Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reward players for each bonus completed

xombob89

Bounty has 5 stages, you complete 4 bonus objectives but 5th fails because of a bug, host migration or its one of those impossible ones like "kill no other enemies". 

This is extremely annoying and unfair. 

So, I propose we get a bonus reward for EVERY bonus objective completed, this would make bounties much more enjoyable and rewarding.

Now, before you say its too much, there should be a separate bonus reward pool which more commonly gave only a bit of credits/endo or w/e but with a rare chance for something from the actual bounty reward pool, not counting the rarest rewards so you cant get like 5 scintilliant from this. 

You could also still keep the bonus reward from ALL bonuses completed so people wont feel like this is robbing them of it, and to still entise people to  go for 100%.

Before you shoot this idea down, give your own suggestion how to make each bonus completed more impactful. 

You do currently get a bonus to standing for each bonus completed. So, that doesn't make getting bonuses useless after failing one. These mid bounty bonuses might have to always be a common drop, with the final bonus staying as is.

I am neither for or against this, but we have to look out for "reward creep". Bounties used to only have 1 reward at the end, then we got a reward for every tier, now we get a reward for every tier and a possible bonus reward.

Getting all the bonuses is encouraged as well as getting the bonus standing after you have failed one bounty. Perhaps the standing bonus should be made more "celebrated", no need to increase the reward, but to put emphasis on that you did indeed get a bonus for completing the bonus objective. 

They should really have a look at bugs, though.

There's already a reward for each bonus achieved.  That stage grants more Standing/Mother Tokens.  That said, it would be nice to be able to get extra rewards from the lower stages as the extra reward at the end isn't always from a pool I'm trying to farm.  For example, if doing the second Cambion Drift bounty for Scintillant then the bonuses aren't important as the final stage & thus bonus reward can't drop Scintillant.

13 minutes ago, Katinka said:

There's already a reward for each bonus achieved.  That stage grants more Standing/Mother Tokens.  That said, it would be nice to be able to get extra rewards from the lower stages as the extra reward at the end isn't always from a pool I'm trying to farm.  For example, if doing the second Cambion Drift bounty for Scintillant then the bonuses aren't important as the final stage & thus bonus reward can't drop Scintillant.

I've seen many posts suggesting scintillant is still bugged. Do you have examples of other places where you would want this, since scintillant is quite an outlier.

39 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

I've seen many posts suggesting scintillant is still bugged. Do you have examples of other places where you would want this, since scintillant is quite an outlier.

Personally I'm actually fine for Scintillant as I spent some time speed running the second bounty, ignoring bonus challenges.  I used it as an example because I know it is still desired and is a "common" item for that Bounty thus impossible to get as the end of Bounty reward for all bonuses.  I could just as easily have used Lenses as the example but I don't think as many people currently desire them as strongly.

13 hours ago, Katinka said:

I used it as an example because I know it is still desired and is a "common" item for that Bounty thus impossible to get as the end of Bounty reward for all bonuses.

How about this idea?

Instead of instantly receiving another reward for the bonus of each stage, it is rolled, but not given instantly. At the end of the bounty when you get the bonus reward(after getting all bonuses) you have the option to select from all the rolls for each stage, a screen similar to relic screen can show up. So, lets say you do the first bounty. If you get all 3 bonus objectives a screen will pop up allowing you to select between 3 bonus rewards. First roll is from the common table, 2nd from common and uncommon and 3rd from uncommon and rare.

It can stick to this table, rolling 1 bonus reward for each bonus objective, which the players can then select between.
This wont increase the amount of rewards you get, but make it significantly more likely that you get what you want.

3-Stage Bounty 4-Stage Bounty 5-Stage Bounty
  • Stage 1: Common
  • Stage 2: Common, Uncommon
  • Stage 3: Uncommon, Rare

• Stage 3: Common, Uncommon
  • Stage 4: Uncommon, Rare
  • Stage 3: Common, Uncommon
  • Stage 4: Common, Uncommon, Rare