Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit Taker

gfb537

Question

If someone could please support my clearly inferior gaming skills by explaining to me how the #*!% I'm supposed to defeat Profit Taker, I'd really appreciate it.

I prepped guns with many elements.  I prepped a chroma.  I have tons of operator skills from fighting eidolons.  I've watched youtube guides.  I have every piece of equipment I'm supposed to have, so far as I understand it, and yet this fight is a complete #*!%ing S#&$ show.  There are enemies everywhere, half of them have knock down.  In a fight where I'm supposed to be switching weapons, if I stop for a single second to try to switch weapons, I get knocked down by some mouthbreathing corpus.  There are spiders #*!%ing everywhere.  Profit taker is spinning like a #*!%ing top, making it impossible to determine what element it's vulnerable to at any given point.

Seriously: this fight is in a league of it's own in terms of how S#&$ty it is.  How the #*!% does anyone do this regularly without loosing their damned mind?

1 answer to this question

Profit-Taker is a very difficult fight when doing it solo. Allow me to break down what you said...

Preparation: Guns with many elements is crucial. Chroma, while he's QoL for damage, is not a true requirement. There are still other ways to deal significant damage to Profit-Taker. In reality, he's only there to make the shield phase very quick. In terms of damage to the legs and main body, Chroma is actually overkill. A decently modded Corvas or Velocitus makes quick work on the physical body, no matter what frame you use. Have you tried mods like (Primed) Sure Footed or Handspring to deal with the knockdowns?
For the amp, I simply recommend Raplak Prism due to the hitscan and range to reset the shields. The scaffold and brace do not matter as the Operator is there for the sole purpose of cycling the shield. However, if you are using Focus skills such as Protective Dash, or the Magus Repair arcane for your Operator, they will also be there to keep you alive. Other than that, the Operator does not play a significant role.

Enemies Everywhere: This is a given with the Profit-Taker fight. There is no end to the reinforcements. Your main focus when it comes to reinforcements are the beacons. They can and will pose a significant threat, should they be left alone for too long. The bigger Raknoids as well as Jackals can either easily take you down or make you an easier target for others. Destroy any and all Reinforcement Beacons as soon as you can in order to minimize the difficulty of the minions.

Knocked Down when Trying to Switch Weapons: Profit-Taker and Exploiter are polar opposites with this. (Primed) Sure Footed and/or Handspring are my personal recommendations; you can stand to sacrifice a little Strength with your Chroma in order to stay on your feet. 

Raknoids: There are two reasons as to why there are Raknoids bugging you, and they are:
A reinforcement beacon was left alone for too long
You have progressed far enough into the fight and Profit-Taker locks the alarm such that Raknoids are able to spawn.

Unable to see the Element: Profit-Taker shouldn't be turning so quickly that you can't see her head at any point in time. However, she does not turn to face you at all times due to most of her attacks being radial, whether the attack itself hits all sides, or she can detect you from all sides. If you can't see the element, move over to her face so you can see the element and act accordingly.

I was planning on giving a summary of the entire fight, but I decided to wait until I got your permission. 
I also want to say "have fun", but we all know Profit-Taker is anything but.

Happy Hunting, Tenno!

Archived