only to close friends but this one I will give to de for free. If they want to sell a lot of Octavia prime accesory packs you have to make a winding musical note ephemera. Imagine musical notes going around her to the beat. Omg would that sell. That’s a freebie DE

Octavia is awesome and her play style is simply misunderstood. She is simply really strong it just stinks u have to play annoying music to really get max dmg outta her. A simple self cast on her 4 would fix her having to camp for her 4. Like her or not tho her prime is coming.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Toolriz said:

I have a lot of ideas for warframe, most I tell only to close friends but this one I will give to de for free. If they want to sell a lot of Octavia prime accesory packs you have to make a winding musical note ephemera. Imagine musical notes going around her to the beat. Omg would that sell. That’s a freebie DE

That actually sounds pretty cool. 

I think that, or an audio visualizer ephemera that floats around her like a ring or something would be a nice touch.

Even though prime accessories are just overpriced imo. I would definitely payout for this. Someday hopefully we can buy just accessories without the plat booster etc. I would buy every prime accessories pack if they were 20 to 30 usd instead of the hefty 60usd four times a year.hopefully if this is done it has the line bars for the notes to be a different energy color which would be so sick.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Toolriz said:

Octavia is awesome and her play style is simply misunderstood. She is simply really strong it just stinks u have to play annoying music to really get max dmg outta her. A simple self cast on her 4 would fix her having to camp for her 4. Like her or not tho her prime is coming.

Um, this wouldn't solve anything?

You said it yourself, people find Octavia and her music annoying. Whether you're having to hear her limited tones or actually use her kit, the premise is the same. She's obviously quite an effective Warframe, but the issue is she's TOO effective, her abilities literally do everything for you. The only thing you need to do is press crouch every so often and recast when the timer runs out. That's just boring no matter how you slice it.

If you'd want to make more people play Octavia, you'd have to reduce the effectiveness of her kit somewhat, maybe even change it so that standing around isn't incentivized. Buffing her is just going to make the problem worse.

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

You said it yourself, people find Octavia and her music annoying. Whether you're having to hear her limited tones or actually use her kit, the premise is the same. She's obviously quite an effective Warframe, but the issue is she's TOO effective, her abilities literally do everything for you. The only thing you need to do is press crouch every so often and recast when the timer runs out. That's just boring no matter how you slice it.

If you'd want to make more people play Octavia, you'd have to reduce the effectiveness of her kit somewhat, maybe even change it so that standing around isn't incentivized. Buffing her is just going to make the problem worse.

Self cast wouldn’t b a buff but more like an improvement and sure u would have to remain close to get buff so what. In fact make it so if u can’t hear the song u don’t get buff which is perfect for music frame. You can still have crouching to the beat I never thought that to be a problem. The fact of annoying song being the most buffed is the problem. What this would do is make her a great support frame and an actual fun music frame in the fact that people would actually use different songs as well. Currently she is barely used cuz of this. Buffing making a barely used frame worse....hmmm lol either way this thread isn’t about her kit anyway u can find that thread in feedback 

Il y a 13 heures, (XBOX)Graysmog a dit :

It would be great to activate manually, and not because the game decided to, her abilities. However, it would not resolve her effectiveness since they would always be at our disposal. The only nerf I can see is to reduce the number of targets her mallet can hit, but then again, it would only delay the inevitable as well as if DE caps Octavia's amp.

Even with these adjustments I don't know if it would make more people to play her. Maybe DE and you have stats I don't have about nerfs which made more players using a nerfed frame or weapon or arcane.

And I don't know who wants to buff her. (maybe Michael !)

20 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

If I had to guess she'll get prime instruments from her accessories pack

I hope so. I'm not even much of an Octavia player, but if she doesn't get more sounds for her prime, then she never will again. Mandachord is one of those things DE just straight up forgot about. I'd probably use her more if I found a sound pack I like, though my musical composition abilities are... questionable, to say the least.

On 2020-11-23 at 10:38 AM, (PSN)thowed said:

Turn the rolling ball into something cool like a battle turtle lol.

8 hours ago, (PSN)MATTEOS_PHOTO said:

lol the only people that hate her have no clue how to use her like noobs

Lol I was thinking it mat just didn’t say out load. I could never hate her but I definitely feel it in this thread her dislike. I just disagree. As far as the turtle a capitol Yes in fact a prime turtle accessory. Anyway this thread was meant to be about the idea of a music note ephemera that DE just has to do. Most of my ideas I keep to myself however I need to see colored notes going to music played. Also when not with Octavia it could jam out to games music.

On 2020-11-23 at 12:28 AM, (PSN)Toolriz said:

the issue isn't with her being strong or not, in fact she might just be the single most powerful warframe in the game but...
her play-style is just way too repetitive: press 1 > press 3 > spam ctrl > win (everything else she does is just black pepper on the grill) she is the ultimate macro to win frame
music is fine tho just get a good consistent song off the internet and buy some instruments (default ones suc)
she seems fun when you start out and see big numbers but it gets boring once you've spent more than 200 hours doing it and your left pinky now looks like a third thumb (i wont judge if you still like her tho)

but regardless of whether people play her or not the prime accessories can still be purchased separately and id definitely buy it if it looked cool enough

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Toolriz said:

lol the only people that hate her have no clue how to use her like noobs

personally id think the opposite is true tho
she is fun at the start but people take issue with how repetitive her play style is and thats something you wont notice unless you play her for much longer than what you would normally consider a "noob" in this game

Archived