Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Standings Suggestion

Gh0stWare

So i am wondering since i played conclave a few times.. its is very rare to find people in public matchmaking to play with it.. and there are some rewards in conclave that i really want.. and i assume the same goes for other players, but since there are barely any players who use conclave, can't we use other methods of increasing our standings. like for example. fortuna has debt-bonds and toroids . cetus has some other stuff that can be converted for standings. We can't even use Universal Medallions to increase the standing for conclave. also its very rare to get a universal medallion.. the only way to earn Standing for it is through playing but like i said earlier even with public matchmaking. there are very few who play conclave. Can't we use our Steel Essence or something or any other means to increase our standing?

those items should be tradable i believe. only thing i was interested in was that syndana, it looks like a primed one. then i read you have to do convave missions daily to have it's fire effects active.. so i'm like fck that! no one has that kind of time

7 hours ago, Gh0stWare said:

its is very rare to find people in public matchmaking to play with it.

Yes, unfortunately :(. The majority of conclave players no longer play public, because there are too many exploits and exploiters. If you want to play, I suggest trying to find friends over at the conclave discord server. 

I'm not sure what it's like in other regions, but in NA region for a few hours after the daily reset there are usually public matches going. However, these matches die down when big new updates come. So, for example: Deimos Arcana came recently, so the conclave matches will be harder than usual to find for a little while.

7 hours ago, Gh0stWare said:

can't we use other methods of increasing our standings.

At the moment, this is not possible. However, I support the devs making a change to allow this. I think a lot of players have a "grind mentality" where they are willing to play things that they hate because they simply must have all the items and cosmetics. I believe this is the reason why public conclave is so filled with exploiters. 

6 hours ago, Dauggie said:

those items should be tradable i believe.

The mods and captura scenes are tradeable. The skins and syandana are not.

6 hours ago, Dauggie said:

then i read you have to do convave missions daily to have it's fire effects active.. so i'm like fck that! no one has that kind of time

Yes. The syandana is clearly designed for people who play conclave because they enjoy it. i.e.: Not the "grind mentality" players who want to "finish" conclave and never return. However, I support giving the permanently lit syandana to all players for free, because I think this will cut down on conclave exploiters. 

On 2020-11-24 at 5:03 PM, Dauggie said:

only thing i was interested in was that syndana, it looks like a primed one. then i read you have to do conclave missions daily to have it's fire effects active.. so i'm like fck that! no one has that kind of time

i am also interested in the syndana, until i find this .. it will be harder to find people to play conclave if they found out about this.. if that is true then what is the point of doing conclave then .. there is nothing interesting in the rewards for conclave except that syndana. and nothing else.. 

On 2020-11-24 at 11:42 PM, Sevek7 said:

Yes. The syandana is clearly designed for people who play conclave because they enjoy it. i.e.: Not the "grind mentality" players who want to "finish" conclave and never return. However, I support giving the permanently lit syandana to all players for free, because I think this will cut down on conclave exploiters. 

if they permanently lit that syndana then the old players who play for the sake of keeping that syndana lit will be losts, but stil there will be newer players who might be willing to grind it out for the sake of that syndana. also keeping that syndana lit by playing conclave is not fun at all.  i also support the idea of keeping that syndana lit without having to play conclave daily, i mean that is the only thing why players grind out standing for conclave i think.. its the only thing that's interesting there. also the weapon skins i think, besides that the armour set is not that good looking.. its like the Riv Elite guards but without and with half the spike 

Besides making items tradeable / plat-buyable, I think there should be much more emphasis on gaining standing for just playing (along with anti-AFK mechanics). Likely a healthy contributor to the exploit-lean is that the vast majority of standing (all of it minus 200 I believe) is gained through kills, so you have to score to gain even remotely decent standing in a match - scoring which doesn't care a lot whether it's via skill or a cheap weapon. Similar goes for the challenges: if you're not great at the mode, and you don't have someone to farm them with (which IIRC is bannable), you're left with the base 200 standing per match. At 10 minute matches, that rate works out to ~200 hours of Conclave playtime just to get to Typhoon and around 42 hours (give or take) per skin.

I don't know what it's like for others - someone like @Sevek7 could probably give an idea of the standing gain higher level players get - but I wouldn't be surprised if its an order of magnitude greater. Or more.

So imagine being able to cut down any PvE grind by a tenth of what it is now, and all you have to do is equip a cheap weapon. Who wouldn't do that?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived