Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto-focusing into the search box (U29.5)

TheLexiConArtist

In the latest update the game automatically places keyboard focus into the search box when the UI is brought up. This applies in places including but not limited to:

• End of mission UI
  • Dojo research UI
  • Faction vendor UI(s)

It is bothersome and unwanted. If I want to filter something, I'll put the focus in there manually. Otherwise it's just going to take some accidental inputs of movement/interact/spacebar and I'm going to have to delete it all back out to see things.

In some cases it seems to even cause a full soft-lock (noticed and reproduced with the Dojo Research UI) if the player happens to be holding inputs and triggers search filtering immediately while the interface is still loading in.

i have been waiting for Search Box autofocus to be fixed for like, 3, maybe 5 years.

the solution, is for entering the menu to sanitize all of your Inputs so a currently active and repeating OnPress is ignored, only a new OnPress is accepted.
you can add an extra sanity check for Menu loading too.
but having it autofocus on any menu with a Search Bar, is a long broken QoL feature, to remove one click from common scenarios in Menus.

This is such an annoying feature (or bug?)
Auto focused on search item in rewards screen is so unnecessary (at least for me). I never once think about searching items.
I prefer chat to clan/alliance/party after/while reaching mission ends. Now I feel annoyed because every time I want to chat to party member, it ends up in the search input :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
unknown.png?width=1067&height=600
What if the only item we get is credit? 🤣
Please remove the auto focus.

I have a habit of immediately writing "gg" once everyone is in extraction. This past week I've noticed that it now also types into the rewards search box -- sometimes even only in the rewards textbox.

SxyTPDj.jpg

This doesn't seem intentional and I think it's hampering. Could you please change it back to the way it was before?😅

It's causing far more harm than good. How often do any of us care to filter mission rewards, anyway? Probably not much compared to how many times we go to use chat after a mission and wind up typing in the search box before noticing the mistake.

It's saving exactly one click (as taiiat said above) in a few different scenarios, but far more often is costing much more than one click as we delete our text from the search box and then open up chat to type out our message again.

• 1 month later...
On 2020-11-23 at 3:31 AM, maycne.sonahoz said:

I'd add that, during End of mission, the search box steals the focus from the chat box. Quite frustrating when you're chatting with your teammates at the extraction point.

I was wondering if that was just happening to me at the end of missons i've just been spamming esc esc esc esc esc esc esc so I don't end up typing a paragraph in the search items bar

On 2020-11-23 at 1:31 PM, maycne.sonahoz said:

I'd add that, during End of mission, the search box steals the focus from the chat box. Quite frustrating when you're chatting with your teammates at the extraction point.

Yes this is annoying me so much as well. I hope they change this, Ive never used the filter box and I doubt I ever will, so keep my damn focus in the chat. 

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. This is very irritating, so often I end up chatting into the search box instead of the chat ui because it’s stolen the focus again.

That, and the new end-of-mission screen freezes the whole ui and takes ages to load (what is it loading?). Very annoying  

Bring back the old end-of-mission screen, it was quick, easy, and I think the majority of players were more than happy with it. 

+1. It's so annoying not being able to use chat while loading.

I'm also going to add that there is a delay where no inputs register once you load into your orbiter and the end of mission screen plays (i.e. you can't close the eom screen immediately, you have to wait for the animation that highlights the exit button to play.)

Archived