When was warframe good? Or Warframe: Beyond the light.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb PublikDomain:

2015 was the beginning of the end of Warframe's golden years of growth.

You didn't even get the year right in your rant, because the void key system was replaced mid 2016 with Specters of the Rail system. I think the new system is actually better, it is certainly more generous than the old void key system ever was, with rewards.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Actually, I was ready to just quit WF forever and forget it existed, and then I saw that fascinating purple card... years later I'm still playing, because I love gambling, kuva, and rivens. Gambling for pseudo money without risk of losing real money? Hek yeah. I'm sorry to hear you don't enjoy rivens, but you should acknowledge that one can still more than achieve their wildest seal clubbing power fantasies without even thinking about rivens, so why the salt?

No salt

13 hours ago, TimeFack said:

Hello forum. I've been playing Warframe for 4 months (27 mr, yes I'm braindead).

Excuse me 😂 what ? why the rush to max MR dude ?

13 hours ago, TimeFack said:

Now why am I start playing and my expirience. I'm tired of Dota 2 and the toxic community and I love science fiction. So i tried warframe.

I started playing for the same reason 3 years ago, I was quitting league due to excessive toxicity within its community, so I found warframe randomly on steam, it was this relaxing game I play to pass time then one day, I discovered cinematic quests (which nobody told me about, the game literally did bad job explaining itself for a new play), then I staretd taking it seriously, until Railjack happened, that form me was the Sign this game has no direction, the Devs keep testing Ideas here and there and thats it, and oh boy... we have mechs now... 

I think people say old warframe is better are those who played the game before any of the "open world" got released, they don't like any of the recent updates, before Railjack Epic failure, DE was really comfortable with adding warframes to the game with no story of quest behind it, Wisp for example, was tied to a boss fight that has this really dumb mechanic, I would prefer if they make the ropalolyst more like Eidolons, but man DE is addicted to the Idea Of reinventing the wheele, with every update, this resulted of a game that has no Identity, sometimes you play as a space ninja, other time you are a Kid who is controlling different warframe and can dash entire maps no problem, and sometimes you are space pirate.... and now, the tenno are space animal rescue units being deployed to save Deimos wild life...

it seems that the tenno are in some identity crisis right now, people been saying Old warframe is better bcs the devs did a great job treating the community with updates like the second dream, the war within, and the sacrifice... these are lore heavy quests that where actual game changers, they make sense, the Tenno - Warframe relationship started to make sense after the sacrifice... I personally don't know what happened to this game at that point or who is responsible on this radical change, DE kept focusing on Open world since then... and we never heard of the lotus since then, What we have now is just cutscenes that contradict between each other, and that doesn't make any sense... I personally think people miss that feeling of being shocked or surprised with something like the second dream, DE now are good at making trailers, Where is the new war and duviri paradox ? "Covid happened"... and as someone who played this game for 3 years, I think I can say that DE doesn't have to reinvent the wheel to release content, with every update, players leave the game bcs it became strange to them.... which rises question whether not DE was designing this game for veterans to leave at some point..... I don't really know, I suggest you play this game casually, and don't rush through it, bcs there is nothing that worth that much grind in this game, nothing make difference anyway, you literally can mod low Mr weapons and One shot everything in the game (non steel path related) if you know what you are doing... 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Prexades said:

You didn't even get the year right in your rant, because the void key system was replaced mid 2016 with Specters of the Rail system. I think the new system is actually better, it is certainly more generous than the old void key system ever was, with rewards.

Ah, you're right. Must've read the wrong date on the wiki.

Relics are more generous, but Keys had a better community around them. If you've got some random Relic you want to run, you're simply not going to find a party. No one wants to run your Lith P1 or whatever, if it isn't the latest PA set or unvaulting it's basically impossible to find a group ingame. But with Keys everyone was running the same missions, so it was easy to get a group. And because you could draw out a single key to get more rewards from it there was an incentive to stay and challenge yourself. With Relics you're incentivized to run them as fast as possible and not stick around. There was a shift where the focus changed from more endurance-styled play to more speed-focused play.

3 hours ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

I play almost exclusively Gauss nowadays and its a bit of a game to see whats the furthest I can be from someone and still make it to them before they die. So far my record is about 450 meters xD

Now I want to try this ahaha

They need to give it a rest with the gimmicky side distractions and get back to focusing on the core game.

They also need to stop copy pasting plains of eidolon onto new environments. The entire open world portion of the game is painfully repetitive and boring.

Rather than have a dynamic and changing world with rolling events and activities, we have to endure the bounty system (vomit) and reset the game and idle in a laggy doorway. Trash design.

• Like 2
vor 2 Stunden schrieb PublikDomain:

The "good old days" ended right around when Void Keys were removed, so the middle of 2016*. The DPS meta hadn't evolved yet, so defensive and CC frames were just as important as DPS - if not more. Because of the way the Void Key system worked recruiting for parties was easier. "H T4D" and you'd get a dozen invite requests instantly. And when people joined you each took a role: someone would be a defensive frame, someone would be support, someone would CC. You built your group for the mission and there was more cooperation - no one was a one-man army. Now with so much powercreep over the years you can solo for hours, so there's no reason to organize or cooperate with teammates unless the game forces you to. The Relic system undoubtedly has its merits, but the Key system did too.

It wasn't just the Void Key system being retired, if you look at steamcharts.com you'll notice a shift in the pattern. DE shifted from an "update little things all the time" schedule to a more quarterly update schedule. Warframe's growth went from being up 3 months and  down 1 to the opposite: one spike of content roughly every quarter, with 3 or so months of decline always following. And that trend has continued since.

And what happened after the Void was "exploded"? Then in 2017 with PoE the start of the whole "open world" trend. Open worlds sucked up a lot of resources and energy for what really amounts to big empty landscapes and nothing much to do, with very little impact on the way the game is played. Raids were closed in 2018 and then Fortuna came, which was more of the same as PoE. Railjack dropped, flopped. Liches dropped, flopped. It's only now with Deimos 3 years later that DE's finally started to kind of understand open world zones, but even then they've still had some fumbles along the way. And the game is less balanced and more fragmented than ever.

2016* was the beginning of the end of Warframe's golden years of growth.

Oh I forgot to mention it. Back then did the void meant something. Now it's just a golden empty tower made out of dust. And nothing to replace it.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Prexades:

But I agree to this.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (PSN)drollive96:

"just  never great" ... Heresy, 

I don't get it. Why get I always picked for having the wrong opinion? I'm really thinking that I should use the "it's-my-opinion-hammer" more often.

5 hours ago, (PSN)drollive96 said:

You are not a warframe fan, or you were and were just brainwashed by the toxic players and have lost your way, 

Im a Warframe fan, not a space tween fan. Nothing about the game requires you to like the stupid kids to be a fan of it, just now almost everything the game adds requires the blipping things. Tried to like them, tried to make them look ok and now i try my best to ignore them as much as possible which gets harder and harder to do when everything needs them with each patch.

Edited by AzureTerra
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Im a Warframe fan, not a space tween fan

want to be a space tween fan but DE seems insistant on giving them absolutely nothing even remotely cool to work with.

Like, here's Xaku firing a void laser.

Spoiler

rEkriHD.jpg

And here's the Operator firing one

Spoiler

81LuCJj.jpg

To add insult to injury, here's an Operator firing a void laser in the Rell comic:

Spoiler

kO63S5g.png

The Operator legitimately is an awesome concept handled terribly. Forsaken child with a unending storm of malevolant, eldritch power swirling within them that they can release upon their unfortunate foes? Yes. Yes please. Chains of Harrow introduces us to the sheer might that the void possesses, unleashing a demonic force onto the entire system through the vessel of a single Tenno. One of the mastery tests has Lotus make the claim that the Operator is the 'most powerful force in the known universe'

In reality, we get a laser pointer, a basic perk tree, and systems which tend to only be useful because I honestly don't think DE considered what players could use them for.

• Like 3

I kind of liked when death had meaning. Before operators and 4 revives a day. Not that I liked the pay to revive that was S#&$, but real cost to ding and real risk to reviving. 

Even if they keep everything the same the removal of void walk revive would be something 

• Like 3
19 hours ago, TimeFack said:

Hello forum. I've been playing Warframe for 4 months (27 mr, yes I'm braindead).

1.Recently began to notice a lot of people began to remember the good old days. And although I understand that nastalgia changes reality, but still. What in your opinion has changed over the years. The game is already 7+ years old. When was the heyday and why exactly did this happen?

2.Now why am I start playing and my expirience. I'm tired of Dota 2 and the toxic community and I love science fiction. So i tried warframe. Honestly, if it weren't for the random guy(now he is my friend), I wouldn't have lasted even a couple of days. Instead of the game itself, he explained all the mechanics to me. What does beyond the light have to do with it then.
The game is overblown. The threshold of entry for new players is unrealistic. Three open worlds with their own farms, 220 nodes, sanctuary, railjack, relics, 220 nodes again on the steel path (after all, it's so fun(sarcasm)), Kuva Lich, and that's not all. The game needs a reboot, discard bad ideas, improve good ones.Make the game challenging. DE needs a producer with a single vision.
I would like to enter the game, not only to put in the form in the craft and sometimes kill a couple of eidalons. I don't even want to farm new vaults, why do I need a new weapon if I have nothing to do with it. Hopefully after the pandemic, something will change. Anyway, I want to say thank you to DE for a thousand hours of frustration, fun, meeting new people around the world.

Liches were marketed as Warframe's version of the Nemesis system from the Shadow of Mordor games. 
Lo and behold, they weren't like the Nemesis system. It was a stretched out grind. 

Empyrean was billed as "MOTHERF*****G BATTLE OF ENDOR!!!!!!!!!!!" by Steve. It wasn't. It was unlike what was shown off at the two preceding TennoCon events. It was a buggy mess. It was obvious DE rushed it out to coincide with the announcement at The Game Awards. It was missing features that was showed off at TennoCon. Liches were meant to be part of Empyrean. They weren't, and still aren't (though DE has talked about rectifying this with the Corpus Railjack update, but that is still to be seen of course). This pissed off the player base, and it pissed off the player base to a very high degree. I don't think the player base has recovered from that. 

Then a couple of months after the bug fest/glitch fest that was Empyrean, came Scarlet Spear: an update that was horribly bugged and had quite bad drop rates for arcane. At the preceding TennoCon events, DE showed off two squads working together in a mission. What we got wasn't even close to that. These three series of updates chipped away, to varying degrees, at the trust and patience players had for DE and the game. 

Then came Deimos: another open world where DE stretched out the grind again. The grind made it obvious DE didn't play test the update as they should have (and this goes into the pile of reasons why players say DE doesn't play their own game). DE introduced a mech, the Necramech, but without a purpose for it so they currently just exist. On top of that, DE released a second mech so now both currently have no purpose. 

On top of that, there's coronavirus wreaking havoc so now DE has been working from home for quite some time (this year has just been a blur) so they haven't been able to work on the main story stuff like they'd want to. You know, the story stuff that's been waiting on content since The Sacrifice released in 2018. The main story stuff that was stretched out and modified to utilize Railjack as DE thought so highly of it...the same Railjack that bombed on release. Sigh. 

I can't speak for nor of the game before August 2018. Nor can I speak for nor of the community before August 2018. At the same time, I became part of the Warframe community in August 2018. What hooked me in were the story missions, and The Sacrifice was the best (in my opinion) of all story missions. I was hyped and geared up (no, not geared up as in in-game arsenal) to fight Ballas and take down the Sentients. But that time has passed. DE waited too long and now I'm not hyped, I'm not excited, I'm just waiting on whatever grind DE will introduce to stretch out the main story content. 

"Literature, literature, literature, Mr Bank come on now, you don't need to read no literature. All you need to do is feel it." 

I like bringing this quote up from Ocean's 13 in times where something has gone stale, as is the case with the game. I don't feel it right now with Warframe, and it seems like DE's approach is to stretch out grind to give it a semblance of content. As if they're throwing darts on the board hoping to hit bullseye. Reminds me once again that Warframe was a gamble that payed off, and a reminder why DE was about to go bankrupt before Warframe became a miracle. 

• Like 1

The game hasn't ever really changed op atleast not in the way your talking about. Warframe is constantly chasing the next thing the devs cook up. I love them to bits heck even got ink supporting Warframe. But they cook up new ideas then support it a little then let it die while making more then rinse and repeat.

21 час назад, vegetosayajin сказал:

As far as I can tell from videos wf was in it's good days about the TWW update and maybe to the sacrifice(not only the quests, the community, lore, missions, etc).

Damn, dude...I can't imagine the useless fodder you got trough in such little time... Was it worth it, the countless hours in hydron/eso/adaro leveling trash?

four minutes a day for three weapons at maximum level, plus a relic reward. Yes waste of time)

13 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Why is it useless

Agreed with your post, I also see lot of people saying MR is useless but it definately isnt. Ive very much enjoyed having more capacity to store void traces and standing among other things and having much higher starting points on warframes and weapons so I can actually start testing builds right away and get a much better feeling about the items power level. 

I couldnt even imagine losing all of that at this point. 

Regarding the topic itself more seriously, I think Warframe - dispite all the ups and downs - is still better than ever before. I just hope they pay attention to other things besides open worlds as well in the future. 

• Like 1
On 2020-11-25 at 6:25 PM, TimeFack said:

DE needs a producer with a single vision.

This concept is antithetical to what allowed WF to survive all these years. Its ability to evolve and constantly add and reiterate its mechanics is what kept it going.

Frankly all the players with "good old times" memories are just remembering the fun of the initial experience. It was never that WF was "better back then" it's that they were in a mindset that allowed them to perceive it as being more fun/better because by now they have completed most things and that experience is limited to when the once or twice a year big experience drop happens like Diemos, instead of the entire time they are playing, as it was when they first started.

IMHO I think WF is in the best place it has ever been, it runs better, it looks better, its combat is better its levels are better.

Edited by Carnage2K4
  • Like 6
32 minutes ago, TimeFack said:

I just try the weapons that are in the game, and delete the ones I don't like. Where is the rush?

I’m in that boat hit MR 7 at 600 hours ish. Was doing raids and was almost kicked out of every group I joined because of my MR. :P

33 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

This concept is antithetical to what allowed WF to survive all these years. Its ability to evolve and constantly add and reiterate its mechanics is what kept it going.

Frankly all the players with "good old times" memories are just remembering the fun of the initial experience. It was never that WF was "better back then" it's that they were in a mindset that allowed them to perceive it as being more fun/better because by now they have completed most things and that experience is limited to the once or twice a year a big experience drop happens like Diemos, instead of the entire time they are on as it was when they first started.

IMHO I think WF is in the best place it has ever been, it runs better, it looks better, it's combat is better it's levels are better.

I agree with you, sure there are problems with the game, but there are problems with every game. The fact that we have as smooth of an experience with how much content is constantly added to this game is honestly impressive. Then taking into considering it looks better, plays better (movement and melee are in a way better place than they were originally), runs better, sounds better, keeps adding new layers of gameplay. For FREE. We often don't get this level of quality let alone commitment from AAA paid titles. 

I loved Warframe when I first played it, but if I played the original Closed Beta now I wouldn't expect it to survive. Almost every major update makes me go "Wow" even if I'm not playing the game. I thought squad link wouldn't go down too well on release and sat it out (wish I didn't skip the event for the rewards though), but I did think it was a pretty interesting feature that I wanted to see evolve. And it's stuff like this that generally brings me back to the game after a break. And once the end game is expanded on more I think my breaks will be rarer and shorter. 

I don't know what the original vision of Warframe is, but with most major updates it feels like it's getting closer and closer to being what the original vision of Warframe was (Whatever that is). I'm sure there have been sacrifices and many changes to plans along the way, but there's just this sense of passion that I get from a lot of these major updates that I find inspiring and comforting. 

• Like 3

Content isn't a bad thing... complexity isn't a bad thing. 

Warframe has a barrier to entry, because it builds on the skills of a variety of games than many players can not approach all at once. But it offers a next level of engagement for players who are over basic shooter or platforming games. 

It doesn't need to scrap content because it's broad. Ideally it would combine content to be more engaging, but what it really needs is a deep psychological tutorial which can address all the features players may not be familiar with in order to introduce them to a new kind of game. 

Too much content isn't a rational complaint for a live service, they can never have enough content. Better content would obviously be... better. But it's also obvious that there's a limit to what they can produce, simply suggesting that they dump old content for newer better content is a flippant suggestion. They have been remaking tile sets, objectives and retiring content as they can get to them. The old Archwing missions are being retired and merged into Railjack gameplay. So your suggestion is already a work in progress, it's not gonna magically happen though just because you had a revelation and decided your unhappy. Progress takes time. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What's cool about operators imo is that they can be useful if you want to use them. 

There's are times when I'm really into using my operator for cc and there are times when I completely forget about them. You aren't forced to use them, but they can be very helpful if you implement them into your play style.

Im waiting for some amp power creep though. 

Yep agreed.

2 hours ago, xombob89 said:

Agreed with your post, I also see lot of people saying MR is useless but it definately isnt.

Let's see point by point:

Ive very much enjoyed having more capacity to store void traces 

idd more capacity for void traces, but if you played normally and not rush your mr you don't need the more capacity for them, because you already have everything prime from the time you reach mr14(in my case), so you only need them for trading extra primes and again if you played normally you would have a lot of extra primes for trade without grinding additional relics. Also eso gives you plenty of rad relics just for the normal runs. I haven't run out of void traces from a year or even more.

standing

Yes standing, good point...if it wasn't also false. Again, if you play normally you would have max out all of your standings in every relevant syndicate even before mr14, mr16.
And for focus? If you grind focus from normal missions you are intentionally capping your progression(that's for the mr-rushers), because you can easily max your focus only from tridolon runs 100 times faster.

having much higher starting points on warframes and weapons so I can actually start testing builds right away and get a much better feeling about the items power level. 

That was my number one "lol" moment when I saw this post, that proves mr rushing is counterproductive in my eyes. "Testing" builds, really? If you are mr above 12-16 you should know 100% how everything works and even if you have a riven how that riven should impact the final build without even buying the blueprint for a weapon.
In 99% of the cases I know exactly how a weapon will perform and if it's trash or not from the moment I see the stats on the wiki/update notes and how many forma exactly should take to make it max potential.
For warframes...um again, you already should have everything and min-maxed the builds and know everything about frames a long time before you reach mr27-30.

I'm sorry if the post sounds negative, but it really isn't.
I'm just still annoyed of the useless things de implemented for mr30's, this is a slap on the face for everyone that grinded so much trash.
25% measly bonus? useless umbra forma(that is now a buyable item lol) 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NecroPed said:

I don't know what the original vision of Warframe is, but with most major updates it feels like it's getting closer and closer to being what the original vision of Warframe was (Whatever that is). I'm sure there have been sacrifices and many changes to plans along the way, but there's just this sense of passion that I get from a lot of these major updates that I find inspiring and comforting. 

The original vision afaik is what they are working hard on now with trying to get Railjack into the game as a whole. It just wasnt possible back then to turn the vision to life, which makes it feel comforting, that they havent given up on their old idea after this many year. They've held on to it, and now when it is possible, try to implement it into the game. That imo shows passion that is rarely seen elsewhere.

• Like 1