Komorex(revamp)

(PSN)agenttoboggan

The low zoom scope already offers innate punch through, and the explosive shots are quite potent. I'd suggest trying it with Vile Acceleration and treat it more as a spammable AoE rifle over a high damage sniper. Due to how the explosive shots work by giving you -75% fire rate instead of lowering the base fire rate by 75%, adding 90% fire rate increases your effective fire rate by 360% for the explosive shots. Build it for corrosive/magnetic/gas vs grineer/corpus/infested with high status, and it's steel path viable with its innate viral, and quite fun too! But yeah, don't think it works that well as a traditional sniper.

If you want a 'blast beam' weapon, I'd recommend trying Lanka/Ferrox/Opticor (Vandal).

56 minutes ago, Redpaws said:

The low zoom scope already offers innate punch through

If it had a little more damage or crit (AoE could have its damage bonus decreased proportionately so it stays at the same approximate level) I'd use it more in that mode.  As it is, it's 99% AoE zoom for me.

On 2020-11-25 at 7:03 PM, (PSN)agenttoboggan said:

it being a sniper

As far as I can tell, only reason for Komorex being classed as a Sniper is to give it a Combo Counter. It's pants for actual sniping.

On 2020-11-25 at 7:03 PM, (PSN)agenttoboggan said:

This weapon should have more power for it's size and caliber.

You're definitely doing it wrong. Komorex is a beast.

In my opinion the komorex is easily the best sniper in the game for non status immune enemy types. People are so fixated on snipers in this game one shotting limbs or bosses that anything that doesn't fall into this strict meta=weak/trash.

Komorex will completely waste groups of high level of steelpath enemies due to status stacking but rubico, vectis etc will struggle to kill even one consistently due to a lack of status. The argument that komorex has low crit therefore its not crit viable instantly goes out the window when you consider its AOE

Archived