Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The stealth in this game is really ultra late, it needs a big update or a complete delete.

Nikotikcho

Stealth is just invisibility and silent weapons in this game and nothing else, I don't know if they have stopped working on the basic interacts in this game or if they can't make it good but in both cases it's a joke to talk about ninjas in this game when the stealth system is absolute trash. 

Sadly DE has been stuck on appealing to the Diablo crowd of "press 1 button and get rewards" type of gameplay so anything more subtle than that is very unlikely.

They never even addressed the insane enemy detection ranges that popped up a while ago.

What's worse is people will just say "Just use Ivara/Loki/Octavia if you want to stealth" further playing into that "1 button to ignore gamplay" problem.

47 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Sadly DE has been stuck on appealing to the Diablo crowd of "press 1 button and get rewards" type of gameplay so anything more subtle than that is very unlikely.

They never even addressed the insane enemy detection ranges that popped up a while ago.

What's worse is people will just say "Just use Ivara/Loki/Octavia if you want to stealth" further playing into that "1 button to ignore gamplay" problem.

I agree. The problem with Stealth gameplay is two fold imo. One, theres a very narrow range of gear that either lets you cheese stealth or doesnt do stealth well. Two, the missions and scenarios where stealth benefits most dont really reward you for being good at stealth beyond an affinity bonus. For instance it'd be nice if completing any mission objective undetected awarded you boosters the same way void fissure missions do. 

let's be honest, stealth in warframe is a lost cause.

10 hours ago, Amoral_Support said:

... For instance it'd be nice if completing any mission objective undetected awarded you boosters the same way void fissure missions do. 

they kinda tried. we can see that in some smaller stuff like simaris scans, stealth scans gives you extra points. but of course, people just use ivara and be done with it.

i'm a new player who haven't made ivara/loki/ash, but from my experience with stealth by using itzal & wukong's passive, yeah stealth is a lost cause. you can still whack away and the enemies won't do anything is a big hint.

I think Warframe is a bit too fast paced for the full on stealth mechanics you'd see in a stealth genre title. But, I do feel stealth needs to be improved on. I find stealth missions pretty fun, but I don't do them often because I don't have much justification to play them that way when I can just run through it(new spy missions are always nice and do make me slow down a bit though). 

Archived