Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.3

Awesome! STILL can't use my melee in archwing on controller for PC. Suggestion: Remove the custom controller tab for LUNARO and make it strictly for setting button for Archwing. Since you know there are even LESS players using that game mode than actual people playing on controller on PC. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

While in the grand scheme of things it may be a small thing, the necramech aiming bind hover on keyboards is pretty bad at the moment in my opinion. It was much more comfortable when the jump bind was to be held. Any plans to change this back on keyboards perhaps? One more problem I had with the new bounties is the one with the throwable where you have to be efficient with enemies. 1-2 people is fine, 3+ it gets hard because enemies don't spawn properly sometimes or companions get in the way. Here's where companion commands would come in handy! Other than that everything looks pretty good, going in the right direction, thanks folks^^

Edited by Malkiur
  • Like 3

Yeah, I will just go out and agree with everyone saying the new Necramech binding on keyboard are awful, hold jump to hover felt very natural, it's how a lot of games do hovering mechanics and I think I had that instinctively figured out pretty easily as a result, while RMB to hover just takes away from it, and as others pointed out, actively harms the use of powerful mods like Critical Focus.

• Like 4

Problem with  dont find rare Scintillant  in area  on new  Bounties Infested Research

I find rare Scintillant 3 or 4 on spot

use two bossters

Example 1: My friend is  host .Complete all /restart bounties again and again  and see /get  Scintillant but i dont see .He play with Rhino .I use khora

For 3h  get around 40 have total around 103  ,i total 29 (more from rewards  )

Example 2: Im host  .He play with mе and get more from me.

Have bug in stuck  Polyp-Hog Juggernaut ,and misions with key-for yellow holes (emitt...)

When play  two players on this mission make bug when use voidrig or  dash operator and use key with warframe kill enemies

and stuck  time again for give key  

Edited by BDT_Flames
22 minutes ago, BDT_Flames said:

Problem with  find rare Scintillant  in area  on new  Bounties Infested Research

I find rare Scintillant 3 or 4 on spot

use two bossters

Example 1: My friend is  host .Complete all /restart bounties again and again  and see /get  Scintillant but i dont see .He play with Rhino .I use khora

For 3h  get around 40 have total around 103  ,i total 29 (more from rewards  )

Example 2: Im host  .He play with mе get more from me.

Have bug in stuck  Polyp-Hog Juggernaut ,and misions with key-for yellow holes (emitt...)

When play  two players on this mission make bug when use voidrig or  dash operator and use key with warframe kill enemies

and stuck  time again for give key  

Care to repeat that in actual english?

On 2020-11-23 at 6:27 PM, Timothy_Mark said:

thats awesome and all but i do wish that bonewidow got buffed, like the archmelee still feels weak and her shield just does little to no protection, heck voidrig has more tankyness than her, so theres that.

Yeah. You CAN heal her using the Operator's void-dash if you have the right skill unlocked, but even that bugs sometimes.
Not useful for immediate and heavy combat, but it's gud for long-haul play with the mech.

But yeah... Had an issue halfway through a mission where my Operator just couldn't void-dash.
Instead, when crouching and trying to do so, she'd just exit the crouching void state and leap normally.

That aside, I still have an issue where Bonewidow summons her sword, but can't swing it. Sometimes it can be 'fixed' by shield-bashing a few times (since the shield-bash and sword melee have different bindings), but when the shield is broken and on cooldown there's not much to do about it.

• Like 2

The change of Orbiter cockpit interior was badly implemented.

Now some of my decorations are stuck inside some of the new tubes near the cockpit window. I can't grab them to place them somewhere else. They are just stuck.

Also: Why making the room smaller? Now there are even less places to place deco. You want us to buy less deco now?

Update by update, Since Deimos, openworld performance has been dropping like a rock on classic renderer.

I used to be able to play in Orb Vallis just fine, but now it's completely intolerable even when using 75% scaling (as opposed to full)

So....I think I finally have it, 3 forma into Bonewidow.  Its about 30% feature complete with many bugs.  Let me take a whack at this, and see if we cannot patch this mess up.

So...first issue is polarities.  There are none to begin with...and that is idiotic.  12 slots....that just means it'll literally be about 8 forma before you can even put something into every mod slot.  That's immensely stupid.  Voidrig had 3....and Bonewidow should match that.  If the goal is to truly be a melee focused build it should be two D's and a - polarity.  The D's give us some survivability, while the dash provides either survival or speed.

Now....the abilities suck.  You need to get them to actually work....but let's discuss this like everything is working.  

1) Meathook needs to be a Garuda style health regeneration.  This rewards aggressive behavior, and would effectively give us a reason to close the distance.  This will have a counter-point against the Shield Maiden ability, where you actively choose to either defend from a distance or close the gap and slaughter.

2) Shield Maiden needs to work.  Somehow this looks like the shield that Grineer use....but since this is a horde shooter it's effectively useless by sheer enemy volume.  The solution here is to give is something similar to Zephyr's turbulence, where there's an effective deflection radius linked to power strength.  This forces a dichotomy of play between using guns, or closing the distance but requiring health replenishment.

3) Turd.  I'm not even going to dignify this mess with a name.  So we are clear, instead of lining up enemies this needs to be a leaping attack.  Instantly close the distance, grab an enemy for health regen, then use your exalted melee to carve into enemies.  How a slow and awkward mess was decided upon instead of a simple mobility option is absolutely baffling.  If you want an in-game parallel look at any of the larger Raknoids, and copy paste that behavior.

4) Iron Bride is....look, we know you don't want to be sued by an old British metal band...but this is just silly.  Two names shamelessly cribbed, then changed just enough to not be infringing.  What you need instead of this mess is either an empowered melee weapon (unlikely given the animations), or something that absolutely breaks the mold for archwing weapons.  What we have now cannot be modded well...meaning it's power locked....and it's not insanely powerful like Voidrig's.  Voidrig's exalted weapon literally makes high level play viable with a gun simply by having stupid high numbers.  I'd hazzard that you cannot be made to give up on the weapon, so let's increase the speed by about 60% and the range needs to almost double.  This would effectively make it better than standard melee weapons, but only just so.  Remember that no scaling mods exist, so even with such a boost the ability will not scale.

So....I hate Bonewidow.  I cannot believe this mess got past testing, given that it's a melee focused mech whose melee combat sucks.  It is less than Voidrig in every single way.  It's less survivable, as the shield power is inconsistent.  It's less damaging, as abilities and equipment are either shared or worse.  It's less powerful, as you have 3 less polarities to work with.  Finally, it's less fun.  That's not an objective measure, but barely being able to survive through 3 point captures on Orb Vallis because only one ability is useful in any way is just frustrating.  I'm not going to sell it, but Bonewidow is not going to be used on any of my builds after I slap the minimum 5 forma onto it.

Now, as a tangent let's talk about the other stuff.

Bubonico is stupid...and I like it.  The ammo economy is bad, but a continuous pellet shotgun with a blast radius secondary is good fun.  It's got garbage performance, but again it's just genuine fun.

Catabolyst is a problem.  It's a problem because even after maxing it I'm left wondering exactly who play tested this.  I have a self staggering grenade, that very often prevents the reload animation from completing.  This forces an animation restart, producing another grenade, leading to another stagger.  Wash-rinse-repeat.  This is frustrating....and is unlikely to be the intended progression.

The infested k-drive....ooof.   It looks cool, until you actually use it.  The board doesn't seem to animate properly.  I do a flip, and the board remains horizontal while a second phantom board moves with me.  This is really not done yet....and the inability to have more than one board's blue prints is a damper on wanting to get additional pieces to complete the collection for future construction.

Sporothrix, Arnum Spinosa, and Morgha.  LET US CHOOSE A TIERED ISOLATION BOUNTY FROM THE WORD GO!  This capitalization is frustration, because to get these parts you grind a tier 1, grind a tier 2, grind the tier 3, and finally get a chance to grind the tier 3 clean-up.  That's about 20-30 minutes, before you can even begin grinding for the parts.  That of course also disregards the run to the surface, bounty start, run back to the vault, and repeat of the same bounties as on the surface with mostly bad rewards.  Yeah...wish I could experience this content but 1.75 hours of solo grinding tier 1 bounties was absolutely not rewarding.  I'm not broaching these abortions until they're less painful than a root-canal.

Finally....stability as a whole.  You promised 4 frames this year.  You're already hyping queenpins....and maybe railjack 0.99.  I say 0.99 because without all the basic features it's still a buggy less than 1.0 release.  I'll gladly listen to you tell me that Lavos and Wraith are next year's content.  In exchange, I want to hear you promise to provide more stability, and see it in-game.  Right now Deimos is screwing up everything else.  That's Nightwave content, Fortuna stability, and most importantly for a game having any fun.  It's hard to quantify fun, but it's not hard to see when fun dies.  My qualification is when you manage to "fix" things and break more than you add....and it's been years since a release has felt feature complete in a month if it ever does.  

• Like 3
On 2020-11-25 at 7:59 AM, elwillisjr41 said:

Awesome! STILL can't use my melee in archwing on controller for PC. Suggestion: Remove the custom controller tab for LUNARO and make it strictly for setting button for Archwing. Since you know there are even LESS players using that game mode than actual people playing on controller on PC. Just a thought. 

OR just let us REMOVE the ABILITY MENU and REPLACE it with ACTIVATE SELECTED POWER. If I have done everything in my power to disable the ability menu, WHY IS IS PERMANENTLY BOUND.

I stopped playing shortly after Diemos dropped, and this was one of the reasons. I can't do any under water missions on Uranus, I can't do Archwing, which makes Railjack difficult, and I have to get around on open worlds with the K-Drive because I CANT USE ARCHWING. MELEE WAS THE EXIT BUTTON, I NOW HAVE NO EXIT BUTTON.

" Ability Menu "

For anyone who comes across this who uses a controller, and is having an issue with the fact you can not directly unbind the Ability Menu, go to you normal controls section, and rebind "Activate Selected Power".

This will in-directly unbind Ability Menu from the Ability Menu section, and solve all of your archwing problems.

Edited by ZurekMorraff
On 2020-11-23 at 5:24 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Changed the default Necramech ramming and hovering controller bindings to crouch for ramming, and aim for hovering. 

• Player feedback provided insight that pressing and holding hover with the controller removed the ability to aim with the right stick. This issue made air combat difficult on controllers and restricted Necramech gameplay to be on the ground. Please let us know how this change feels!

Since you asked.  It feels bad now, and can't aim while hovering with mouse and keyboard makes it clunkier to use.