Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why shedu is weaker that Bubonico?

Kazory

Shedu is insultingly weak for a weapon that is obtained at the end of the game, even more so with the release of Bubonico which is superior in practically every statistic and you get it directly from the dojo. It is literally not worth the effort to create the Shedu because of the Bubonico do the same of the Shedu but better. I find it an insult in both, lore and gameplay that a weapon obtained from the dojo is much better than an endgame sentient weapon. DE should buff or rework the Shedu.

I mean they are just two different weapons, you can't really compare them just because they're arm cannons. That'd be like trying to compare the Acceltra and Corinth. And I don't know how strong the Bubonic is, but I can tell you why the Shedu is weak.

It's weak because it was designed for a time where Corrosive and (mainly) Gas were strong, and it was very powerful and unique to have them on the same weapon in the way the Shedu did. But now that Gas sucks, and self-stagger gave it falloff, the Shedu kinda sucks.

Game progress and method of acquisition never have been tied directly to the power of an item, as far I remember anyways, neither has MR. As long as I played there never has been a really coherent straight upwards line for power progression for weapons in this game and it always fluctuated. Some early stuff sucks, some is good. Some late stuff sucks, some is good. Some changes shift what's good or bad, some don't. You mainly progress your power constantly upwards through mods and adding more choices to your arsenal.

The Atterax was an MR2 weapon built with a regular market bp for throwaway resources and was strong by itself and meta with Maiming Strike. Now it's "meh" last time I checked because changes happened and it require MR5 now iirc. Other things have never been great and are way more outlandish to get than the Shedu like the Braton Vandal or Lato Vandal.

That's the game for ya. Nothing personal to feel insulted about in my opinion.

hace 44 minutos, (PSN)Deeceem dijo:

Game progress and method of acquisition never have been tied directly to the power of an item, as far I remember anyways, neither has MR. As long as I played there never has been a really coherent straight upwards line for power progression for weapons in this game and it always fluctuated. Some early stuff sucks, some is good. Some late stuff sucks, some is good. Some changes shift what's good or bad, some don't. You mainly progress your power constantly upwards through mods and adding more choices to your arsenal.

The Atterax was an MR2 weapon built with a regular market bp for throwaway resources and was strong by itself and meta with Maiming Strike. Now it's "meh" last time I checked because changes happened and it require MR5 now iirc. Other things have never been great and are way more outlandish to get than the Shedu like the Braton Vandal or Lato Vandal.

That's the game for ya. Nothing personal to feel insulted about in my opinion.

that the progress of the game and the method of acquisition are not related to the reward is literally the definition of bad design. 99% of the games give you better objects the more difficult it is to obtain it or the more you advance in the story, it is logical that greater the effort, better the reward. What is insulting is that the Shedu is a weapon that is literally farmed in the last missions of the game, it has the % drop among the rarest of all weapons and even so it is a weaker version of a weapon that you can get easily from your dojo. 
DE: hey so you spent hours farming the Shedu? Let me tell you that you threw valuable hours of your life in the trash because now we will put the same version of that weapon but 100 times easier to obtain and better in each statistic than the Shedu so you can throw it away because compared to the Bubonico the Shedu now trash.

Am 23.11.2020 um 04:10 schrieb Yorzak:

that the progress of the game and the method of acquisition are not related to the reward is literally the definition of bad design. 99% of the games give you better objects the more difficult it is to obtain it or the more you advance in the story, it is logical that greater the effort, better the reward. What is insulting is that the Shedu is a weapon that is literally farmed in the last missions of the game, it has the % drop among the rarest of all weapons and even so it is a weaker version of a weapon that you can get easily from your dojo. 
DE: hey so you spent hours farming the Shedu? Let me tell you that you threw valuable hours of your life in the trash because now we will put the same version of that weapon but 100 times easier to obtain and better in each statistic than the Shedu so you can throw it away because compared to the Bubonico the Shedu now trash.

I never made a comment about if it was good or bad design, I just came to terms with that that's how it is and probably will be since I don't see how they'd overhaul the entire system, mind you. I said it was pretty much always like that since you didn't seem to realize it or at least you seemed only to be put off by it in this specific case while it already happened 100s of times in the past which should have offended you as well I figured.

I'm not even disagreeing since I generally advocate for better rewards for tasks that demand more of you - be it progression-wise or equipment-wise. Before Steel Path even released I suggested to add Umbra Forma and/or other long-term incentives and an inventory rotation to Teshin's shop because otherwise SP nodes would be dead in a matter of a few months aside from maybe Kuva and affinity farm (it wasn't quite clear yet if these would be viable at the time, one yes, one no). The situation and outcome seemed to be crystal clear to me from the get go.

One of the "issues" with gear progression in Warframe is that content gets added and changed at all corners of the game and not gradually on top of the gameplay progression like in other games where all your gear becomes obsolete when a new expansion drops. Level cap goes up, gear power goes up, everything new is better and requires you to be at the top of the old progression to be able to begin chasing after the new stuff. It's a ladder. Warframe is an unorganized web which tries to grant as many people as possible access to everything as early as possible and if they do it or not there's always complaints from people like with the Helmith system and its initial MR requirement ("Wah, that's too high!") and its lowering ("Wah, my MR doesn't matter yet again!").

If you have an idea how to change the progression system(s) into a streamlined, more linear and player-appealing system that does take a reasonable amount of time and resources to develop let the devs know. I don't.

Cheers.

5小时前 , Yorzak 说:

It's like warframe 101. warfrane been this way a long time. Item good or bad base on RNG and how much devs mess up the numbers. And you can always expecting powercreep and a big "not working as intended" in the next patch note.

Archived