Please remove the search function from the mission complete screen (DE listened!)

General_Durandal

~

On 2021-06-07 at 6:31 AM, NeoRetro10K said:

From Update 29.10:

• Added ‘Autofocus Textfields’ in Options > Interface. You can now choose ‘All’, ‘Exclude End of Match’, and ‘None’. 

~
OLD POST~

At the end of the mission it is always set as the default typing place,
causing me to type my, "tgg" or other message into the search function instead of squad chat.

The problem is that the cursor default to be active in the search field. I use push to talk in discord to talk to clan mates, now I always search for that key every menu i open be it mission end screen or foundry. Why is search file always active now?

On 2020-11-25 at 12:58 AM, t1mespace said:

If there's a new onset of exertional chest pain upon exercising, don't exercise. Problem solved. No need to go to the doctor.

Literally everything hurts. Suggestion: just don't do anything. 4Head

LOL. If there is an issue...the issue should be fixed. 

Seriously, though, having the "search" field be the default at mission results is just wrong. Search is rarely going to be used, and saying "GG" is normal.

This has been bothering me as well for some time now. Don't know which patch introduced it, but it wasn't always like that.

Some curious observation I had just today: when typing in chat when the relic selection screen pops up in missions will put your text in both the search bar and the chat bar.

The search itself is fine though, just not have it active all the time/by default.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to second this. Having my movement keys hijacked by the search bar every time I finish a mission (or leave an open world area) is REALLY annoying. It hijacks your inputs if you bring up the mission summary screen mid-game too when you wanna check what you've picked up so far, which is equally frustrating. I really do not understand why it defaults the focus to the search bar, and I really, REALLY hope it's something that gets patched out.

• 5 months later...

From Update 29.10:

• Added ‘Autofocus Textfields’ in Options > Interface. You can now choose ‘All’, ‘Exclude End of Match’, and ‘None’. 

On 2020-11-25 at 8:01 AM, Omega-ZX said:

dont type it. problem solved. no one cares about mission end chat.

Apologies fot the incoming joke;

We shall await your next thoughtfull, thought provoking, indepth and engaging  feedback with immense anticipation regarding the subject presented by the author of this thread.

Archived