Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this a concept in game any longer?

kwlingo

If I scratch your back, you scratch my back?

Does this still exist in Veteran Warframe players? In my years of Warframe there has always been small conflicts of interest but nothing really irritated more than today.

Joining a public HoD Vault run, everything was going fine. My purpose was to do vault runs while collecting loot with Nekros for Mutagen Samples for Hema and the new infested weapons with Arcana update. After a few vault runs everyone got the no menu screen while the host was able to get their menu screen back after dying from the enemies. So we just had him force start up from his screen on the next vault runs. We did 1 hr of vault runs and I was trying to get back to farm some of the new fish for the resources to craft one of the new weapons.

As I was not able to enter my menu screen and leave group I had asked if one of them can help come to extraction to help trigger my timer count down for extraction. No one did. Most of these were players with over 2,000 hrs in game. The host said to come help finish the run and then they can help me extract. So I ran back into the vault to help finish the vault. No problem. But after we finished that vault run the Host force started the next vault run. As I said I need to extract to farm some of my other things.

Host told me why didn't you just go solo. During this entire 1hr session I had no issues doing anything with them and all of a sudden when I wanted to extract they told me to go solo because I had the "no menu bug?" I ask, if one of them could just trigger the timer count down and they can run back into Deimos to do more vaults without having to wait for the 60 second timer to reach 0 for extraction. But still none of them were willing to care to help after we had already done the runs for over 1 hr. They even told me, "I do what I want." While the last vault run the host spent the entire time arguing in chat trying to justify his actions are correct instead of even contributing to help in the vault run or me extract. I stated, "This whole time you were just in chat could have already help me extract." But he didn't care, coming up with another excuse to blame me for joining a public team.

Im not sure what the mentality of the these veterans are these days but for me if someone has been helping in the mission for over 1hr and needed a quick tap to extract from mission, I don't see any harm in helping others out. Even if a player doesn't help me, a quick run to trigger a count down has never hurt my progression in game. To me too many players are extremely toxic these days and expect you to help them but when asked to do a small favor, act as if that's out of their reach.

In all honestly just seems to me they were brought up improperly and don't understand common courtesy these days.

DE please fix this "No Menu" screen ASAP because Im sure Im not the only player going through this in public teams as well.

hace 29 minutos, Monolake dijo:

you can break connection to force host migration and 'leave' the squad

This has a risk, sometimes can return you to the main menu or even tell you that the connection was lost and close your session loosing all you got. Just a little warning, is the better choice in a situation like this but has a chance to make things worse.

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

I had asked if one of them can help come to extraction to help trigger my timer count down for extraction.

The problem is that open worlds have no individual extraction similar to endless missions. If one of them were to start the timer for you all of them would have been forced to extract. And by the sound of it they didn't want to extract.

One tip I got when the menu bug happened to me was to use chat to access someone's profile, which should allow you to interact with the leave squad button. This bug definitely needs looking at, and individual extraction definitely needs to be implemented.

I will admit that I did not thoroughly read through all you have written, but from what I have skimmed this seems to mainly be a misunderstanding with the other players perhaps being a bit harsh. Working off of your side of it, it does seem like they were acting a bit strange autostarting the mission, but that seems to just be how some people are. (Ran into an MR 4 that kept autostarting an invasion earlier today) We obviously expect more from people who have played longer, but sadly that doesn't mean much.

As mentioned above if they wanted to stay in the mission they couldn't really help you extract. So the comments of going solo could be that the person didn't know/understand that based on your knowledge at the time you could not leave the squad and thus might've been trying to suggest that. The I do what I want comment could've been referring to the player wanting to stay in the mission and your request would hinder that.

So, I can possibly see reasons behind their actions if there's a bit if an understanding barrier, but this is when giving the benefit of the doubt, they might've just been rude too.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Don't blame vets

Yeah, most of the time they've been with the game for long, so they want others to enjoy it as much as they have.

The worst I see from "vets" are the elitist ones that complain about the way you do something yet won't give the time to explain how to improve. These are rare occasions, though. 

Players are going to be selfish, and DE makes it worse by making you reliant on selfish ppl and stacking incentives for them to abuse you. Ideally they'd keep an ally to perform their task, but they can't get a new player once some objectives are finished. They also don't want to stop what they're doing... And normally they're expect you to force yourself into host migration than extract, which you can't do if your menu is broken. 

Extraction on all modes should be accessible. Nobody wants the host to jump ship and crash other players instance, but there should be more active extraction method that are completely independent, not group extraction activation or migration work arounds.

DE needs to correct these error escalations in general though, if they are going to have modular open worlds with repeatable bounties, it needs to be stable. Otherwise you are gambling all that you've gained for each extension. Not even being able to abort mission and terminate the program internally is unacceptable, and you should not be slaved to another player in a run on mission. 

This is more of an ethical programming failure rather than a gameplay issue. Nobody should have their computer compromised by a random person on the internet. 

Archived