Crash on startup

Hello, I just updated into Win10 and the game crashes constantly. The crash happens when the start screen loads to the login screen. The game run fine in Win8.1 I had prior. I have done 2-3 clean reinstalls of the game, checked the files integrity and all but the problem persists. Thanks in advance.

likely the driver that the win10 is putting in for your card might be the reason (though last time i reinstalled  my win they worked well for me). also, the 3rd party software might be missing if you didn't reinstall warframe itself after refreshing windows. if you play via steam, it might do the trick to just verify the game BUT keep in mind that this will end up nearly reinstalling the whole game itself (except if the crap steam thinks as the newest version of the game still is way to old from the real one). best thing would be to reinstall warframe anyway after moving to windows 10. also, you might delete every config file of the game first and then try running the game anew - this will recreate all configs to default and you will have to reconfig everything again (launcher as well as in game options). this is the faster way than reinstallation though, so i suggest you try it first.

the config files are in your "c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Warframe\" - the EE.cfg and the file named 'settings' (no ext' on this one) in the subfolder in this location (the one with the long, hexadecimal name that i likely to vary from user to user). if you don't trust this method, you can also just rename or move them away - it will have the same effect...

I have checked for crashes submitted by you, but there are none. Do you see the crash handler at all? If you do not, try turning off anything that might be trying to inject itself into Warframe like screen recorders, graphical enhancements, overlays, Razer Chroma, and see if that lets the game start normally.  If you can isolate what is causing the game to crash, you could try updating or adjusting settings on the problem program.

• Like 1