Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new Jackal is just pointless

DroopingPuppy

I didn't revisit Jackal for a long time and I did recently, and... seriously, I don't get it.

First off, the whole pattern is simply pointless.  I can summarize the whole process during the fight; it's just damage dealing - wait a while - parazon - wait a while - parazon - wait a while - parazon - WAIT A WHILE AGAIN - parazon. It seems we need to shoot it once more during the session, but who cares that's not the point.

When we come for Jackal, we expect a fight. But the reality is all but the boring laser wall show. Honestly, why we are just watch this? And that's all? What were you thinking about the mechanism? Is it even a gameplay?

Although annoying, but Kela is far better than this - we are required to hit the four signal light to stop her orbital bombardment, and only if we did it the bombardment ends and she returns. At least it is a capable mechanism for we have something to do. But Jackal is different. It just keep rolling the laser and ready to be stabbed until it is destroyed. Is it even a fight?

Also, it is supposed to be an EASY boss, right? After all it is on Venus which is the early stage of the game. I, who play the game for years, can withstand the wall without much problem. With good settings, some of my warframe can simply dance when the laser wall turns. But I don't think that newbie Tenno with low ranked starting warframe and no good shield/health mods can withstand this. It is too punitive for the newbies. Remember that not only the experienced users are the only users; we need to consider the newcommer to sustain the game. At least Vor is not ridiculous like this.

The suggestions are:

-You better return the former Jackal, for it have a mecanism and may interesting. I swear that this rework is not even worth a pound of garbage.

-Rather than turn four walls and just watch, what about to let Jackal starts the fight with a moving wall, don't make it invulnerable, and put an another wall per one phase - so you need to trip it in order to temporary stop the wall and use parazon to go to the next stage. Then you need to fight against Jackal, as well as dodge the wall. Also while the fight is intense it puts more wall and you need to hurry.

-An another idea is, keep running around two or three walls, Jackal is keep stomping on the center, and if we can close the distance we can stab it with parazon immediately. Touching the wall or stomp pushes we for some distance or even the the edge of the arena. Then the goal is reach to Jackal and it's all about the dodging game. Still we need to dodge stuffs, but we get rewarded, which can turn it to a game.

12 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

When we come for Jackal, we expect a fight. But the reality is all but the boring laser wall show. Honestly, why we are just watch this? And that's all? What were you thinking about the mechanism? Is it even a gameplay?

Although annoying, but Kela is far better than this - we are required to hit the four signal light to stop her orbital bombardment, and only if we did it the bombardment ends and she returns. At least it is a capable mechanism for we have something to do. But Jackal is different. It just keep rolling the laser and ready to be stabbed until it is destroyed. Is it even a fight?

Life of well off players that one-shots bosses into the next phase, if not insta-kill.

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

Life of well off players that one-shots bosses into the next phase, if not insta-kill.

The former jackal sustains at least one shot - you need to shoot the leg, and aim for the body.

I have no problem on making it longer, for as you said simply face to face the boss, shoot once then rush to the extraction point is not so fun.

But it is acceptable if it is other than just waste the time. While we are need to 'dodge' the wall, we can't do anything. We just have to wait. And only this. Make its clear time not depend on the gears seems good, I think, but the sessin needs to be fun to play.

9 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

But it is acceptable if it is other than just waste the time. While we are need to 'dodge' the wall, we can't do anything. We just have to wait. And only this. Make its clear time not depend on the gears seems good, I think, but the sessin needs to be fun to play.

I have a feeling DE wanted to do something similar to how Kela's fight goes if you failed to get all the buttons - run and survival the high-damage bombardment. But with that sweet spot that just completely avoids it we basically see it as a padding; I wouldn't be surprise if they remove it one day.

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

I have a feeling DE wanted to do something similar to how Kela's fight goes if you failed to get all the buttons - run and survival the high-damage bombardment. But with that sweet spot that just completely avoids it we basically see it as a padding; I wouldn't be surprise if they remove it one day.

Sure, and since it is on Sedna we are expected to avoid this by the 'true tenno form.'

Anyway, the point is I am not argue because I can't two-shot it. The point is, the turning laser wall time is just not making sense for we can't do anything and it just spends the time. If we were the cannon fodder, not the game player, then it is fully acceptable to be beaten without a chance to stop it. But fortunately we are not the cannon fodder in the game and we are the game players.

Archived