Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.3

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, brunoswaag04 said:

I can barely even tell the difference, if you didn't tell me I probably wouldn't notice.

Simulacrum test
First day, radius were big enough to cover all 20 enemies in Ballroom Simulacrum

Now it only covers 2/3 at most!

Also the dmg seems to be slightly lower

I'm very, VERY disapointed... i don't even know why i still waste my money here...

... popping up RED TEXT 3 minutes prior to  launching a hotfix is simply not good enough - not anymore

considering how long isolation vaults take to even get to the bad parts , you have to inform your playerbase 1 hour in advance of an update 

you dont update right out of the blue > you know beforehand , so let us know too !!!

Hey, DE, you do realize you basically just gave everyone access to a whipclaw like weapon that takes less investment to get results out of while nerfing Whipclaw, right?

Worse yet, it's an entire weapon category, so you have different flavors you can choose from, unlike the one option Khora players get?

Is it because she's a loot frame now? I mean, you seem determined to keep Nekros and Hydroid mediocre, is there some unwritten rule that loot frames can't have strong abilities?

Why would anyone use Whipclaw over a glaive?

12 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Increased chance of rarer Nexifera:

• Common ~67%->56%

• Uncommon ~23%->28%

• Rare 10%->17%

• Only one Nexifera spawns at a time, and because they don't have Vome/Fass restrictions like some of the other animal variants this effectively diluted the table if you were hunting for a specific one. This will provide a bit more variety!

A note on the Nexifera, how does one get a perfect capture? It seems like simply hitting it at the top lowers the capture to "good".

16 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Infested Research Bounty Changes:

The Bonus condition of ‘Collect no more than 3 fluid sacs’ had the most common feedback of being too difficult when trying to reach 25 and 30 marked enemy kills using just 3 Fluid Sacs. We’ve made some changes to ease the general Bounty flow and also provide an improved opportunity to achieve the Bonus condition: 

• Increased Fluid Sac splash radius increased to 16m. 

• Increased enemy reinforcement density while holding a Fluid Sac.

• Reduced delay between reinforcements to 1s while holding a Fluid Sac for overall faster enemy spawning.

I'd wager the issue will persist, especially in groups where teammates don't know what to do. Simply put, the objective doesn't go well with the usual "kill everything that moves" philosophy.

Furthermore, may I ask why was it changed from 5 on the test cluster to 3?

7 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

LOS changes broke Khora

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

That's by design. DE specifically broke.. err I mean "changed" how Whipclaw works with Khora with last week's update. People have been flaming about it like crazy on the forums, YouTube, Reddit, etc.

"Added two brand new music pieces in Deimos!"
As in, go scan mandachord parts to get them in orbiter as well?

"Necramechs will now increase max level by 2 for each Forma applied, up to Rank 40!"
You say that as if it's a good thing. Please. This is so, so, so not fun. Not the part where it takes your formas and not the part where you need to re-level the item over and over again. I have a pair of suggestions, should you want to follow this most annoying trend: Lower the crafting time of the formas to ideally an hour or two, and lower the repeated grind for the "gildable" items. There is no fun in leveling an item SIX TIMES.

Other things of note:
End-of-mission screen is still godawful.
When logging back in, it turns out the changes I made (modding weapons, warframe switching etc) the last minutes before the hotfix dropped had been reverted. I'm not technological enough to say if it should be like that, but I cannot recall it from other hotfixes.

21 minutes ago, Domaik said:

This is not the right fix, this can now be used to get a better spawn rate to farm exp faster.

instead of simply increasing the number to 5 tries for the bonus you did this, now people will use it to get more exp on necramechs and such.

Instead of striking down these Affinity farms, why not make the Affinity gain for Necramechs better? Leveling Necramechs in the open worlds is largely inconsistent and slow. Without an Affinity Booster, it takes up to hours to fully level the mech. Since Deimos Arcana, you are required to rank it up to the additional max ranks for each Forma.

Besides, more Infested to hit with the sac also grants players the opportunity to use the Requiem Obelisks more to their advantage. I would rather leave it as it is with the Hotfix than take your "Less than 5 sacs" suggestion.

Fixing Orvius self-damage is a good first step, now either add the keybindings necessary to change Hold-to-Throw or remove it entirely. The amount of feedback suggesting as much has been very clear thus far, and it should not take much work to get it fixed or changed like it should have been in the first place. The other fixes are all very much appreciated and welcomed, and I apologize for my fixation on the issues that I am specifically facing.

6 minutes ago, brunoswaag04 said:

I can barely even tell the difference, if you didn't tell me I probably wouldn't notice.

It's definitely noticeable. I know why they did it, but it wasn't a simple matter of adjustment. They're being dishonest about their full intentions, they should either come out and admit that it was intended to nerf all glaives, not just a select few, or increase the radius increase to 4-5 which should put it roughly where it was for Glaives not named Xoris (which was the real outlier here).

27 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Could it might be possible to make the new vault bounties accessible without the need of doing the "old" ones?
This series of bounties are kinda long and even if you skip some to do just specific vaults, you'll still need to do the "old" ones

if you only after something specific from the 'extra' missions, this isn't really so much longer at all. but ofc, it could do with some speedups like starting the extra mission right after the part were the mechs are diposed of. also, and i don't know if this was intended or not, it's possible to re-do the extra part(s) of the vaults... still, this need the vaults opened at least once...

Thank you! Please continue the fix!! But also, there is a major bug, I think, I'm not sure how to replicate and dunno where to post it... in Orb Vallis when I get out of the K-drive it happen a lot that I get out of the map, the floor, I think specially when I switch too fast from an archwing to a k-drive and get out of the k-drive... /unstuck wont work and its an endless loop. Impossible to get out of that when playing solo. In multi, other player can force you out to the exit for the return to Fortuna.

On an other matter, Affinity is lost for Necramech, when the player server is leaving the team or when the player is leaving the team.

Hope it help...

Thank you

30 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Multiplicative radius increase was increasing Glaives with a high base radius to higher than intended ranges.

Sometimes unintended values create unintended, but acceptable levels of fun. Thank you for clarifying exactly how much fun is permitted. 

28 minutes ago, Domaik said:

This is not the right fix, this can now be used to get a better spawn rate to farm exp faster.

instead of simply increasing the number to 5 tries for the bonus you did this, now people will use it to get more exp on necramechs and such.

wait what do you mean more XP? 

33 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Increased chance of rarer Nexifera:

• Common ~67%->56%

• Uncommon ~23%->28%

• Rare 10%->17%

• Only one Nexifera spawns at a time, and because they don't have Vome/Fass restrictions like some of the other animal variants this effectively diluted the table if you were hunting for a specific one. This will provide a bit more variety!

This wouldn't be as much of an issue if conservation Codex scans scaled on rarity like the fish in Plains of Eidolon do. 20 scans for every type of conservation animal is outrageous considering how tedious spawning them are. Additionally, Velocipods do not follow this trend and only require 5 scans. Why is this not applied to Nexifera?

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Separated Kitguns from the Primary/Secondary weapons in the Mastery breakdown into its own category.

• Kitguns moved from Secondary to Primary in Mastery breakdown in Deimos: Arcana -- since this might cause some confusion we decided to just have Kitgun Weapons in the Mastery breakdown. This also makes it clear you don't double dip!

Since Kitgun chamber gives mastery only once maybe it is good idea to have Kitguns (chambers) category in Profile Equipment too?  Also you could fix Voidrig Necramech being in both Warframe and Vehicles categories.

38 minutes ago, Domaik said:

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bad Domaik!

cat matilda GIF

19 minutes ago, 200BadlySpentPlatinum said:

Simulacrum test
First day, radius were big enough to cover all 20 enemies in Ballroom Simulacrum

Now it only covers 2/3 at most!

Also the dmg seems to be slightly lower

I'm very, VERY disapointed... i don't even know why i still waste my money here...

oh please. you are kidding yourself if you didnt see a fix for this coming a mile away.

be happy they havent khora"d it yet

So turns out Ash 4 didnt just get buffed at all, i mean yes sure his 4 got a nice change. But the cost for it is basically what makes him one of the funniest stealth frames to play:
His Invisibility
Let me explain it a lil bit. The most common approach for Ash with stealth is actually using the Arcane (Arcane Trickery: has 15% chance to proc on finishers and grants invisibility for 45secs[p.s. i also used it in combination with Arcane Ultimatum, which also procced on Finishers and grants bonus armor]), simply because the arcane is over 1.75x longer in duration than the Ash smoke screen ability (his 2) on 300% duration skill with its 24seconds. And even if one would go full duration, it would cost the strength wished for properly clearing rooms etc. So the question remain, why would the arcanes not work on the 4th ability Blade Storm anymore, even if you teleport with your 3 into the enemy masses and join the stabbing and slaughtering, it wont give a proc to either ultimatum (ultimatum has 100% on max lvl) or trickery (15% chance to proc).
Some people would now try to argue its an exalted weapon and thus should not be directly benefitting from arcanes or smth.
Its not an exalted weapon, because of several reasons.
1. Exalted weapons provide an extra mod section for this particular weapon itself, (e.g. Valkyr 4  exalted Talons, or Excaliburs 4 exalted Blade)
2. Ash 4 Bladestorm resembles more the shadow summoning of Nekros, and this ability isnt considered as exalted either.
3 Ash 4 Bladestorm isnt a weapon to begin with, since he creates shadow clones of himself.
So ye, would be nice to get some proper statement, on why the change hasnt been called out when the Frame tweaks that came with Deimos Arcana were announced
and why this ability would be considered as exalted weapon type.

5 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

oh please. you are kidding yourself if you didnt see a fix for this coming a mile away.

be happy they havent khora"d it yet

to hell with khora... i have glaives as my fav weapon since ever and just when it went to meta tier, they do that! shouldn't i be this pissed? tons of broken S#&$ in the game and "oh noooo this is too op!!!"

Archived