Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasions NEED Rework

HeretixMB

Invasion missions need to be reworked in some manner. The time investment versus the rewards are not okay at all. An invasion mission requires 3 missions to be completed. However those missions vary from defense to exterminate. It is unfair to expect a player to do 3 mobile defense (3 mins minimum X 3 = 9 mins minimum) missions to get 1 - 2 Mutagen mas or 3 Fieldrons or 3 detonite injectors. These invasions can take anywhere from 3 minutes to 10 minutes + to complete depending on your mission set. IT IS NOT WORTH 10 MINUTES to get 2 Mutagen mass! 

I believe a change is necessary as it is one of the biggest hindrances facing players on their journeys to becoming MR30 as these 3 resource are simply unfair and unbalanced. This is also in addition to the enormous forma cost and platinum cost for said forma in the event that a player does not desire to farm the forma manually. Which excludes the forma that is already invested into builds.

I Propose that some sort of store system similar to  the Steel Path Honors store should be implemented. This would allow players to Purchase Mutagen Mass and the other resources in bundles after getting some sort of Invasion credits/points by completing invasions. Perhaps the system could emphasize speed, by rewarding more points if they complete the invasion faster as speed is an important component of the Warframe game play loop. The store could also offer the various weapon sets.

Another solution would be to place it as a resource drop similar to the old steel essence acquisition in the sense that it could be farmed in large quantities in endless mission types provided that players are properly prepared for those longer endurance missions.

anyway i just want this to change because i am MR25 and this frustrates me as this is the reason why i have struggled to progress past my MR

I would disagree with your post and agree with those posts where you duplicated this topic. 

Fieldron, Detonite injectors and Mutagen mass is super easy to get from these missions. 3 missions is a pretty good deal, especially when compared to building them. Fieldron samples and Detonite might be easy to come by, but still have longer crafting times. Mutagen Mass is basically not worth building if you have any infested research left to do. A lower reward from invasions makes sense due to the other ways of getting it being less likely to get used.

I'm quite certain that you can get enough of these resources in one week, at worst 2. Given that you are trying to rush mr30 you would still have to wait for that 24 hour timer.

In general I don't see how you can complain about being able to guarantee that you will get a resource in 10-15 minutes... I recently ran some missions with low MR players. To get the resources to build the first available frame in the game we had to run a 45 minute survival with a nekros. 

Let's use your "2 mutagen mass is not worth 10min". Most infested weapons require about 4 Mutagen mass. Thus you think it's not worth it to spend 20 minutes on a weapon when the literal first warframe takes more than double that time, looking at just 1 resource.

All of this seems to scream entitlement: "I want mr 30 and anything that prevents me from reaching that as soon as possible is unfair and unbalanced"

Just learn some patience and don't double post.

5 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Just learn some patience and don't double post.

I can't say i agree with your last 2 sentences, I have played this game for 5 years and i am MR25. so patience isn't lacking. The only reason i am gunning for MR30 is because that is the only thing that is left to do. My focus has been on time investment vs value. What i am trying to articulate is that there is a huge time investment in this system despite the minimal value as most of the weapons used by these resources are MR fodder. That is why i propose a change.

Archived