Jump to content

Consigning pets to the Lotus, feels strange


Recommended Posts

On 2020-11-23 at 1:55 AM, trst said:

Pretty sure it has just been Ordis ejecting them out of the airlock this entire time. Kinda like your parents telling you your dead goldfish is going on a vacation when really they just flushed it.

I was gonna say the current lotus probably eats them but this sounds more likely XD

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

I was gonna say the current lotus probably eats them but this sounds more likely XD

She's a sentient monster intent on destroying the entire origin system.

More than likely she just tortures them to death.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

She's a sentient monster intent on destroying the entire origin system.

More than likely she just tortures them to death.

You know that she was literally the only being with real power during our long sleep, right? And that she set up a cross-faction system to be ready to support us when we awakened, right? And that she's got what appears to be a vast network of operatives that has seamlessly continued to exist and assist us in our actions in the absence of the Lotus, right? 

So why the heck would anyone with a brain decide that the pets we consign actually go directly to her, especially since we have no clue as to where she is or we'd  already have been able to track her down? 

 

 

The pets go into the system that was designed by the Lotus to take care of them, the same way she took care of us for so long. Where's the problem? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

You know that she was literally the only being with real power during our long sleep, right? And that she set up a cross-faction system to be ready to support us when we awakened, right? And that she's got what appears to be a vast network of operatives that has seamlessly continued to exist and assist us in our actions in the absence of the Lotus, right? 

So why the heck would anyone with a brain decide that the pets we consign actually go directly to her, especially since we have no clue as to where she is or we'd  already have been able to track her down? 

 

 

The pets go into the system that was designed by the Lotus to take care of them, the same way she took care of us for so long. Where's the problem? 

Not according to the Lore contained in the official Warframe Wiki.

The Lotus doing anything apart from waking the Tenno isn't even hinted at, but some of the head canon people come up with is pretty interesting.

Link to the Wiki *Warning massive Spoilers if you haven't completed the story missions*

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Story_and_History

Also, the sad truth is that "Consign Pet" is just a delete button.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fl_3 said:

Not according to the Lore contained in the official Warframe Wiki.

The Lotus doing anything apart from waking the Tenno isn't even hinted at, but some of the head canon people come up with is pretty interesting.

Link to the Wiki *Warning massive Spoilers if you haven't completed the story missions*

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Story_and_History

Also, the sad truth is that "Consign Pet" is just a delete button.

Who do you think gathered the factions in the relays? The Lotus had us protect cryopods in some of the very earliest missions, and in others had us working with operatives raiding the tileset while we created a distraction. 

It's one thing to not have someone sit us down with a series of pretty pictures with small words and large letters, and claim "we don't know that for sure". It's another to look at all of the information that we have been given and pretend that until we get a session of "Storytime with uncle Teshin" that we can't put the pieces together for ourselves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Who do you think gathered the factions in the relays? The Lotus had us protect cryopods in some of the very earliest missions, and in others had us working with operatives raiding the tileset while we created a distraction. 

It's one thing to not have someone sit us down with a series of pretty pictures with small words and large letters, and claim "we don't know that for sure". It's another to look at all of the information that we have been given and pretend that until we get a session of "Storytime with uncle Teshin" that we can't put the pieces together for ourselves. 

Your opinion is yours.

Why does it also have to be mine also?

Am I not allowed to have my own opinions based on my own interpretation of the lore?

Think about this.

How did the Orokin control the Tenno before the Collapse? Was it through a network of relays? It states in lore, that the relays were built before the Old War, before the Collapse they have nothing to do with the Lotus, she didn't even exist as The Lotus then, she wasn't even in the Origin System.

Margulis did it all. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

Your opinion is yours.

Why does it also have to be mine also?

Am I not allowed to have my own opinions based on my own interpretation of the lore?

Think about this.

How did the Orokin control the Tenno before the Collapse? Was it through a network of relays? It states in lore, that the relays were built before the Old War, before the Collapse they have nothing to do with the Lotus, she didn't even exist as The Lotus then, she wasn't even in the Origin System.

Margulis did it all. 

You notice that I asked a question that would lead you to answers instead of telling you the answers? I tend to do that in hope that people will try to figure things out for themselves instead of relying on others to spoon feed the information. 

Regarding the orokin, Dax, Mechs and Tenno were all apparantly part of their arsenal. Considering that most of the rest of the population seems to have been basically enslaved without the capacity to create tech of anything close to the level of the orokin (a situation that exists to this day) you might have to rethink the importance of the relays in your scheme of things.

Also consider the existence of breakaway factions from the corpus and grineer, factions that could not have existed prior to the collapse, and therefore also well after Margulis died. They're all present and nominally aligned with the Tenno from the moment we awake, as well as the system of operatives that the Lotus has us assisting. She was also the only one who knew of our existence and presence, maintaining us during our sleep.

The rule of parsimony has to kick in at some point, Tenno.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-11-24 at 4:34 PM, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

You notice that I asked a question that would lead you to answers instead of telling you the answers? I tend to do that in hope that people will try to figure things out for themselves instead of relying on others to spoon feed the information. 

Regarding the orokin, Dax, Mechs and Tenno were all apparantly part of their arsenal. Considering that most of the rest of the population seems to have been basically enslaved without the capacity to create tech of anything close to the level of the orokin (a situation that exists to this day) you might have to rethink the importance of the relays in your scheme of things.

Also consider the existence of breakaway factions from the corpus and grineer, factions that could not have existed prior to the collapse, and therefore also well after Margulis died. They're all present and nominally aligned with the Tenno from the moment we awake, as well as the system of operatives that the Lotus has us assisting. She was also the only one who knew of our existence and presence, maintaining us during our sleep.

The rule of parsimony has to kick in at some point, Tenno.

In that case my friend, you've failed, because my view on the lore of Warframe and it's factions hasn't changed one single iota.

14 hours ago, Endorphinz said:

Wish I hadn't made this topic, you guys are making me feel even worse than ever about it D:

I apologise for this.

I didn't think that a single off the cuff comment about consigning pets was going to lead to whatever this was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

In that case my friend, you've failed, because my view on the lore of Warframe and it's factions hasn't changed one single iota.

I don't consider your not wanting to think about what I wrote to be my failure, Tenno. I know that you're not able to dispute the fact that the grineer and corpus didn't exist as significant factions prior to the collapse. Since the breakaway syndicates couldn't exist prior to the factions, then they didn't exist prior to the collapse either. Since Margulis must have died before we were directed to kill the orokin by the Lotus, causing the collapse, she could not have had a hand in the system that the Lotus was a part of and directed us to assist when we awoke from our long sleep. 

Your suggestion that Margulis was the one who shaped the support system we found is therefore not possible. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not at this time, is of no consequence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

I don't consider your not wanting to think about what I wrote to be my failure, Tenno. I know that you're not able to dispute the fact that the grineer and corpus didn't exist as significant factions prior to the collapse. Since the breakaway syndicates couldn't exist prior to the factions, then they didn't exist prior to the collapse either. Since Margulis must have died before we were directed to kill the orokin by the Lotus, causing the collapse, she could not have had a hand in the system that the Lotus was a part of and directed us to assist when we awoke from our long sleep. 

Your suggestion that Margulis was the one who shaped the support system we found is therefore not possible. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not at this time, is of no consequence.

*sighs* I'm not a Tenno, they're not real, they only exist in this computer game called Warframe and, if for one second you think differently I really suggest you go and find help for your problems.

Warframe is a game with a really spottily written lore. It is possible to read a passage from it and come up with 2 or 3 different interpretations of it all of which are perfectly acceptable and work within that segment of the lore. I've held many a lore discussion session with my clan mates coming up with new and interesting takes on the lore.

Which one is true? 

Whichever one you like the best.

Why? Because it makes absolutely no difference to the game as it all takes place before the timeline involved in the current playable version. The player joins the game after all the events that make up the lore have taken place apart from the story line, quests, and, of course any new lore that DE decides to add to the game (Erra, The Entrati, Railjack, Liches, Queenpins, Parvos Graunm, Natah's Mother, The Duviri Paradox and so on.)

I've picked the version of the lore which I like the best, and no amount of pressure that you try to apply is going to change my mind over it.

If you as an individual simply cannot deal with that then keep posting, but, this is my final word on this whole sorry subject.

Have a great day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those still salivating over the airlock or lunch, and can't be bothered to find the text, the official answer is this (from entry 10)

Quote

 

Ferdynan asks: Do you have any idea of what is the Lotus doing with our consigned Kubrows?

Consigned Kubrow go through one of two programs, each designed to make use of the Kubrow as best possible. Kubrow that are still able to perform duties such as guarding a specified object or location, assisting in the retrieval of dropped goods, or hunting specific targets are rehomed with appropriate operatives.

Kubrow consigned with complications such as pre-existing genetic defects, extensive wounds from combat or other conditions are given medical treatment and provided a home in one of several Kubrow facilities designed to provide care and research.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-11-22 at 3:45 PM, Endorphinz said:

I can only imagine the Lotus hanging out in her void spaceship or whatever with a million unwanted dogs running around.

Here the spoiler, they are jettisoned out the airlock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

*sighs* I'm not a Tenno, they're not real, they only exist in this computer game called Warframe and, if for one second you think differently I really suggest you go and find help for your problems.

Warframe is a game with a really spottily written lore. It is possible to read a passage from it and come up with 2 or 3 different interpretations of it all of which are perfectly acceptable and work within that segment of the lore. I've held many a lore discussion session with my clan mates coming up with new and interesting takes on the lore.

Which one is true? 

Whichever one you like the best.

Why? Because it makes absolutely no difference to the game as it all takes place before the timeline involved in the current playable version. The player joins the game after all the events that make up the lore have taken place apart from the story line, quests, and, of course any new lore that DE decides to add to the game (Erra, The Entrati, Railjack, Liches, Queenpins, Parvos Graunm, Natah's Mother, The Duviri Paradox and so on.)

How droll. First you try to argue about the lore, and then when you got thoroughly schooled on the matter your recourse is "they're not real so there"? With an attitude like that, it's no surprise that you stopped getting presents from Santa, is it? 

 

To this part... 

57 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

I've picked the version of the lore which I like the best, and no amount of pressure that you try to apply is going to change my mind over it.

If you as an individual simply cannot deal with that then keep posting, but, this is my final word on this whole sorry subject.

Have a great day.

My response to that is going to be: the head canon people come up with is pretty interesting but not necessarily valid. 

In this case you've been shown why what you suggested cannot be correct. Your options are to consider it and head back to the drawing board, or continue to be wrong. It's happened to all of us at some point.

It's a lot like science in that respect. There's nothing wrong with being wrong. The important part is to keep learning as we go. Refusing to learn and grow, doesn't hurt anyone else, but it does not benefit the one who is wrong. Choose your path. 

And yeah I will try to have a great day, hope you do too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...