A New Warframe I'd Like To See

ShinyShaymin

A frame I'd like to see is an honest to goodness tank. No damage buffs, no reliance on crowd immobilizations, a way to play around nullifier bubbles, and increased team survivability due to the tank's persistent grit. I was thinking about damage interception as a core mechanic. Currently, to help your team survive, you CC the enemy or you play a burst-healing frame like Trinity. Damage resistances are nice, but don't tend to stop the 1-shot potential of enemies, meaning the current method of surviving has more to do with the shield gating rather than healing/shielding over time, team damage resistance, or single-use shields like Nezha's augmented 3. A tank that could redirect damage all dealt to allies into itself would give the squishier members more breathing room and reward aggressive play styles while also having tangible consequences. By giving the tank tools to survive this onslaught, it'd keep the player busy and engaged with survival rather than focusing solely on destroying enemies in large swaths. It would also encourage team awareness, as they need to play around each other in order to perform well. I think it'd also be interesting to have no shields on this tank so that it can't abuse shield gating. Damage received should be noticed, appreciated, and maybe even a little scary. 

What are your thoughts?

Would you play a warframe like this?

Would you want to see an ally in your team playing something like this? 

it's an interesting idea. I would play a warframe like this if there is a threshold in which my abilities stop redirecting damage to myself like when i hit 25% health

A short duration shield similar to volt's shield, but shorter duration with much more range could be really cool, especially if it give's players who hide behind it some sort of invincibility for a duration based on the amount of damage avoided. Sort of like how harrow's crit buff works

maybe give the passive a cooldown ability that gives you a huge buff when an ally almost dies

something a bit new 

Friends, the joy of tanking is the threat of death. Inaros, Hildryn, etc can't be killed, true. But the team doesn't share the same benefits. Hildryn can support allies with shielding over time and longer shield gating, but it's not damage interception. High damage destroys that benefit. 

Archived