Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it bad that I spent 934 hours yet I'm MR14

(PSN)adachi_2

Question

42 minutes ago, (PSN)dursereg said:

Are you having fun? If so, then it doesn't  matter.

i'd have to agree w this

although just so you know the game gets funner-er when you have loads of weapons, mods, and equipment. it's great having options for playing (keeps the game interesting). also increased daily limits are the bees knees imo :D

i have way more fun now then when i was below mr 20 but hey that's just me

I spent about 2 years at MR9 because I simply enjoyed the gear I was playing with. One of my clan mates was MR23-24 and whenever we played together it was me picking him up off the floor. It took a weapon that caught my eye to finally force me to rank up.

15 hours ago, kwlingo said:

All depends oh how you play and cheese everything in game or if others user real money for play. If you invest any kind of money for play you will progress x10 quicker than others who play totally free. But in the end you can get the same results free or with money.

except Pay 2 Win doesn't exist. Buying stuff from Market, Prime Access or Prime Vault- even the packs like the Initiate Pack; don't instantly pow! gifted Mastery. You still have to move your lazy backside and Rank it to 30 if you want Mastery.

Paying someone to play for you is actually a bannable offense and costs you the entire account I hope you realise that

MR above the highest piece of gear (15 or 16?) isn't all that important. It just nets you a little more rep and a few more trades a day.

I sat at MR 15 for 2 or 3 years with a full bar and more than 1k hours.

High mr just means you specifically leveled gear for mastery (which I did even when I sat at 15). It has nothing to do with skill. I've run into mr 29's that suck absolute truckloads of balls, and mr 8's that are flawless. MR is just a number beyond the requirement.

In terms of requirements MR 14 unlocks the highest MR type of weapons and MR 16 allows the highest MR of Riven mods.

MR is not a measure of skill, only a measure of how many things you've gathered in the game in terms of frames, weapons, companions and so on. It'd be better if they renamed it to HR (Hoard Rank) or FR (Farm Rank).

If you like to stick to a few basic weapons you can definitely do that and not get higher MR. Note that Mastery Rank requirements do not always mean better weapons. But in general Prime, Vandal or Prisma versions of weapons do have a higher MR requirement than the original version.

For myself I like to try out different weapons. I have a few that I really like and switch between them randomly. Some are great fun for low level content, some for higher level. I'm not the guy that brings that single one weapon to every mission. Currently have 34 unclaimed weapons in my foundry.

Neither stat means anything concrete about player skill.  I've played with people with 4k+ hours who were average at the game at best.  I've played with MR 6's who could hold their own in a Kuva Flood.  

MR and time spent is a decent general baseline for figuring out if someone is going to be able to handle certain content, based on experience and what gear they have access to, but that metric honestly stops being useful around MR 16ish.  I know someone with a couple thousand hours who's only MR 20ish but it's because they don't chase MR.  They have the weapons and frames they like and have mostly ignored the fodder in the game.  I'm MR 30, and while it's kind of nice as like a "business card" where newer players feel like they can trust the advice I give them just based on the number next to my name, I only have MR 30 because I'm a masochist and leveled a bunch of complete and utter trash that I immediately threw away.  It does mean that I completed the SP starchart, so it says a little something about player skill, but I was also 100% on the struggle bus with some of those missions.  And I'm mediocre af at Eidolons, so despite the shiny hood ornament, daily blessings, and max rank on my name, if you see me in squad during a hunt don't be expecting a smooth carry.  We're going to be cussing at the game together.

If you're having fun, screw that number.  I only chased MR so I could forma stuff easier.

On 2020-11-23 at 7:21 PM, Skial said:

Mate I've played on and off since this came out and I'm MR. 20. And I only leveled those up recently, I can say that at rank 18 it doesn't really matter at all. I never had to grind ranks to unlock a weapon or anything else really. And remember, MR rank 30 only became relevant like a month ago or something. Just strap on your fav gun and go have fun. 😉

More like **available** a month ago... Nevermind relevant.
But those new buffs sure come in handy!

2 hours ago, (PSN)dday3six said:

The only issue I’d see is the few weapons with MR 15 requirement, but I think that’s only like the Aklex Prime, and that new infested bow iirc. 

MR isn’t the be all, end all. People both over play how little and how much it really means. 

Yep.

MR has a ton of useful perks. It doesn't mean you're a better or worse player, but it sure gives you a ton of QoL. And honestly, unless you have the Affinity but didn't do the Mastery Tests, then (and why wouldn't you?) MR does mean that you at least have USED a lot of stuff in the game.

You can't claim to know the game completely if you're basing your assessment of weapons and frames from the wiki or YouTubers, because each person has their own style, tolerances and ways of building weapons. So someone that stagnated at MR 15 because they don't use more gear, it doesn't mean that they aren't good at the game, it doesn't mean that they're bad, but it does mean that they are holding themselves back from exploring the whole game. Personally i couldn't do that.

When something new comes by, i want to try it. And yeah, most Primary and Secondary weapons will be useless vs high lvl enemies, and only really a very few combos of weapons and frames really work in REALLY high level stuff, but there's fun in using wacky weapons in lower lvl missions, and sometimes, you find something that works for YOU.

But that's me, i like to explore stuff, i like to min-max and build my own stuff. Still, i'm only MR29 with like 2k hours in. Because although i like to try stuff, i also don't rush to the stuff on day one, because that's how i burned out from the game my first time round (Got to MR19-20 in around 6 months and back then max MR was 23).

Its cool mate. MR isn't as inconsequential as people say it is. In fact it can be a great help, especially with the new MR 30 rewards.
But one think doesn't equate to the other. I know people who "main" warframes, so they have a lot of time ingame, and low MR. Others burn through gear and frames for MR and so have higher MR in less time.

None of those is indicator of proficiency or skill, just play style.
Do your thing, and don't worry too much.

1 minute ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

MR only measures how many rounds of sanctuary onslaught or hydron you have leeched.

Yes, because that's all there is to it. There's no effort put into unlocking all the stuff before hand, right?

Archived