Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has anyone seen a Jugulus Eximus yet?

anarchy753

On 2020-12-24 at 6:21 AM, IIAc3sII said:

Can you please explain how, all I see are pictures in the simulacrum, if I didnt fully scan something it refuses to say the name so how can I know??

Enable label on settings and the name will be displayed, even the unscanned enemies.

Spend enough time doing arcana vault bounties and you will get saxum eximus spawns. They are less common but not as rare as jugulus eximus, it's not even close. Arcana update has been out for a couple weeks now on PC and most people haven't seen one.

Speaking from my own experience, I've put in nearly 100 hours just doing arcana bounties. Completed all scans beside jugulus eximus after maybe 10 hours. So far I haven't seen a single jugulus eximus yet.

2 spawned for me in arcana bounties during the mist stage where you have to close fissures. But they seem to be extremely rare cause I finished getting all the arcanes/mods/parts.

oV8q6GS.jpg

Here's a list of the remaining codex scans that seem to bugged: 

11 hours ago, MaiNeym said:

2 spawned for me in arcana bounties during the mist stage where you have to close fissures. But they seem to be extremely rare cause I finished getting all the arcanes/mods/parts.

I finished getting all the bounty stuffs without ever getting one to spawn. Then again, I never got the rare glaive mod either.

14 hours ago, IIAc3sII said:

I saw one, it popped up during normal lvl40-60 Deimos mission from Mother, the bounties you do on the surface, other than that ive never seen another one, and I must have done hundreds of surface missions at this point so I can only imagine how rare it must be, seems bugged tbh, unless DE of course want to be sadistic towards codex hunters like they did with Jackal Eximus, who knows...

I've now spent considerable amount of time trying to spawn a Jugulus Eximus during free roam, surface bounties, endless bounty, Steel Path and Arcana vault bounties with no result. My personal conclusion is that sadly it's just an exceedingly rare random spawn. We've had multiple sighting reports in the forum from all kind of bounties so far, from Surface bounty 3 and 5, T1/T3Arcana bounties to SP bounty so enemy level doesn't seem to matter that much. Additionally (and this is just a conjecture) on Deimos there doesn't seem to be a factor that increases the chance of Eximus unit spawning, unlike the thermia bounty on OV you'd use to spawn Jackal Eximus for example.

So if you want to try your luck on completing the codex entry, your best bet seem to be to just maximize the number of encounter with Jugulus units and hope some spawn as Eximus. Do a couple of bounties as nekros and hope for the best. If you're picking surface bounties, Vome seem to suppress Jugulus spawns so do it during Fass.

Some arcana bounties will also give you the mist fissure stage early (first or second stage). You could try completing the mist fissure step, fail the next bounty stage then take the arcana bounty again from mother and you'll be given the same bounty stages. You can repeat it as long as you don't finish the whole bounty until the next wyrm cycle starts.

So there you have it. If you can think of a more efficient codex hunt, or find out what ritual sacrifice one must engage in to spawn this SoB do let me know. Personally I've resigned myself to just doing a couple of deimos bounties every now and then, and with some luck maybe I could get a complete entry by 2022. 

3 hours ago, C-60 said:

I finished getting all the bounty stuffs without ever getting one to spawn. Then again, I never got the rare glaive mod either.

Most of my runs where before the dropchance changes though. So somewhere between 200 and 300 arcana bounties total, for 2 spawns. And when other players joined, I was there for most fissures.  

One random theory I have is that on deimos enemies seem to get stuck a lot. So maybe those can prevent or slow down more eximus units from spawning. Cause the 2 eximus where shortly after a host migration after 1-2 hours. But that's probably coïncidence. (I've had multiple other host migrations without eximus)

Maybe they'll add deimos to the sortie rotation eventually (so we can wait for an eximus stronghold). Or a similar event as thermia fractures.

2 hours ago, MaiNeym said:

Most of my runs where before the dropchance changes though. So somewhere between 200 and 300 arcana bounties total, for 2 spawns. And when other players joined, I was there for most fissures.  

One random theory I have is that on deimos enemies seem to get stuck a lot. So maybe those can prevent or slow down more eximus units from spawning. Cause the 2 eximus where shortly after a host migration after 1-2 hours. But that's probably coïncidence. (I've had multiple other host migrations without eximus)

I've run roughly a similar number of T3 bounties prior to recent bounty rework, although I only started to pay attention to every single Jugulus spawn maybe around halfway through after you first reported an eximus spawn. Before that I just bring helios to do its thing while I go brrrrrr with mesa.

Can you give a bit more detail about the host migration incident? Were you dropped by the host shortly before doing a mist fissure, and then found an eximus? Do report if you manage to get another spawn in a similar manner. Twice is coincidence, three times is a pattern, as they say. But if your pet theory turns out to have some truth in it, and that host migration in some way increases your chance to get an eximus spawn, then my codex is probably screwed because my machine can't handle open world squad sessions.

2 hours ago, MaiNeym said:

Maybe they'll add deimos to the sortie rotation eventually (so we can wait for an eximus stronghold). Or a similar event as thermia fractures.

All of the currently available options are terrible, but personally still not going to bank on any of this happening. Open world sortie was based on the now defunct incursion mechanic on plains. Events with in-built eximus spawn modifier like thermia would be nice, but any chance of it happening diminishes as newer things get added into the game. And if recent devstreams is of any indication they seem to have moved on to corpus liches as the new shiny thing.

20 minutes ago, C-60 said:

Can you give a bit more detail about the host migration incident? Were you dropped by the host shortly before doing a mist fissure, and then found an eximus? Do report if you manage to get another spawn in a similar manner.

It's the only similarity between the two that I could remember. Joined a squad for +1 hour, host wanted to leave so I pressed 'esc', "leave squad", and started the next bounty. Shortly after (within ~15 min), there was an eximus.  

I don't remember exactly, but I don't think it was the very first jugulus. I've left the squad like that other times as well with no eximus. So I doubt it's the host migration specifically that made them appear magically. If it has anything to do with it, then I would assume the host migration unstuck/removed old eximus enemies, freeing up room for new spawns. So IF that's the case then short runs might have better success to make sure stuck enemies won't pile up.

Tbh, I was hesitant to mention it at all, but figured to write it in case others start noticing something similar. It wasn't my intention to give false hope.

On 2020-11-24 at 6:39 AM, anarchy753 said:

I just spent around 30 minutes flying around the drift and of the hundreds that spawned not one was an eximus.

During bounties on the surface almost no eximus spawn at all, let alone Jugulus, and I even farmed "collect the samples" until I got timed out and not a single eximus of any kind spawned once.

The Jugulus are so rare underground that it doesn't seem worth farming it there.

Anyone seen one, any hints on how to get them out?

1. T3 isolation vaults.
2. T3 arcane vaults.
3. Mist bounties.

Here's the full codex list for the infested. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Codex/EnemyList/Infestation

On 2020-12-26 at 5:45 PM, MaiNeym said:

You might actually be on to something here. If you roam around the surface you will quickly observe that (1) enemies are spawned in groups and (2) one unit in the group is chosen and spawned as an eximus. Making use of this eximus-in-a-crowd mechanic you can quickly complete codex entries for other eximus units, including Saxum/Juggernaut/Mitosid by just going from spawn to spawn. But for some reason, despite looking for hours, I've yet to see a Jugulus eximus spawned in this manner. Which suggests that Jugulus is very low down in priority order of natural eximus spawn or even excluded entirely.

Now bear with me as I try to explain my deranged ramblings conjecture: It's harder to keep track of enemy spawn during bounties, but it seems plausible that a similar spawning mechanic is also in place with deimos/arcana bounties. The spawning could be based on time, number of enemy units in the vicinity, presence of eximus units, etc. but my guess it's a combination these factors.

My gut feeling is that to be spawned as an eximus, you need a low enemy count, no eximus unit to be present and on top of that, a lone Jugulus to be spawned by the aforementioned eximus-in-a-crowd mechanic. Since the Jugulus is the only unit present, it will be forcibly spawned as an eximus despite its low ranking in the order of priority. In other words, it's Jackal Eximus but much worse. Besides a host migration and dumb luck I don't know how you could reliably meet these requirements all at the same time. The Jugulus spawning as a lone unit might not be strictly necessary, i.e. a smaller group spawn might have a better chance of Jugulus eximus spawning than a massive one, but if that is the case I think we'd have encountered more eximus spawns.

To summarize, completely scanning the mythical Jugulus eximus is a fool's errand, whoever put it in the game intended it as an elaborate prank and punishment towards codex completionist, and you could have a more fulfilling time by doing literally anything else in the game.

Could be a load of nonsense but I found an eximus spawn that closely matches the criteria that I mentioned: bounty active, low enemy count, lone Jugulus spawning from an enemy wave. Make of it what you will.

UPDATE: I suppose if any player are still looking to complete the scans I could share my results. I've seen 3 eximus spawn and completed the eximus codex entry with additional scan from nekros. All spawns were from T5 bounty, Fass cycle. I don't know if session length have any relevance to eximus spawn but I always return after finishing the bounty once and retake the mission from the Necralisk. Crucially, all spawn happens to be from the Latrox Une bounty stage in the Undulatum area just outside Necralisk as seen in the image below. Again, not sure whether any of this is relevant, but in another thread about finding Jugulus Eximus, another player found a spawn in roughly the same area around Undulatum during a SP bounty (but not Latrox Une stage).

My advice to you aspiring codex scanners would be to rely on T5 bounty during Fass, and if anytime during the bounty you're directed to the Undulatum, keep your eyes peeled for any Jugulus spawns. You could let Helios handle that for you like I did. Kill all the normal Jugulus AND Deimos Genetrix (the floating infested dropship) to stimulate ground spawns. They can also spawn on top of the infested tree structure, I found one Eximus spawn there so don't forget to check. Just do a couple bounties each time, sooner or later they will appear. Good luck.

Cu3825Q.png

On 2020-12-31 at 6:26 AM, IIAc3sII said:

Are you saying that you found Saxum Eximus by just patrolling around Deimos surface? Cause Ive done exactly that for hours on end and I never found it like that.

Were you doing it on normal or on Steel Path?

Found Saxum Eximus on many occasions under different conditions, but I seem to encounter them more often while flying around after finishing lvl 40-60 surface bounty. I'd take the bounty from mother in Necralisk, finish it then fly around from spawn to spawn. Your mileage might vary and you're still at the mercy of RNG, but you'll encounter one sooner or later.

• 7 months later...
On 2020-11-25 at 1:09 AM, Skaleek said:

Still not sure if the missing codex entry is Jugulus Eximus or Jugulus Rex. Have the rest done but there's also an incomplete entry(2, must be normal + eximus) between Deimos saxum rex and Deimos tendril drone. Anyone have these yet??

Deimos Saxum Tex can be seen assassitation mission on bounties

• 3 months later...

the deimos jugulus rex / rex eximus can be found at the bottom of the well in the arcane missions, although it is not entry in the codex it has an eximus version and it is the only mob that can drop necra mods from the event operation: orphix venom.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-12-06 at 5:30 AM, Momoque2 said:

the deimos jugulus rex / rex eximus can be found at the bottom of the well in the arcane missions, although it is not entry in the codex it has an eximus version and it is the only mob that can drop necra mods from the event operation: orphix venom.

Do you have a screen of the rex eximus?

Wait, are you talking about the large worm enemy that spawns in the pit monster's belly?

You know, the one in Iso vaults, where you have to throw the explosives into the pit, then shoot the parts above it to make the structure above fall into the pit, killing the sarlac-wannabe hole-with-teeth, and in its stomach you'll sometimes get a rare worm-like enemy that drops a unique mod?

Archived