Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia

(PSN)Toolriz

We know Octavia prime is coming out. I have heard in devstreams in past that they didn’t like how she turned out. I really hope that with some small frame reworks she can be so much improved. For one if we can cast her 4 on ourselves to allow for it to follow us that would be awesome. Her four is stationary which in warframe is only useful if camping in a survival and that rarely happens unless you are in a group of friends. Also to have the mandachord song be constant in order to get the most out of her damage or buffs kinda needs a rework in itself maybe just get rid of that idea so any song can be played. Also double the song length would also be nice so not so repetitive and also could make her a lot more fun in song recognition. I have always liked this frame, especially in theory, but felt like if these thing were taken care of she would be just plain awesome.

Make all skills centered around Octavia and powered by music and dance 😎

Metronome at least would be nice if it was turned to a personal UI based thing that then buffed players around Octavia depending on the "dance" Octavia has performed.

U do dancing emotes for buffs lol. Jk I was trying to think of a quick fix rework because I know this type of stuff requires man hours and resources and though it is not common knowledge Digital Extremes are very small company. Surprised they can do what they already do. Kind of wish they were able to hire.

On 2020-11-22 at 2:37 PM, (PSN)Toolriz said:

We know Octavia prime is coming out. I have heard in devstreams in past that they didn’t like how she turned out. I really hope that with some small frame reworks she can be so much improved. For one if we can cast her 4 on ourselves to allow for it to follow us that would be awesome. Her four is stationary which in warframe is only useful if camping in a survival and that rarely happens unless you are in a group of friends. Also to have the mandachord song be constant in order to get the most out of her damage or buffs kinda needs a rework in itself maybe just get rid of that idea so any song can be played. Also double the song length would also be nice so not so repetitive and also could make her a lot more fun in song recognition. I have always liked this frame, especially in theory, but felt like if these thing were taken care of she would be just plain awesome.

The developers have stated dissatisfaction with how she turned out?  I hadn't heard this.

She's a mess.  A powerful, boring mess.  She's clunky to play.  She relies on thorns damage, which is, by its very nature, passive and unengaging (though Wukong's 3 manages to make it more interesting).  Her "music" theme is poorly implemented, and rewards spamming and teabagging to a beat you muted long ago.  She deserves a rework more than any frame besides Hydroid, honestly.  But she, at least, is powerful, even though she fills the screen with incomprehensible buffs and feels very, very aftermarket.

If I could fix her myself, I don't even know where I'd start.  An exalted shawzin, perhaps.  DDR controls for a rhythm minigame.  There are so many ways to fix her, but almost all require DE to seriously overhaul what she is now... in order to help her more fully realize her theme.

Yes I heard Scott say it and it wasn’t too long ago. Octavia is a mess but incomprehensible buffs, guess u don’t play her much. As for me she is a god or should I say goddess in any camping survival and can be built for only stationary missions which is just too bad. That is kind of the issue tho. Her mallet does better stationary which wasn’t thought out about her ball moving around giving less of a damage buff. She is strong, however her four only works for anyone in a stationary area, that is why a self cast where u hold button down would be a quick help for her kit. Her 3 can be finicky depending on the song where it is better to have annoying constant beat for all her buffs. Hydroid is far the worst and yes needs a rework first. This thread is to try to get her some quick help before her prime comes which is coming if not Gara, another stationary frame if u want to use her correctly and take advantage of her full kit. She was a cool idea and they tried. I still won’t give up that she will get some improvements.

Archived