Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't lock MR test if game crashes

(PSN)DrGrib

The game literally crashed right as I was starting an MR test that I had just passed two practices on and I was locked out of the test for 24 hours as if I had failed the attempt. Pretty frustrating. It would be nice if it could detect a crash and not count it as an attempt.

For background on the crash, it is MR 11 when I bring in Titania Prime. Trying it again the next day: as soon as I go into Razorwing, even when it doesn't totally crash, the whole game slows down like it is running out of memory and then it goes super slow at first. In practice sessions, the slowdown was for about 3 seconds. In the actual test, the slowdown continued for about 10 seconds.

18 hours ago, Miser_able said:

problem is, people could then force a crash when they know they are failing so they can try again

If they didn't track closing the game vs a logged crash, yes. At least on PS4, the system knew it was a failure of the program itself and gave me a dialogue to send the crash report.

3 hours ago, (PSN)DrGrib said:

If they didn't track closing the game vs a logged crash, yes. At least on PS4, the system knew it was a failure of the program itself and gave me a dialogue to send the crash report.

The system may know it was a failure and it may not. Tough to say, really, how easy it would be to fake a crash on PS4/Xbox.

Archived