Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

self damage and it’s mods

(PSN)Toolriz

Never cared for self damage period but loved the idea of having mods we could invest in to soften the blow or what would be nice, to allow a button tap to get rid of it altogether. When self damage was taken away, I was under the impression we could do a button table to quickly recover which was not true. I know other Tenno that thought that was and would be the case as well as heard from a devstream. Also mods like cautious shot should matter more or enable us to quickly recover with a button tap since the investment in a maxed mod such as this(forma,endo,exiles), should matter more. Weapons like staticor just drive me nuts now. What was once one of my favorite Secondary weapons is just annoying. A secondary cautious shot is definitely needed and the. Some sort of allowing us to invest and allow our gameplay to effect this annoying feature would be nice and also a lot more fun(purpose of games anyway).

Cautious is 90%.

The entire point is for you to actually aim and not just run around in a hallway blasting enemies 10m in front of you with no drawback. 

You're already using an AoE weapon, and most can be made really powerful when you actually forma them a good amount and use Primed mods, along with your frames own abilities etc. 

You're right on the mark. There needs to be shotgun/secondary/melee mods that have a similar effect as Cautious Shot.

Having said that you can mitigate much of the self-stagger through warframe mods that resist knockdown or speed up knockdown recovery (Primed Surefooted is the BIS for this but has the heaviest cost).

I do but it feels less effective since the changes of the self stagger. I think it should be better with such a huge investment. Rare Rank 10 mod Plus u probably need to forma few if not a couple times plus get weapon exilus adapter as well. It should add some kind of button press mechanic to get out of stagger to make it more worth while. Does anyone else remember the devs or community manager speaking of this mechanic?

16 hours ago, (PSN)Toolriz said:

I do but it feels less effective since the changes of the self stagger. I think it should be better with such a huge investment. Rare Rank 10 mod Plus u probably need to forma few if not a couple times plus get weapon exilus adapter as well.

The cost is high, no doubt, especially when complete stagger immunity is available elsewhere.  Athough honestly I think the stagger moderation CS has is a better mechanic than the stagger immunity of PFS and frame abilities.   (Better for the game, that is.  Not better for the short term interests of AoE-crazed players. 😉 )

16 hours ago, (PSN)Toolriz said:

It should add some kind of button press mechanic to get out of stagger to make it more worth while. Does anyone else remember the devs or community manager speaking of this mechanic?

This still exists, but it's easy to miss and not that effective.   When you're in a full stagger animation, watch carefully and you'll see a brief glow on your frame about half way through.  You need an energy color that will stand out against your frame to see the tell easily.  If you can hit jump right then, you'll do a little flip instead of the rest of the normal animation.

Problems:  Easy to miss.  I don't think it happens with partial staggers at all.  (So you won't want to be using CS when you're testing it.)  Personally, I find it hard to do consistently.  And even when I do everything right, the  flip doesn't shorten the stagger animation much. 

It looks cooler though.

4 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

The cost is high, no doubt, especially when complete stagger immunity is available elsewhere.  Athough honestly I think the stagger moderation CS has is a better mechanic than the stagger immunity of PFS and frame abilities.   (Better for the game, that is.  Not better for the short term interests of AoE-crazed players. 😉 )

This still exists, but it's easy to miss and not that effective.   When you're in a full stagger animation, watch carefully and you'll see a brief glow on your frame about half way through.  You need an energy color that will stand out against your frame to see the tell easily.  If you can hit jump right then, you'll do a little flip instead of the rest of the normal animation.

Problems:  Easy to miss.  I don't think it happens with partial staggers at all.  (So you won't want to be using CS when you're testing it.)  Personally, I find it hard to do consistently.  And even when I do everything right, the  flip doesn't shorten the stagger animation much. 

It looks cooler though.

Really then I wasn’t tripping out when I heard u can do that. If it isn’t effective they should make it effective and reward players who play well. Sometimes the stagger just isn’t your fault like when a Specter or npc(tumblers, shadows, dfense targets etc) jump in your way. When I get on I gotta try this and pay attention to energy color. You would hope then a cautious shot and this mechanic would get rid of it completely which would be nice and actually fun to use some of my old ruined weapons from this.

On 2020-11-22 at 5:56 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I wonder how many people even use Cautious Shot?  Anyway, I doubt I'd ever use a secondary version--I don't use CS or PSF either--but it only makes sense that one would exist.

I used to use CS more when self dmg was a thing cuz it worked great for me and quick magus elevate operator shift would heal me quick enough if I really was low on health. Now it doesn’t feel as useful and it was quite the investment. As for a secondary one it would be better then nothing for a lot of my weapons

Archived