Are slashing/heat procs' damage effected by armor?

EiraRozen

Question

I know true damage. which slashing procs deal, ignores armor. However I also know that the damage is based on damage dealt. The wiki article on Slash Damage isn't completely clear on this. At least not to me. From what I've seen (Grineer dying 1 second after I hit them), it seems like this is the case, but I'm just not sure.

Also, what about Heat? I assume the damage ticks themselves are effect, but what about the initial damage that procs them?

7 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, EiraRozen said:

Right. Thanks. Could you also weight in on my Heat proc question?

Heat Proc is the same.  Armor doesn't matter to the initial calculation,  but does when the damage is applied.  It's different from slash procs in that heat mods are applied in the calculation.   It's also different from slash in that all stacked procs combine into one huge proc instead of applying separately and falling off. 

4 hours ago, Srovy said:

Heat damage and procs are affected by armor damage reduction however heat procs will reduce enemy armor by 50% while they are burning.

Slash damage is affected by armor, however slash proc (bleed) damage and damage calculation is not affected by armor 

What I mean is in the damage formula. Basically, I'm asking if armor "double dips" in that it is applied twice, both when calculating the tick damage and then when the tick is dealt. Put another way, is armor applied at the end of the proc calculation only?

Another way is "Are the damage tick's calculated based on theoretical damage or the damage that is actually dealt".

Yet another way: Are the calculated damage ticks (before the ticks actually deal damage) dependent on the enemy they are being applied to (save for faction mods).

Sorry, but I've hardly slept the last few days so you may be making perfect sense, but to me it sounds like you are misunderstanding me.

4 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Except it isn't, for Slash procs. That's kinda the whole reason why Slash procs are OP.

It's simply the base damage (plus Base Damage / Crit Mods) of the weapon that determines the Slash proc strength,
no matter how much Slash damage (if any, lol Hunter Munitions / forced procs from Stances) your weapon actually dealt to the enemy.

So to rephrase what you said, only the theoretical slashing damage (before "elemental" slashing mods) matters and this is independent of the enemy being effected (unless a faction mod is involved). Correct?

Sorry, but I've hardly slept the last few days so you may be making perfect sense, so I feel the need to clarify.

18 hours ago, EiraRozen said:

What I mean is in the damage formula. Basically, I'm asking if armor "double dips" in that it is applied twice, both when calculating the tick damage and then when the tick is dealt. Put another way, is armor applied at the end of the proc calculation only?

Armor isnt taken into account when calculating proc damage since it's not the hit damage that is used for proc calculation only the weapon damage. so no armor will not double dip (and neither will armor/health type resistances)

Heat damage and procs are affected by armor damage reduction however heat procs will reduce enemy armor by 50% while they are burning.

Slash damage is affected by armor, however slash proc (bleed) damage and damage calculation is not affected by armor 

13 minutes ago, EiraRozen said:

So to rephrase what you said, only the theoretical slashing damage (before "elemental" slashing mods) matters and this is independent of the enemy being effected (unless a faction mod is involved). Correct?

It's total modded base damage,  not just slash.    It's 35% of total modded base damage.  So if you have a weapon that does 99 puncture and 1 slash,  it will cause 35 damage per tic on a slash proc.    Add a +100%  damage mod to it and it becomes 70 per tick.  A 2x crit bous makes that 140 on a crit.   And a +50% faction damage would be applied twice,  making it 315 per tick. 

7 minutes ago, hyzmarca said:

It's total modded base damage,  not just slash.    It's 35% of total modded base damage.  So if you have a weapon that does 99 puncture and 1 slash,  it will cause 35 damage per tic on a slash proc.    Add a +100%  damage mod to it and it becomes 70 per tick.  A 2x crit bous makes that 140 on a crit.   And a +50% faction damage would be applied twice,  making it 315 per tick. 

Right. Thanks. Could you also weight in on my Heat proc question?

48 minutes ago, EiraRozen said:

I also know that the damage is based on damage dealt

Except it isn't, for Slash procs. That's kinda the whole reason why Slash procs are OP.

It's simply the base damage (plus Base Damage / Crit Mods) of the weapon that determines the Slash proc strength,
no matter how much Slash damage (if any, lol Hunter Munitions / forced procs from Stances) your weapon actually dealt to the enemy.

Archived