Warframe on PlayStation 5 November 26th!

7bf1ac8d4c37951734a72b77013f0da9_845x230

The next-generation build of Warframe arrives on PlayStation 5 this Thursday, November 26! 

Jump into your Orbiter, prepare your Squad and get ready to experience the best Warframe has to offer. 

See the Origin System in a whole new way with dynamic lighting that makes open worlds like the Plains of Eidolon, Orb Vallis and Cambion Drift look more beautiful than ever before. 

Running at up to 4k resolution and 60 FPS means no detail will escape your eye as you dive right into your next Mission! You can also expect improved loading times across the entire game, thanks to the next-generation solid-state drive.

Plus, the addition of the new Adaptive Triggers feature on the DualSense controller will make each melee Weapon swing or trigger pull feel much more impactful.

To learn more about Warframe on PlayStation 5, click here!

PlayStation Plus Booster Pack V:
If you’re planning on playing on PS5, you don’t want to miss the PlayStation Plus Booster Pack V, free for PlayStation Plus members! This pack features everything you need to kickstart your journey, including a PS5-themed Obsidian Sedai Syandana; a 7-Day Affinity Booster; a 7-Day Credit Booster; 100,000 Credits; and 100 Platinum. 

PlayStation Anniversary:

Take part in our 7 Year Anniversary celebration before December 2 at 2 p.m. ET by logging in to Warframe and receiving the Paracesis Obsidian Skin, Obsidian Monast Sugatra, a fully-built Forma and a 3-Day Resource Booster!

Plus, complete limited-time Anniversary Alerts to earn Noggles, Weapon Skins and more! The Azura Excalibur Glyph and the PSIV Color Palette are also available in the in-game Market for 1 Credit for a limited-time only. 

There’s never been a better time to slide, wall run or Bullet Jump into Warframe than on PlayStation 5!

FAQ:

Spoiler

Backwards compatibility:

You can find the PS4 version of Warframe available for download in the Official PlayStation Store.

Cross-save:

There will be cross-save only between PS4 and PS5.

Cross-play:

PS4 and PS5 Tenno can play together.

Account migration:

At this time, we are not allowing for Account Migration from any platforms.

Trophies:

While your progress will transfer over to PS5, your trophies will not, which means you will have to re-unlock trophies as you play. Cumulative trophies (like “Shield Saver - Deflect 1000 Bullets with Melee Weapons”) will transfer over at 99% completion. However, single-action trophies earned from activities like completing Quests, will have to be redone by replaying the Quest from the Codex.

• Like 13
3 minutes ago, (PSN)CrisisToast said:

Is it gonna be free in Germany? 

Similar to Warframe on PS4 since launch, games in Germany are required by law to have a price. So Warframe will be available in Germany for the lowest price we could set it to fit those requirements on launch!

• Like 6

Does this mean any ranked player like mr 17 etcetera, have to start over on the Ps5 version from unranked to whatever rank by mastering everything all over again? If so, is there a plan, or hope in the future for a limited time to migrate the players' account with the limitation of getting all the trophies again? So ranked players can experience everything in the Ps5 version without doing everything all over again. And very well decorated clans, if not high level clans dont have to start over from just an empty room. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hide contents

Trophies:

While your progress will transfer over to PS5, your trophies will not, which means you will have to re-unlock trophies as you play. Cumulative trophies (like “Shield Saver - Deflect 1000 Bullets with Melee Weapons”) will transfer over at 99% completion. However, single-action trophies earned from activities like completing Quests, will have to be redone by replaying the Quest from the Codex.

Re-iterating my post when first announced about trophies below:

This sounds non-ideal especially for trophy 100% completionist going forward.

If I understand correctly, there will always be two separate Warframe trophy list going forward - one for PS4 and one for PS5.

When a new update comes out in future with new trophies, they will appear for both the PS4 and PS5 versions. This means that one will need to earn the trophy both on the PS4 and PS5 versions to maintain 100% on their trophies list.  I know majority of players don't care about trophies but this just seems chaotic and head shaking.

Also, it sounds like on the PS5, you can launch two different versions of Warframe,  - the PS4 one and the PS5 one?  Or will there only be one version and the launcher is smart enough to detect that it is PS5 and launch accordingly.  If that's the case, to earn new PS4 trophies in future, you'd better hang on to your PS4 then.

Lastly, what about trophies like mastering shotgun (rank 30) or building a Railjack?  Do you need to re-level up another unranked shotgun for example?  Or assemble another Railjack - is that even possible?!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, (PSN)Byakuya-Masuta said:

Does this mean any ranked player like mr 17 etcetera, have to start over on the Ps5 version from unranked to whatever rank by mastering everything all over again? If so, is there a plan, or hope in the future for a limited time to migrate the players' account with the limitation of getting all the trophies again? So ranked players can experience everything in the Ps5 version without doing everything all over again. And very well decorated clans, if not high level clans dont have to start over from just an empty room. 

How did you come to this conclusion when the opposite is stated twice in the post? The only thing not transferring are trophies

Yeah no. I refuse to believe this is an unfixable problem that has to pass the burden onto players. You have access to player profiles that track progress and unlocked warframe achievements. All you should need is a script that you either run on the server or on client login that scrubs their profile for completed achivements and calls unlock on the associated PS5 trophy. I would love to know why this can't be done.

That complaint aside, PS5 version looks exciting. Now I just need one :S.

• Like 1
Il y a 6 heures, (PSN)ChopperDave06 a dit :

Yeah no. I refuse to believe this is an unfixable problem that has to pass the burden onto players. You have access to player profiles that track progress and unlocked warframe achievements. All you should need is a script that you either run on the server or on client login that scrubs their profile for completed achivements and calls unlock on the associated PS5 trophy. I would love to know why this can't be done.

That complaint aside, PS5 version looks exciting. Now I just need one :S.

With No Man's Sky, when you transfer your saves on PS4 for your PS5, and retrieved the datas on your PS5, that's automatically unlocked the trophies you already have with your PS4's saves for the new PS5 trophies' list.

For me, the real major problems with the trophies on PS5 - and for Warframe - is the trophies linked to a type of weapon you need to mastery, because, when your a Vet in Warframe with a lot of hours, you have XPs all things, and if you need to forma'd a type of weap you already XPs for this trophy, you simply can't (or don't want) to do, and we already need to forma'd for the NW act, so, i don't like to do this trophies again.

And no project to add a platinum trophy for the game ; after 7 years, i don't understand why DE don't add ones in the base trophies' list (easy to add...). Others F2P have ones.

Edited by (PSN)Crazy_Mr_J
14 hours ago, (PSN)vinster said:

Re-iterating my post when first announced about trophies below:

This sounds non-ideal especially for trophy 100% completionist going forward.

If I understand correctly, there will always be two separate Warframe trophy list going forward - one for PS4 and one for PS5.

When a new update comes out in future with new trophies, they will appear for both the PS4 and PS5 versions. This means that one will need to earn the trophy both on the PS4 and PS5 versions to maintain 100% on their trophies list.  I know majority of players don't care about trophies but this just seems chaotic and head shaking.

Also, it sounds like on the PS5, you can launch two different versions of Warframe,  - the PS4 one and the PS5 one?  Or will there only be one version and the launcher is smart enough to detect that it is PS5 and launch accordingly.  If that's the case, to earn new PS4 trophies in future, you'd better hang on to your PS4 then.

Lastly, what about trophies like mastering shotgun (rank 30) or building a Railjack?  Do you need to re-level up another unranked shotgun for example?  Or assemble another Railjack - is that even possible?!

This is just a guess from me, but maybe they’re done with adding trophies to the PS4 version?

The main reason I say that is because they state the new engine will support the game for the life of the PS5.  You know at some point they’ll drop PS4 support as the game gets more content and the graphics continue to improve.  This also means they only have to maintain the new trophy list.  That would leave the 100% intact on PS4 and allow you to focus on PS5.

Just a guess though.  Hopefully we will find out soon.  🙂

Edited by (PSN)SirShavesALot

Amazing news. I was not expecting it that fast !

Unfortunately, my PS5 was pre-ordered the 17th september but I was not fast enough to be in the fisrt batch so I have no idea when I will get one and I still wait informations form my local store.

Anyway, I can't wait to play Warframe on this PS5 version.

@[DE]Megan I don't see it in the FAQ so maybe you will be able to tell but I would like to know more detail on how cross play will work :

As PS5 player will be able to play with PS4 players how will it work with the loading time ? PS5 players may have to "wait" PS4 player during loadings and syncing or will the game have an option to choose if we want just PS5 players only to speed up loadings ? MAny thnaks in advance for the precision.

Other question : will PS5 Warframe will support HDR ?

Edited by (PSN)ogamitaicho77
20 hours ago, (PSN)Byakuya-Masuta said:

Dont worry. If you are MR17 on ps4 and decide to play Warframe on PS5 you will retain your progress and even be able to play with your ps4 friends.

• Like 1