Bone Widow is a downgrade, Let's Change That...

Ok, so I'm bad at starting off essays or topics so let's just dive into it.

BONE WIDOW

https://static2.gamerantimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/warframe-deimos-arcana-bonewidow.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=960&h=500

Is...Kinda bad.

I was really excited for Bone Widow. Playing the same old Voidrig kinda got boring after a while, and I was liking what I saw about them on the devstream. Love the design too...

https://i.gyazo.com/0db57a19fed05c9dcd90930a991d2d3f.png

...Those long, lucious legs...

AHEM! Pleaseignorethat.

NNN is getting to me...

Anyway, I think if you've been following the discourse for a while now you've probably heard that Bone Widow is a direct downgrade to Voidrig in almost every sense imaginable. And that's what we're going to talk about. I'm also going to preform the ultimate act of hubris and give my thoughts on how they could improve her. Seriously I'm not a programmer, I can get a basic idea of how easy these changes MIGHT be, but who knows what Warframes code is like. Needless to say, I'm not going to be asking for something absurd like a BRAND NEW ABILITY WUKONG REWORK STYLE!

Let's start with the abilities:

1. MEATHOOK:

Meathook is a 1 ability, so you know how that's going to end up. Ok, that's not fair, I actually used Necraweb on the original Voidrig, it was useful against fighting the Necramechs in isolation vaults as CC is your best friend there. The way Meathook works is that you skewer your opponent on Bone Widows left arm, and you can press 1 again to throw them at a target. Corpus bowling is great fun, but it has problems.

First: the animation. The Bone Widow does this bizarre lunge whenever she uses her 1. You'd think you'd just grab the person in front of you, but nope, you do this lunge and it will only grab an opponent that's far away from you. It's not like it's a homing attack like Garuda's Dread Mirror, you have to manually aim it. It's very fiddly, and you are more likely to spam the ability three times before actually grabbing someone.

But our problems don't end there. Second: The damage sucks. At max rank, the toss does 600 toxic damage with no modifiers. That's a pretty harsh damage return, even for a 1 ability. For reference, that kind of damage wouldn't one shot a lv. 13 Lancer.

And C: Sometimes the enemy's you've skewered still will move around and even attack you while skewered. Diemos Saxum was the enemy I discovered this with. I may have just ran into a one in a lifetime glitch but yeah...

How do we fix Meathook?

First change is easy, remove the lunge. It's fiddly and it's impossible to work with. Second, make all skewer-able opponent not be able to move. The damage? Well, then we have to go into some bizarre complex scaling thingamabobs. I think Meathook as a damage ability is pretty much bunk, but I have an idea on how to make it work, and give it synergy with it's second ability.

2. SHIELD MAIDEN:

Bone Widow takes off her apron thingy to use it as a shield. The shield only protects the front of Bone Widow and at max rank has 2000 health.

Wait...health?

Yes, Bone Widow's shield has a limited amount of damage it can absorb before you need to cast the ability again, and that health in question is meager...VERY MEAGER. 2000? Are you kidding me? That'll last all of five seconds on higher level missions! But what's even more insulting is that it is essentially Voidrigs Storm Shroud except worse. It has 400 more HP but that's barely anything, and it only protects from one angle while Storm Shroud protects from all angles, has CC, and can absorb more damage to get more HP. You are more likely to exceed that 2000 HP mark if you use Storm Shroud during a fire fight. Shield Maiden is the perfect example of how Bone Widow is a direct downgrade to Voidrig. I also would like to mention that if you have an enemy skewered with Meathook, you can't use the shield...

How do we fix Shield Maiden?

Make the Shield duration based, not HP based. This would make Shield Maiden a viable side grade to Storm Shroud. Storm Shroud protects from all angles but can only take so much punishment. Shield Maiden can take all the punishment in the world but can only protect from one angle. Furthermore, let's have it work with Meathook. This might be a bit of a stretch, but if we use Shield Maiden while we have an opponent skewered, Bone Widow should be able to "absorb" the enemy and have it add to the shields duration count. For example, if the shield duration was 15 seconds, if you could absorb the skewered enemy and bump the count to 25 seconds or something like that. I think this would also fit thematically as well, as the Necramech technology seems to feed off of the death of their enemies. The Necramech weapons alt. fires all are charged up from killing people.

3. FIRING LINE:

Look, I get the idea of this ability, I totally get it. Get all the people who are shooting at you and shift them all to the position in front of you where they'll hit the shield and not you. Problem is, as we established, the shield is more fragile than this community when something gets nerfed. But even with the shield buffs I proposed I find it very unlikely that I would use this ability. I don't think displacing the enemy is worth spending 50 energy.

How do we fix Firing Line?

Add a HP drain.

Yeah, that's it.

I haven't talked about the stats of Bone Widow yet, but the deal is that they're more HP and armor focused compared to Voidrigs more balanced stats. HP and armor is nice, but all warframes that are heavy armor and HP based have some sort of benifit from it. Examples would be an ability that heals you or something like Chroma's armors. Bone Widow has no way to heal herself, making that extra HP and less shield more of a determent than a boon. Making it so that each enemy caught in Firing Line restores a little HP makes Bone Widow's larger HP pool actually useful for something, and also just fits in to the bigger tank theme they were going for with it. It doesn't even need to drain enemies HP, it just needs to restore Bone Widows.

4. EXALTED IRONBRIDE:

OH BOY, ITS THE GIANT SWORD, I SURE HOPE ITS GOOOOOooo...

It's bad. Ironbride is really weak. It's slow, does no damage, and I've just been informed it's since been buffed.

Nevermind. It's pretty good where it is. I'd like more attack speed though.

That's all, whaddya think?

Edited by Trainer-mana
  • Like 24
1 hour ago, Trainer-mana said:

1. MEATHOOK:

Meathook is a 1 ability, so you know how that's going to end up. Ok, that's not fair, I actually used Necraweb on the original Voidrig, it was useful against fighting the Necramechs in isolation vaults as CC is your best friend there. The way Meathook works is that you skewer your opponent on Bone Widows left arm, and you can press 1 again to throw them at a target. Corpus bowling is great fun, but it has problems.

First: the animation. The Bone Widow does this bizarre lunge whenever she uses her 1. You'd think you'd just grab the person in front of you, but nope, you do this lunge and it will only grab an opponent that's far away from you. It's not like it's a homing attack like Garuda's Dread Mirror, you have to manually aim it. It's very fiddly, and you are more likely to spam the ability three times before actually grabbing someone.

But our problems don't end there. Second: The damage sucks. At max rank, the toss does 600 toxic damage with no modifiers. That's a pretty harsh damage return, even for a 1 ability. For reference, that kind of damage wouldn't one shot a lv. 13 Lancer.

And C: Sometimes the enemy's you've skewered still will move around and even attack you while skewered. Diemos Saxum was the enemy I discovered this with. I may have just ran into a one in a lifetime glitch but yeah...

How do we fix Meathook?

First change is easy, remove the lunge. It's fiddly and it's impossible to work with. Second, make all skewer-able opponent not be able to move. The damage? Well, then we have to go into some bizarre complex scaling thingamabobs. I think Meathook as a damage ability is pretty much bunk, but I have an idea on how to make it work, and give it synergy with it's second ability.

2. SHIELD MAIDEN:

Bone Widow takes off her apron thingy to use it as a shield. The shield only protects the front of Bone Widow and at max rank has 2000 health.

Wait...health?

Yes, Bone Widow's shield has a limited amount of damage it can absorb before you need to cast the ability again, and that health in question is meager...VERY MEAGER. 2000? Are you kidding me? That'll last all of five seconds on higher level missions! But what's even more insulting is that it is essentially Voidrigs Storm Shroud except worse. It has 400 more HP but that's barely anything, and it only protects from one angle while Storm Shroud protects from all angles, has CC, and can absorb more damage to get more HP. You are more likely to exceed that 2000 HP mark if you use Storm Shroud during a fire fight. Shield Maiden is the perfect example of how Bone Widow is a direct downgrade to Voidrig. I also would like to mention that if you have an enemy skewered with Meathook, you can't use the shield...

How do we fix Shield Maiden?

Make the Shield duration based, not HP based. This would make Shield Maiden a viable side grade to Storm Shroud. Storm Shroud protects from all angles but can only take so much punishment. Shield Maiden can take all the punishment in the world but can only protect from one angle. Furthermore, let's have it work with Meathook. This might be a bit of a stretch, but if we use Shield Maiden while we have an opponent skewered, Bone Widow should be able to "absorb" the enemy and have it add to the shields duration count. For example, if the shield duration was 15 seconds, if you could absorb the skewered enemy and bump the count to 25 seconds or something like that. I think this would also fit thematically as well, as the Necramech technology seems to feed off of the death of their enemies. The Necramech weapons alt. fires all are charged up from killing people.

Oh this

LIKE this.

• Like 8

I've started using the mech today so I have no point of reference for what issues the community has had with the sword, but my current "request" of sorts is to let players cancel swing animations with movement commands. And also reduce the freeze-up with melee slam attacks. Those two would make the melee feel much better. 

• Like 3

You forget something. Iron bride is also so horrifically bugged that it either never manifests, is animation locked and can't attack, or breaks mid use and can't ever be used again.  Mission to mission, it's almost always broken and unfunctional.

Edited by Formous
  • Like 6

proposed Bonewidow 2.0:

- Meathook is replaced with Necra-Slam: Bonewidow picks up the target and chokeslams them into the ground as hard as possible. this deals a large amount of True damage to the grasped target, and the slam generates an impact AoE that knocks down nearby enemies. if Bonewidow picks up an enemy that was knocked down, they will take even more damage when slammed. ideally, Bonewidow's hand should also be able to extend a reasonable distance/use energy tendrils to grab distant targets before slamming.

- Shield Maiden should grant damage immunity from the front against attacks that hit the shield, and projectiles are reflected back to the enemy. attacks to the side or back deal reduced damage. sprinting with the shield up automtiaccly bashes enemies in your path, deling impact damage and knocking them down. if Ironbride is also in use, you can perform combos that shield bash the enemy in-between Ironbride's attacks. shield bashes deal impact damage and disorient the enemy, slowing them down.

- Firing Line should be scrapped, and replaced with a far superior CC ability. goign with the Impact them, I propose a new power: Widow's Ground. this would be a version of Oberon's Hallowed ground that prevents any enemeis inside it from moving for a short time, allowing Bonewidow to freely attack them. enemeis on Widow's Ground take more damage from both Necra-Slam (grasp and AoE) and Ironbride.

- Ironbride should deal MUCH more damage (Arquebex levels ideally) and have different animations depending on Shield Maiden's state. if Shield Maiden is down, Ironbride has increased attack speed. 

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Why are people refereeing this to a "She"

well, it's called boneWIDOW, it's melee is IronBRIDE, Widow meaning a wife who's husband has passed away, Bride being a woman who is to be married, and the body is also more feminine looking and sleeker than the Voidrig's.

for all intents and purposes, if you're goign to pronoun, it leans far more towards "she" than "he".

• Like 2

Well these ideas are certainly not bad at all, I think I would just make some more minor tweaks in addition to these.

I think the only thing Meathook would need at that point is something to help with its damage, I understand it's more of a self-buff ability but the alternative function is there. So why not make it so enemies you hit take increased damage from all sources? Just a flat 50% damage buff against the hooked enemy and anyone else hit, that way Bonewidow can have an easier time killing small groups if it's necessary. I'd also honestly just remove the Toxin damage entirely and replace it with an AoE knockdown, it has a decent 17 meter range at base, so why not take advantage of that? Now Bonewidow can also have a bit of a breather with some quick CC. Add onto that by making it so enemies that are knocked down are 100% easier to group with Firing Line, prolonging the CC and setting up enemies a bit easier. I would just make it so the enemy on the hook slowly has their defenses stripped over time, so not only would you have an easier time actually killing enemies you've hooked, but now you would be forced to re-hook every so often to hopefully balance out these buffs.

The Shield Maiden changes are unfortunately something I don't see DE doing, however. They already nerfed Voidrig when it had a much longer invulnerability period, and while it was certainly stronger than Bonewidow's, the concept is still a bit too similar in my eyes. Remember that Meathook doesn't have a duration on the stab, so you'd basically have a free Duration buff to your invincibility at all times with no real need to cast your 1 again.  You could still go with the synergy idea, I just think you'd have to tweak it so an enemy you stab on the Meathook adds a portion of its overall EHP to Shield Maidens HP, or make it so the enemy you stab adds DR to the Shield by absorbing a portion of the damage instead. I'd honestly have both, depending on the values DE would choose (I would think 10% EHP and 90% DR on top of the base Health should work well enough). Then you could make it so those values are Duration based, making it so even if you put the Meathook away, kill/toss the hooked enemy or decided to take out Ironbride, you'll still receive the buffs for a short time. Stabbing a new enemy would erase the previous buffs as well, and provide you with ones based on the current held enemy, and the buffs would be affected by Duration Mods as expected. Strength Mods wouldn't increase the values the enemy gives you, but they would still increase the base HP of the Shield as usual.

Making Firing Line absorb Health is a great idea, and would work quite well if paired with my previous Meathook change. The only change I would suggest is that enemies hit, based on the damage you deal, also heal Shield Maiden. It should still balance itself out, especially if you make it so the only way to heal Bonewidow itself is to have your Shield at max HP. Considering the previous buffs beforehand it shouldn't be too difficult of a task, especially if you make it so the damage dealt procs Slash. The damage and Heal amount would multiply based on the amount of enemies hit, and would be multiplied by 50% thanks to Meathook's AoE. So hitting a group should easily keep you and the Shield topped off while dealing some pretty decent damage over time. Just take the Toxin damage from Meathook and apply it to Firing Line, but obviously convert it to Slash. Making the damage proc Slash would also help make the heal consistent as enemy levels rise, making it easier for Bonewidow to scale in general. The only caveat I would add is that the Healing is given to you over time, but with Meathook, you can keep a single enemy healing you at all times (as Meathook wouldn't stop the enemy from being affected by Firing Line, or counting as a multiplier), and killing enemies with Ironbride would instantly give you the health. The base Slash damage could be increased of course, but the multiplier per enemy would stay the same (at let's say a 25% increase per enemy, since it is Slash and the damage/healing could get out of hand pretty quickly).

Ironbride outside of the previously mentioned synergy wouldn't need much else I would say, aside from the technical issues others have already stated, like the sword bugging out or drawn-out animations. 

So hopefully with these sorts of changes Bonewidow would have reasons to use all of its abilities, and every ability would be quite strong and synergize well together to help the mech tank as long as possible.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog
  • Like 2

I haven't played the new mech myself, but I have been talking to people in my friends circle who have played it. I think the mech needs a re-evaluation of its abilities and to have it play into the niche it wants to occupy. 

The Bonewidow is supposed to be this melee bruiser that is hopefully intended to wade into the fray and tear things apart with a giant sword and shield. As things stand right now, I think more than half of the kit doesn't support this fantasy at all. 

Your above suggestions regarding Meathooked enemies being absorbed into Shield Maiden's pool is neat. Also like the idea of Firing Line's change involving a health drain, to keep the mech up and running during melee combat. What I would propose is to make some more modifications to the abilities to perhaps lean into the melee brawler fantasy further. 

Meathook: Removing the awkward melee lunge thing altogether is the first good step. Secondly, make Meathook an auto targeted short range tether skill. Perhaps have the arm that is used for Meathook fire off a tether or something that latches onto an enemy. Having the hooked enemy serve a similar function as Nidus' Parasitic Link would be great. The player can then use the Meathook to disable a priority enemy and then redirect damage received by the Bonewidow (perhaps multiplied by Power Strength) into the hooked enemy. This further adds to the tankiness of the mech. I would also like to note that I suggested this tether system to free up the left arm to be able to use Meathook and Shield Maiden.  

For Firing Line: The health drain should be a passive effect that costs no energy. Upon activating the skill, the Bonewidow siphons even more health from enemies and adds it to a pool. The active component can last around 3 seconds and the tickrate of siphoning is increased greatly during this period. This pool can serve two functions. The primary function would be giving the Bonewidow an emergency heal if it reaches a critical health threshold, similar to the new Vulpyphyla mod. If the Bonewidow say hits 10% of its health, it becomes invulnerable for a brief period and health is immediately restored from this emergency pool. The specifics of this pool can be tweaked and the numbers can be debated. The secondary use would be if the Bonewidow pilot wants to get more damage by sacrificing some defense. The secondary use will be highlighted in the Ironbride section.

For Ironbride:

Give the weapon an "energy range extender". When popping the ult, Ironbride functions just as now, ideally far less buggier and with more damage. But the blade itself gains a significant amount of range via energy (think Noelle's ult from Genshin Impact, or the China release Wukong's ult but nowhere near as insane). The weapon would therefore have more cleave to it. Archwing melee would need to be retuned because as it stands, I genuinely doubt Archwing melees can ever manage to come close to the ungodly damage of the Voidrig's ult. 

If the player holds the Ironbride button instead of tapping it to swap into the mode, the health stored in the Firing Line "health pool" is converted into a damage multiplier depending on the threshold value stored in the pool. Just throwing hypothetical numbers to illustrate an example: 3x damage multiplier at 10% health pool stored, 6x multiplier at 20% health pool stored, 12x multiplier stored at 30% health pool stored. The pilot is therefore faced with a choice of more damage at the risk of losing a safety net, or play it cautiously and become a super tank. 

Obviously these suggestions would involve a lot more coding work and potentially animation, sfx, and vfx work for the team but I think it would add much more depth and power to the Bonewidow. I love the aesthetic of this mech and can't wait for it to be in a great state so I can slash away at enemies and feel like a tank. If people have any thoughts on the changes I suggested, happy to hear them. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Trainer-mana said:

Is it though? Why would I want to use is, continously drain energy, and engage only at melee range, when I can just ? An Exalted Melee weapon with continous drain must be ridiculously strong or have some special extra benefit (e.g. Valkyr's claws also heal her and make her invulnerable) to be actually worthwhile over a regular weapon.

--------------------------

That said, while I like the direction of your suggestions, I think she needs a much more radical rework for each of her abilities:

• Bonewidow has a dedicated slot for any Archmelee weapon, not just a built-in exalted one. (Change Ironbride into a regular archmelee weapon.)
  • The Archmelee weapon is equipped at all times (except when stowed during Iron Bride, see below) in the left hand and replaces the default unarmed Necramech quick melee. In other words, she should dual wield an Archgun and an Archmelee weapon.
  • Now for her abilities
    1. Meathook can be activated at any time and has no limit on its duration. The next enemy you strike with the Archmelee weapon consumes the effect and skewers the enemy on the blade (in case of Knuxx, holds them in the fist), dealing 10% of their max hitpoints per second (scaling with power strength) and returning a portion of the damage as health to you (yes, no typo - holding an enemy for 10 seconds should absolutely kill them, quicker even if you have modded some power strength). Recasting the ability with a skewered target throws it at the targetting reticule, where on impact it deals scaling damage in a small AoE to itself and other enemies. If the target dies while skewered, you can still throw the lifeless body for the same effect.
    2. The shield is always attached to the arm even when not deployed (begone apron!), but by default inactive. Casting Shield Maiden activates the shield, meanwhile the Archmelee weapon is stowed (just beamed into the void like when you switch from a weapon on a Warframe that is not set to "show while inactive") and any skewered enemy is dropped to the ground. The shield lasts a fixed amount of time and absorbs all frontal damage, converting a percentage of it into energy.
    3. Firing Line is now a buff with a duration. Casting it no longer stops your movement. While the buff is active, the forcefield beams continously push all targets within range towards the front of you, staggering anyone affected, including those already in the front. The default angle of the effect is widened so that with Necramech Stretch equipped, it affects enemies in a full 360° circle around you.
    4. With Ironbride gone as an exalted weapon, Bonewidow gets a new 4th ability, Full Gore. The ability has a low activation cost but drains energy continously. While active, Shield Maiden cannot be cast (alternatively, casting Shield Maiden deactivates Full Gore). During Full Gore, your melee attack and movement speed is increased by 50%, all ground movement actions (sprint, charge) cost no stamina, and you can simultaneous attack with your Archmelee weapon and shoot your Archgun.
Edited by Mephane
  • Like 2
On 2020-11-23 at 5:50 PM, Trainer-mana said:

4. EXALTED IRONBRIDE:

OH BOY, ITS THE GIANT SWORD, I SURE HOPE ITS GOOOOOooo...

It's bad. Ironbride is really weak. It's slow, does no damage, and I've just been informed it's since been buffed.

That's all, whaddya think?

I wish that piece of garbage would work when cast.

Currently, it gets casted, then I can't use it if I exit/reenter the mech or uncast/recast it to use an archgun.

I'm using a controller / gamepad and have no issues with Sex-Calibur's original blade (or any other summoned exalted weapon) . Seems like a weird control bug to me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mephane said:

Is it though? Why would I want to use is, continously drain energy, and engage only at melee range, when I can just ? An Exalted Melee weapon with continous drain must be ridiculously strong or have some special extra benefit (e.g. Valkyr's claws also heal her and make her invulnerable) to be actually worthwhile over a regular weapon.

--------------------------

That said, while I like the direction of your suggestions, I think she needs a much more radical rework for each of her abilities:

• Bonewidow has a dedicated slot for any Archmelee weapon, not just a built-in exalted one. (Change Ironbride into a regular archmelee weapon.)
  • The Archmelee weapon is equipped at all times (except when stowed during Iron Bride, see below) in the left hand and replaces the default unarmed Necramech quick melee. In other words, she should dual wield an Archgun and an Archmelee weapon.
  • Now for her abilities
    1. Meathook can be activated at any time and has no limit on its duration. The next enemy you strike with the Archmelee weapon consumes the effect and skewers the enemy on the blade (in case of Knuxx, holds them in the fist), dealing 10% of their max hitpoints per second (scaling with power strength) and returning a portion of the damage as health to you (yes, no typo - holding an enemy for 10 seconds should absolutely kill them, quicker even if you have modded some power strength). Recasting the ability with a skewered target throws it at the targetting reticule, where on impact it deals scaling damage in a small AoE to itself and other enemies. If the target dies while skewered, you can still throw the lifeless body for the same effect.
    2. The shield is always attached to the arm even when not deployed (begone apron!), but by default inactive. Casting Shield Maiden activates the shield, meanwhile the Archmelee weapon is stowed (just beamed into the void like when you switch from a weapon on a Warframe that is not set to "show while inactive") and any skewered enemy is dropped to the ground. The shield lasts a fixed amount of time and absorbs all frontal damage, converting a percentage of it into energy.
    3. Firing Line is now a buff with a duration. Casting it no longer stops your movement. While the buff is active, the forcefield beams continously push all targets within range towards the front of you, staggering anyone affected, including those already in the front. The default angle of the effect is widened so that with Necramech Stretch equipped, it affects enemies in a full 360° circle around you.
    4. With Ironbride gone as an exalted weapon, Bonewidow gets a new 4th ability, Full Gore. The ability has a low activation cost but drains energy continously. While active, Shield Maiden cannot be cast (alternatively, casting Shield Maiden deactivates Full Gore). During Full Gore, your melee attack and movement speed is increased by 50%, all ground movement actions (sprint, charge) cost no stamina, and you can simultaneous attack with your Archmelee weapon and shoot your Archgun.

now that would make her worth using

what you just said was everything i was thinking of to! 

and especially bonewidows thighs.... i cant help it...

but even with these as buffs, voidrig feels pretty weak to despite his artillery cannons, both shieldmaiden and storm shroud need buffs overall, and i kinda wish voidrig had bulkier arms because lets face it those arms look pretty thin sadly. 

• Like 1
On 2020-11-24 at 12:00 PM, Prexades said:

The thing needs to be sent back to the drawing board with all abilites and mechanics reworked. It can't be saved as it is.

I kinda have to agree with this.

I find the sword fun and kinda strong but everything else is just bad.

I can see how the shield could be something actually useful, but it would have to work in a very different way.

Not just that but the mech it self has no polarities while the melee weapon has an absolutely useless D polarity on it and that combined with the drain on some of the arch melee mods makes the mech even worse. Now you need forma on the mech and also on It's weapon. Something that Voidrig doesn't really need due to the fact that it has 3 polarities and the exalted is so strong that putting a forma on it isn't even needed.

Edited by JackHargreav
Well they fixed the no polarity part.

1. I like the concept, but only skewing 1 dude is LAME. let me skewer MULTIPLE enemies and add insta-kill when enemy below 20% health for dmg buff.

2. The shield DOESN'T EVEN WORK ffs, any AoE is gonna fk you and it doesn't work for melee damage. Not a fan of the duration idea, the ability just needs a fundamental rework so it actually works. i.e. block everything in the front 75 degrees or whatever.

3. The range is just poor, bad ability. add range so base range is 18-20m, then CC any enemy touched by the tractor beam for a base duration of  3-5sec. this combined with my reworked 1 will synergize much better, and in general just a nice cc ability on it's own.

4. BUFF THE CRAP OUT OF IT. Hits like wet toilet paper rolls, range that is not even better than polearms. Base damage needs to be at least 20k, then buff the range dramatically, whether just changing the number or adding energy waves that arch out super wide.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb _Urakaze_:

1. I like the concept, but only skewing 1 dude is LAME. let me skewer MULTIPLE enemies and add insta-kill when enemy below 20% health for dmg buff.

2. The shield DOESN'T EVEN WORK ffs, any AoE is gonna fk you and it doesn't work for melee damage. Not a fan of the duration idea, the ability just needs a fundamental rework so it actually works. i.e. block everything in the front 75 degrees or whatever.

3. The range is just poor, bad ability. add range so base range is 18-20m, then CC any enemy touched by the tractor beam for a base duration of  3-5sec. this combined with my reworked 1 will synergize much better, and in general just a nice cc ability on it's own.

4. BUFF THE CRAP OUT OF IT. Hits like wet toilet paper rolls, range that is not even better than polearms. Base damage needs to be at least 20k, then buff the range dramatically, whether just changing the number or adding energy waves that arch out super wide.

🤣

at the moment it is pure cosmetic. I don't know what you need it for or what exactly it should do well. the only good thing is unlimited ammunition for archwing weapon.

Necramechs  in general are a downgrade from warframes,  they are a larger slower crappier warframe, Destined to be used as gimmicks in fights to come where we are going to have certain phases where you'll be forced to use them... Because x enemy is immune  to everything else for some stupid reason.   I'm not looking forward to their future I'm kind of hoping they're just going to be quickly forgotten and they move on.

Edited by Eluminary
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Eluminary said:

Necramechs  in general are a downgrade from warframes,  they are a larger slower crappier warframe, Destined to be used as gimmicks in fights to come where we are going to have certain phases where you'll be forced to use them... Because x enemy is immune  to everything else for some stupid reason.   I'm not looking forward to their future I'm kind of hoping they're just going to be quickly forgotten and they move on (like they did with railjack)

I hate to disappoint you but railjack is slated to be the focus of the next update so I don't think it can be called forgotten.

• Like 1