Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe already has Inverse Kinematics, just not on Warframes

ChickenBar

I think the whole animation when leaving your warframe is the problem. Not sure if it was just a second dream thing, but your frame used to fall onto the ground when you left it. (Showing how you are no longer controlling it) This was very often seen when running Eidolons in the past. The current WF pose when leaving it seems too similar to base pose humanoids are placed in when modeling(believe it's an A post, but I don't know too much about this). This similarity suggests to me that the animation might actually be missing, but players don't know "is it a bug or a feature". 

Btw the animation I am referring to would have your warframe kneeling with their head hung low. 

Overall, my point is that if we are currently experiencing an unintended animation, then Inverse Kinematics would not be needed if the correct animation was used.

Based on what warframes do when not in use, I'm not sure what that would mean for Necromechs. Are necromechs able to stand on their own when not controlled? 

1 hour ago, PhiThagRaid said:

I think the whole animation when leaving your warframe is the problem. Not sure if it was just a second dream thing, but your frame used to fall onto the ground when you left it. (Showing how you are no longer controlling it) This was very often seen when running Eidolons in the past. The current WF pose when leaving it seems too similar to base pose humanoids are placed in when modeling(believe it's an A post, but I don't know too much about this). This similarity suggests to me that the animation might actually be missing, but players don't know "is it a bug or a feature". 

The drop to the ground animation will happen all the time after you complete the second dream quest.

However, if you complete The War Within quest, your warframe no longer drops to the floor, but just stands reminiscently to the time your operator teleports for the first time to the kuva fortress after learning transference.

In other words, warframe dropping to the floor animation only happens on Transendence, but not after Transference. You lose the ability to Transend after The War Within, as it gets replaced by Transference.

22 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

The drop to the ground animation will happen all the time after you complete the second dream quest.

However, if you complete The War Within quest, your warframe no longer drops to the floor, but just stands reminiscently to the time your operator teleports for the first time to the kuva fortress after learning transference.

In other words, warframe dropping to the floor animation only happens on Transendence, but not after Transference. You lose the ability to Transend after The War Within, as it gets replaced by Transference.

Yeah, that makes somewhat sense. I mentioned the Eidolon fights specifically, since the builds people would need require you to use an amp, which is only available in transference. Should I assume the times I saw that, that it was bugging out and it is currently working as intended?

5 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Yeah, that makes somewhat sense. I mentioned the Eidolon fights specifically, since the builds people would need require you to use an amp, which is only available in transference. Should I assume the times I saw that, that it was bugging out and it is currently working as intended?

Given that the animation during the interaction between the Operator, the Queens and Teshin during The War Within already have the Warframe standing up, I'd say it's working as intended.

On 2020-11-25 at 8:12 PM, PhiThagRaid said:

Btw the animation I am referring to would have your warframe kneeling with their head hung low. 

I just had this animation happen again with an MR 30 player, who definitely has completed TWW. It did however not remove the frame when they switched back to it, so the floor was littered with their frames in the kneeling position.

Archived