Hildryn Aegis Storm.

So when I use this ability: Aegis Storm, I float around, and can't shoot my normal guns.

I can activate Balefire, and float around, that's all.

My thought here is, if we can't fire our normal guns, and have to actually use Balefire in order to shoot, Why not just have Balefire turn on automatically when I use Aegis storm?

Also, sure would save me a skill slot if I subsume Skill 1 Balefire.

Any opinions?

1 hour ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

So when I use this ability: Aegis Storm, I float around, and can't shoot my normal guns.

I can activate Balefire, and float around, that's all.

My thought here is, if we can't fire our normal guns, and have to actually use Balefire in order to shoot, Why not just have Balefire turn on automatically when I use Aegis storm?

Also, sure would save me a skill slot if I subsume Skill 1 Balefire.

Any opinions?

Aegis Storm is fine as is.

It is one of the best CC abilities in the game and its restriction for using balefire is the downside that keeps it from being overpowered.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Leqesai said:

its restriction for using balefire is the downside that keeps it from being overpowered

The restriction of needing to press 1?

Did you maybe misunderstand the OP? It's a simple (and reasonable) QOL request.

It's basically on the same level of "unnecessary" as needing to toggle on Sprint
at the start of every single mission, just do away with it already, good riddance.

Edited by NinjaZeku
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

The restriction of needing to press 1?

Did you maybe misunderstand the OP? It's a simple (and reasonable) QOL request.

It's basically on the same level of "unnecessary" as needing to toggle on Sprint
at the start of every single mission, just do away with it already, good riddance.

Yeah I think I did misread the original post. I thought they were saying they wanted to change aegis storm to allow use of regular guns. Whoops!

4 hours ago, TehGrief said:

It would be nice to be able to cast Pillage and Haven while in Aegis Storm; I've always found it strange that you cannot.

It's so that you can't refill your Shields while Aegis Storm is active (even tho that wouldn't even be that big of a deal IMO),
see also DE removing the ability to use subsumed abilities (including Restore Shields / Condemn) during AS recently :(

6 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

It's so that you can't refill your Shields while Aegis Storm is active (even though that wouldn't even be that big of a deal IMO),
see also DE removing the ability to use subsumed abilities (including Restore Shields / Condemn) during AS recently :(

Yeah, I'm with you... Aegis storm isn't that powerful. Refilling shields is kind of the point, is it not? It's a strange restriction. 

I think it would be more important to have a more fluid gameplay loop than having, in my personal opinion, a clunky set of abilities that forces you to choose between using only [1] and [4] or [2] and [3].

I am sure all the subsumed ability glitches (such as Gredel not being able to cast subsumed abilities while in Pulverize) will eventually be sorted out, but I think not being able to cast her [2] and [3] in Aegis Storm is one of the features holding Hildryn back. 

On 2020-11-24 at 4:59 AM, Leqesai said:

Aegis Storm is fine as is.

It is one of the best CC abilities in the game

????

not its not???

its a mobile bootleg bastille that destroys mobility and limits what weapons can be used without even giving us a RoF boost to balefire to compensate

doesnt even allow us to use pillage during it

the concept isnt bad, its rather cool actually, but the execution is severely lacking, mobility with is way too clunky and slow, balefire should get some sort of bonus, at least to RoF, while flying in aegis storm and pillage should be allowed during it