Xoris randomly losing combo buffs like Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds

With the new glaive changes I have decided to make a combo-based Xoris build taking advantage of its infinite combo duration.

However, at random times during the mission I would lose the buffs from BR and WW (the 11x buff sign from the UI would just disappear), it is not simply visual, I also lose my crit and status buffs, despite remaining at 12x combo on the Xoris. The only way to fix the bug would be to use a heavy attack but it will only reset me to a lower tier of the buff as I have just expended my combo and I will have to rebuild combo.

I do not know what is causing this but I think it has to do with the Xoris' combo duration.

Edited by MetaMessiah
  • Like 4

Were you using a warframe with an exalted melee weapon/pseudo-exalted ability? You probably already know this but the first strike of abilities like Khora's Whipclaw, Excalibur's Exalted Blade, Baruuk's Serene Storm, Atlas' Landslide, etc. will reset the combo count on the Xoris as a special interaction so maybe it slipped your mind. Also I think detonating it mid flight counts as a heavy but you already know this probably.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I ran into this bug aswell. Combo stays at 12x however both Blood Rush and Gladiator set bonus are inactive. However if I use heavy meele, as the combo counter lowers the bonuses are calculated correctly again (until this bug happens again of course). I don't know what triggers this bug, since sometimes it works properly for a full mission, but sometimes it happens 2-3 times a minute...

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

its happen to me aswell, doing some redcrit and suddenly its back to yellow crit, its still max combo count 12x but there is no BR ui show.

i try it on simulacrum with other weapon, i though it just bug on xoris, but this bug happen only on Glaive Type weapon, i try it on glaive prime it also happen. somehow the trigger was got hit by enemy melee atk (projectile or range weapon does not trigger it), AoE atk like mutalist osprey gas cloud and knockback. and sometime trigger from volatile quick return / rebound blast. 

correct me if im wrong, im still not sure thats the main factor

Edited by Ryuu76
  • Like 2

I also encountered this bug.
I completed my Pathocyst MOD configuration today. In actual combat, whenever the combo count reaches 12x, the Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds and Gladiator icons in the upper right corner of the screen disappear after a short while. But the combo counter in the lower right corner remains at 12x. If I wait a while for the combo to fall below 12x, or if the heavy hit consumes the combo count, the buffs will return to normal. This bug will appear again after reaching 12x combos again.
The same bug also appeared on the other two Glaive weapons I tested. Including Xoris and Glaive Prime.
I don't know how it appeared, it seems to me completely random. I asked many of my friends, and they often encounter the same bug.
I have attached the MOD configuration I tested and the screen recording when the bug appeared. Hope they can help.
I sincerely hope that this bug can be fixed as soon as possible.

MOD configuration and screen recording link: Files

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Star-Whisper said:

MOD configuration and screen recording link: Files

In addition to the bug you found, Condition Overload isn't working correctly on thrown attacks. There's another thread about it but it increases your damage just a tiny bit. Almost as if they used both % and divide by 100 for the bonus. If this gets picked up, would be nice if that gets fixed too as Thrown Weapons right now can't really be build effectively which is a shame with the new mods. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Barthez said:

Well... I experience combo counter resets on my blade storm ash with xoris eqquiped as seen here: https://gfycat.com/wildmilkyclam
Easy to recreate in simulacrum. 

Is this a bug or a feature?

Feature sadly-The combo counter will reset when equipped with Xoris. 

Update 28.1

Xoris Interaction Changes

Certain Warframe Abilities and Exalted weapons will now reset the Melee Combo Counter only if the Xoris is being used. The overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon, and the conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice.

Warframe Abilities / Exalted Warframe weapons affected by this are:

• Ash Bladestorm
  • Atlas Landslide
  • Baruuk Serene Storm
  • Excalibur Exalted Blade
  • Gara Shattered Lash
  • Khora Whipclaw
  • Valkyr Talons
  • Wukong Iron Staff

Read more here-

• 3 weeks later...

I have similar bug, but with Baruuk and Stropha. I use Stropha as a stat stick to build up Blood Rush and Gladiator buffs, so Baruuk's 4th ability crits more. It works for some time, i have red crits and all, but at some point it just resets, even if combo counter on Stropha is 220 x12 so i need to use heavy attack to reset it and start allover. This bug bugs me.

I have encountered this bug sevral times aswell (Combo counter works fine, but blood rush and gladiator bonus doesn't apply and they aren't in my status bar either. Also I'm not using any exalted weapon or any ability that should reset according to Update 28.1), however I can't say what triggers it it seems pretty random, sometimes i can play through a whole mission without it triggering, sometimes it happens 4-5 times in a few minutes.

I really like how the weapon works without the bug, but this way it is too unreliable to use.

I've come across this as well.

Happens with any melee weapon and an exalted melee (like Baruuk's), but also happens with glaives when you toss them to build combo. The problem seems to be that the buff is falling off as if your combo multiplier ran out, even when it didn't. If you throw a glaive across a room and have it bounce around between enemies, you gain combo for those hits... but Blood Rush/Weeping Wounds/Gladiator mod buffs don't seem to pick that up. So they just fall off.

You can toss the glaive at your feet and have it bounce around close to you, and you'll both maintain the BR/WW/Glad buffs AND gain combo as normal. For some reason the buffs just don't want to stick around unless you're whacking stuff in melee directly with the actual melee weapon you have equipped (i.e., they're completely divorced from your actual combo multiplier and are sort of acting as THEIR OWN combo multiplier), which is not how they've ever worked. Assuming that this is an unintentional change, it needs to be addressed. It's bad enough for exalted melees, but it's especially bad for glaives.

(Also CO doesn't affect glaive explosions, as far as I can tell.)

Edited by Gonkish
  • Like 1

I have encountered this bug only with exalted melee abilities, such as Wukong's 4 or Baruuk's 4. You build up combo on your stat stick, activate the exalted weapon and after a while your buffs are wiped, even though your combo meter is still capped out at x12.

Steps to reproduce, tested without Naramon focus passives:

• Build your stat stick with Combo Duration and either Gladiator set, Blood Rush or Weeping Wounds - mods that rely on the Combo counter
    • You can also mod for Initial combo, as that's what made me notice the bug
    • Combo duration on the stat stick has to be significantly higher than on the exalted melee to notice what's happening
  • Gain combo on your stat stick until you hit the cap
  • Activate your exalted ability. Gain one combo on the exalted weapon, either by blocking or hitting enemies
  • Let the combo on your exalted melee expire. You will now notice that the buffs were wiped - this is the bug trigger, one known to me at least
  • Disable your ability. You will notice your stat stick still has x12 combo left
    • Hitting enemies will not restore your buffs
    • If you have combo efficiency, a heavy attack will consume a portion of your combo and force the game to correctly recalculate and restore your buffs

BONUS BUG:

• Let all your combo expire
  • On your stat stick build less than x12 combo, or use Initial combo
    • For the sake of demonstration, let's say you have x4 combo, giving you buffs with x3 modifiers
  • Trigger the bug like before - cast exalted, hit once, have the combo decay, disable the ability
  • You still have x4 combo, but no buffs. Start gaining combo again.
  • Notice this: When you advance to x5, instead of giving you x4 buffs, the game will give you x1 buffs, as if you had no combo at all
    • This will continue until you hit x12 combo, constantly giving you inferior buffs
    • This is true for any combo amount below x12
    • Once again, you can use combo efficiency to force a recalculation with a heavy attack, or let the combo fully expire

Just posting to echo others; My Xoris sometimes seems to never run out of WW/BR/Gladiator buffs, and sometimes I can't even get to x12 before the buffs reset (while the combo counter remains firmly where it's supposed to be).

Just to reaffirm what others have stated, my Xoris encounters a similar bug and the only way to start building Blood rush stacks again is for me to use a Heavy attack in order to lower my combo from 12x to a lower tier... This is especially frustrating in higher missions and arbitrations as the crits will fall off from orange/red to yellow unless you remember to heavy attack. 

Just want to clarify my earlier post: this is happening with all melee weapons, including the Xoris. It is not limited to the Xoris.

Glaives make it more prominent, since the BR/WW/Glad buffs don't seem to notice the combo gain from the glaive bouncing around, but it's absolutely affecting all melee weapons. It's just that exalted melees make it obvious since the determinate factor seems to be whether you are actively hitting mobs with your equipped melee weapon within an arbitrary range around your frame. Glaives that have been tossed far enough don't "count" because, I suspect, they're landing blows too far away from the frame, and thus the buffs fall off and lead to this weird behavior. The same is seemingly true for exalted melee weapons, since, obviously, you're not using your equipped melee weapon in that circumstance.

This is definitely not just a Xoris issue, it's a more general issue with BR/WW/Glad buffs.