Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want to like k-drives, but instead I hate them

motorfirebox

I really, really, really, really, really want to like k-drives. And I almost do. But I just can't, because they're just so damn frustrating to ride. The grinding stickiness is just flat out undependable, even with the +30% mod. And for a vehicle whose entire design should lend it to moving cleanly over any terrain, trying to actually move in anything other than flat, open ground is a nightmare. I know the floatiness is there to allow for tricks, but it makes actually going anywhere an exercise in frustration.

The absolute number one problem that needs to be addressed is grinding stickiness. There just isn't any. Even the relatively smooth rails on Vallis can randomly throw you off, and the organic tentacle-root things you're supposed to grind in the Drift may as well not be there at all.

The other thing k-drives need is an overhaul of the movement and controls. There needs to be a way to clamp down on the lateral floatiness to allow for more precise steering. Maybe something as simple as having boost mode reduce lateral floatiness while it's active. That alone might fix grinding, as a matter of fact. Hold down boost to stick to the rail, release boost when you jump to give you enough floatiness to do tricks.

there is literally no benefit of using it over archwing. guess DE forgot this basic single fact. when implementing new mode of travel atleast make sure it bring something new or does something specific better than the other ones. apart from mastery and that god awful 1000k miles of travel which is just BS. there is no reason to use it.

2 hours ago, Dauggie said:

there is literally no benefit of using it over archwing. guess DE forgot this basic single fact. when implementing new mode of travel atleast make sure it bring something new or does something specific better than the other ones. apart from mastery and that god awful 1000k miles of travel which is just BS. there is no reason to use it.

What if they had a specialization mod, that basically makes them able to use mach rush, in a really fast and unmanuverable way? You would have to get out in more open places. Or add some automatic defensive capability as long as you are moving like a couple corpus sentries just attached on it?

I'm confused, it's almost impossible for me to lose a grind with magnetism, even without it if you steer in the direction of the grind, you can maintain your traction just fine. 

With the new speed mod, you can go plenty fast if you stick them all on, there's also a temporary invulnerability mod, and a Wipeout reduction mod. 

I got to ask, how are you leaving the rail? That, is a trick. 

It takes some learning to get reliable grinds in Deimos (need to be mindful of the small bumps) but that isn't the reason I dislike K-drives, problem is that there aren't any maps designed with K-drives in mind.

As was said before they can go plenty fast but the maps makes using them difficult, that Archwings offer so much faster and easier travel is only icing on the cake.

21 hours ago, Dauggie said:

I find the races pretty fun, for the most part (at least the ones on Fortuna... Deimos races can be annoying)

What if archwing transformed into hoverboards and sharkwing?

What if hoverboards didn't control like a drunk on a tightrope?

What if you could just stay on them. 

What was the purpose in the first place?

After knowing Tony hawk and unreal tournament 3 exist, why does  it control like crap?

Why don't enemies have hoverboards 

Why aren't kdrive more looky better?  

Archived