Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.3

[DE]Megan

Is there any discussion being made into allowing teammates to not have headshots interfered with by void procs?

I feel like if I want to use Xata's Whisper in a group and I'm not only going for headshots I'm accidentally trolling the team or some teammates who are going for them may not like it.

https://imgur.com/a/gLASFXC

DE as you can see the Ironbride is having the same glitch as the Arquebex before it. It appears in other missions, in this case ESO, as having gained experience when it was never used. In fact in ESO the gear wheel is entirely disabled, the necramech couldn't even be summoned here regardless if mechs were usable outside of open-world zones. For this glitch it appears to rank up in this screen but the experience points are false and do not apply. I'm not saying that's the problem, they shouldn't apply, just take the Necramech ultimates off the experience screen when they are not applicable. This will occur until the Ironbride is genuinely max level, same way it happened with the Arquebex.

The picture has been modified to hide the identities of other players, I do not post any form of identifying content without their permission.

BONEWIDOWS MOVESET IS VERY BUGGED

Ok, so I've been levelling bonewidow and I've noticed a ton of moveset issues. Most of the issues come from the special shield moveset. 

1. Ironbride is unusable. Once it's activated, bonewidow is completely locked out of most animations except for basic movement.

2. Once the animations are locked there is only one way to fix them. Activating the shield again fixes the moveset.

3. This means that if you lose your shield in the middle of using ironbride, all of your animations will suddenly lock up.

These forum replies are so bloated with whiny babies I doubt anyone at DE will even read this. But this is an actual bug which makes bonewidow incredibly annoying to use.

22 hours ago, brunoswaag04 said:

it barely makes a difference, but volatile quick return's explosion doesn't do basically any damage. the change wouldn't matter if they fixed that.

Im not talking about the Explosion dmg, im talking about the blast radius since it's very noticable especially in Maps like Deimos when doing Vaults.

Damage is nice when build properly. I can spam throw attack all time and kill stuff... But you really feel the difference between the just inc 3m radius and how it was before :/

23 minutes ago, tryptogram said:

BONEWIDOWS MOVESET IS VERY BUGGED

Ok, so I've been levelling bonewidow and I've noticed a ton of moveset issues. Most of the issues come from the special shield moveset. 

1. Ironbride is unusable. Once it's activated, bonewidow is completely locked out of most animations except for basic movement.

2. Once the animations are locked there is only one way to fix them. Activating the shield again fixes the moveset.

3. This means that if you lose your shield in the middle of using ironbride, all of your animations will suddenly lock up.

These forum replies are so bloated with whiny babies I doubt anyone at DE will even read this. But this is an actual bug which makes bonewidow incredibly annoying to use.

I saw a couple more posts about this.

I think the left hand moveset of bonewidow conflicts with ironbride. Either using meat hook or shield maiden is a left hand ability and both of those fix ironbride's moveset

Hope this helps!

vor 22 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:
  • Changed the default Necramech ramming and hovering controller bindings to crouch for ramming, and aim for hovering. 

• Player feedback provided insight that pressing and holding hover with the controller removed the ability to aim with the right stick. This issue made air combat difficult on controllers and restricted Necramech gameplay to be on the ground. Please let us know how this change feels!

It feels absolutely bad, ill and very much unfair as well as disappointing...

Coming up with changes like this after 2 month of having necramechs implemented and then the only solution is to duck over key-board-players by changing the settings they got used to. If you implement something like this make it an option for people to now be able to set these controlls to another key or at the very least give players the option to DUCKING REVERSE IT.

This is costumer handling 101 and you just went against it and by this you went against a major part your playerbase.

Thank you...

23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed self damage from Orvius charged projectile.

Can we get some more love for the Orvius? It's suspension mechanic would be great for isolating heavy units while you clear up the trash around them, but its duration and damage/status output is too low to seriously debuff/diminish the threat a heavy unit presents. The cold proc on explosion also doesn't feel significant in terms of CC, since it doesn't add a ton of cold stacks or last all that long.

Other than that, I've been having a good time with this patch - I just wish my Orvius was better than it is right now, since its unique mechanic isn't really usable except against light units.

On 2020-11-23 at 11:24 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Changed the default Necramech ramming and hovering controller bindings to crouch for ramming, and aim for hovering.

This changed hovering on mouse & keyboard to Right Mouse Button.

Can it be reverted? It's very impractical.

So today I pulled Bonewidow out of my foundry. I know I heard from youtubers and others that Bonewidow was bad. 
I am here to tell you that bad is an understatement. Bonewidow needs a complete rework. Why do you ask? Well lets break it down. First lets start on the major issues:
1. The exalted weapon. The stats alone set up a weapon to be very strong. What holds Ironbride back heavily is the fact that archmelee mods are garbage. Do not believe me? Well take a look at normal Fury that gives 30% attack speed, Primed Fury gives 55% attack speed. What does the Archwing variant give? Furor at base gives 2.5% attack speed all the way up to a whopping 10% attack speed. There is no Berserk mod for archmelee and the attack speed mod on necramech does not affect the exalted weapon. So even though this weapon has nice stats as an exalted weapon, it is simply way too slow. I have melee weapons that attack faster than Ironbride (no riven btw) and can do more damage or close to the damage or Ironbride. I am pretty sure other warframe exalted weapons deal more damage and attack 6x as fast. 

2. Bonewidow's kit aka her abilities. What can I say they are horrible. The first ability, Meathook, doesnt do damage. I have launched infested enemies at each other to see zeroes pop up. Zero means, no damage, no damage means, it was a waste, and a waste means it shouldnt be on her bar. Shield Maiden is the second ability. I cannot tell what the hell this ability is doing for me. It feels as if I went to a paintball match with a buckler on my arm and said shoot me and every kid lit me up like it was target practice. Needless to say, it takes damage and does not block damage unless its going straight for the shield, the shield does not move, the projectile has no punch through or aoe, and finally the shield cannot be buggy and has to work for those few seconds. The shield goes up and I aim myself at the group of enemies to block incoming fire and I still get hit like a truck. I wish I didnt have a cardboard shield or one that was as tiny as a buckler. Firing Line, her 3rd ability. Allow me to say this plainly. Apparently, DE thought a 3 second line em up ability that cost 50 energy would be useful to us. It takes 3 seconds to line up the enemy. Your shield is moved away from you and you slowly ushering kids to line up single file so you can go to recess. It takes forever, enemies attack you still and because your shield is out of the way or in reality does not exist they hit you. Amazingly,  DE thought a buff to this ability would be to decrease the energy cost on it from 75 to 50 but I am no expert game engineer person, but that is garbage. Maybe replace it with an earth quake slam or something I do not know. It is a melee focused Necramech not the preschool teacher's assistant. I already covered her 4th ability.

3. Landing Lag? I am not able to record footage so I just swapped back and forth between Voidrig and Bonewidow for this one. Landing lag is the recovery time from when you land on the ground after your jump to when you are able to move again. Somehow Bonewidow has more landing lag than Voidrig which does not make any sense. A melee focused Necramech that cannot even jump in and go berserk. Nahhh grandpa forgot his medication so it takes an eternity to stand up. Good luck surviving if you plan on going in with Ironbride, it will take you an eternity just to pull up your cardboard buckler before you can actually take a swing at the enemy. By the time you have done that, some other person in your squad already took that kill and the next 8 kills. 
4. AOE slam range. I am slamming a giant sword into the ground, not a fork for a tenno. Unless you heavy slam (which is the same range of a warframe heavy slam) that will take you till the end of time to stand up and your damage does nothing. 

5. Bugs. There is a bug I have encountered that prevents the player from using some of their keys. Usually it is just their esc key but I have noticed for some players that happen to be playing Bonewidow, it happens to include their E key which means no melee attack. That needs to be looked into. 

6. Output damage. Let us compare Bonewidow output damage over 15 seconds compared to Voidrig. Voidrig is a ranged necramech with artillery cannons that pump out tons of damage in an area. Bonewidow can do good damage, just takes a while to get over to the enemy, swing at them, recover from the swing, run over to another enemy, swing, recover from the swing.... you get the point, Bonewidow cannot compare to the damage output that Voidrig can do. 

Should Bonewidow be buffed beyond all hell? NO! Should Bonewidow be buffed and reworked? Yes, I do believe Bonewidow should be buffed. I do not believe Bonewidow should be buffed beyond all hell. I think smoothing out Bonewidow's kit will greatly aid bonewidow. Buffing attack speed and decreasing landing lag will allow Bonewidow to be a berserk Necramech which is what Bonewidow should be. Out of her 3 abilities (excluding the exalted melee), I would remove her Firing Line. It simply does not fit with her kit. It is pitiful at best and does not do anything. Swap it for something. Take out this clunky slowness. Bonewidow as an armored berserking necramech will give her a new play style to work with. Simply copy pasting the necramechs to have similare abilities does not work. Look at warframes, you see people swapping out abilities they do not like or that do not feel good. Necramechs cannot do that hence the necessity of needing a kit that is usable. Any useless abilities already weigh it down. 
Let us see some changes and let us see Bonewidow go from; I would rather not touch necramech to, hmmm Bonewidow is not bad but is actually pretty fun.

4 minutes ago, Nakirii_ said:

Why are we still not able to do the new bounties without first doing the 3 Iso Vaults when the new bounties are just reused from the normal Deimos bounties?

You should only have to do one iso vault and don't even have to open the vault (Last I tried that's what I did). It's to unlock the area for the bounty. 

i personally hate the whole right click to hover thing i liked holding space to hover it was easy because when you jumped with space to convert into hovering you would just not take your thumb of the space bar but now we have to hold right click instead  which i just dont like but everything else is great keep it up  

First, why is an infested K-drive a thing when Deimos' main selling point was the bugs you can ride? 

Second, when will you fix the abismal scintillant drops? It is laughable that a COMMON DROP is rarer than the actual rare drop. And one? Just one? Give at least a bundle of 3 maybe 5 for God's sake... increasing the grind much? OR and this is a crazy idea, just like wisps on the plains, make them spawn somewhere, like in caves or the undergroud areas without having to do vault bounties.

Archived