Secondary fire with Xoris doesn't work

Question

Hi, 

I've been playing Warframe for a few months on a mac - I used bootcamp to install windows on it, and so far everything's been running fine. 

I finally got around to completing the Deadlock Protocol, but I'm unable to make my Xoris explode. I can throw it by pressing down on the E key, but it won't explode when I press on that key again when it's in mid-air. I've tried different stances, no stances and customizing key bindings but nothing works, and I can't finish the quest. 

Any ideas on what I could do to fix it?

8 answers to this question

if you have a primary or have it directly equipped Eing while in travel makes the glaive just come back prematurely. you gotta middle click to explode it on toss. UNLESS you're dualwield secondary + glaive. then the explode key becomes E. Only because exploding button normally on middle click gets consumed by alt fire for the secondary if it has one. it's kinda weird, but just a glaive rework nuance.

Edited by Darkmega18

The problem is that I can't manage to use heavy attacks - I'm using a mac, so I have no middle click, just a trackpad on which one finger usually means first click and 2 means second click (but windows doesn't use that so I had to customize my key bindings, otherwise I couldn't shoot and aim at the same time). Without editing the keys though, I'm able to throw the xoris by holding down E, no matter what I've equipped along with it. I just can't make it explode 

16 hours ago, Darkmega18 said:

if you have a primary or have it directly equipped Eing while in travel makes the glaive just come back prematurely. you gotta middle click to explode it on toss. UNLESS you're dualwield secondary + glaive. then the explode key becomes E. Only because exploding button normally on middle click gets consumed by alt fire for the secondary if it has one. it's kinda weird, but just a glaive rework nuance.

It doesn't come back too fast, I have the time to press on E while its flying, but that just does nothing, even when I have another weapon equipped that has an alternate fire. 

On 2020-11-23 at 9:37 PM, HyperSphere5D said:

Hi, 

I've been playing Warframe for a few months on a mac - I used bootcamp to install windows on it, and so far everything's been running fine. 

I finally got around to completing the Deadlock Protocol, but I'm unable to make my Xoris explode. I can throw it by pressing down on the E key, but it won't explode when I press on that key again when it's in mid-air. I've tried different stances, no stances and customizing key bindings but nothing works, and I can't finish the quest. 

Any ideas on what I could do to fix it?

Related to this from the latest patch notes?

Fixed the final mission on The Deadlock Protocol Quest not being completable (the boss fight with Protea). 

On 2020-11-24 at 9:29 PM, HyperSphere5D said:

The problem is that I can't manage to use heavy attacks - I'm using a mac, so I have no middle click, just a trackpad on which one finger usually means first click and 2 means second click (but windows doesn't use that so I had to customize my key bindings, otherwise I couldn't shoot and aim at the same time). Without editing the keys though, I'm able to throw the xoris by holding down E, no matter what I've equipped along with it. I just can't make it explode 

It doesn't come back too fast, I have the time to press on E while its flying, but that just does nothing, even when I have another weapon equipped that has an alternate fire. 

What button do you use for secondary fire on your guns/heavy attack for other melee weapons? Do you have any other glaives to test heavy attack explosions? There are two ways to do that.

1. No single handed secondary equipped. Press melee to slice once and switch to quick melee mode then press secondary attack once to throw and second time to explode. 

2. Single handed secondary+glaive. Hold melee to throw then press melee to explode. 

Performing this test with other glaive could answer the questions whether it's Xoris bug, all glaives, your keybinds, or Warframe.