Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working From Home: Sounds of the System Devstream (November 27)

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Would you please look up the word "Cringe"? It is cringe to see people use it incorrectly.

Well said cuchulainn.  Also all the expectations and demands always. Sound like a bunch of little kids. How about a thank you for constant communication with your community and free drops? Its always this rude entitled tone. Mature up people. 

17 minutes ago, (PSN)soldatoj57 said:

Well said cuchulainn.  Also all the expectations and demands always. Sound like a bunch of little kids. How about a thank you for constant communication with your community and free drops? Its always this rude entitled tone. Mature up people. 

Can‘t say that people getting mad DE said the next devstream was gonna be about Lavos and then seemingly switching it at the last second, is entitlement. 

What is it with people who always call out entitlement not being able to see when they themselves are acting like fools defending a company at every turn. DE deserves praise for the things they‘ve done with Warframe, but they deserve criticism as well. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Darmstomp said:

Can‘t say that people getting mad DE said the next devstream was gonna be about Lavos and then seemingly switching it at the last second, is entitlement. 

What is it with people who always call out entitlement not being able to see when they themselves are acting like fools defending a company at every turn. DE deserves praise for the things they‘ve done with Warframe, but they deserve criticism as well. 

Well said. I love DE and being irritated at something is part of what forums are for.

😁    Kool Beans ! "hear" (here) lately ive noticed a rich depth to the ambient sounds, even the difference in gun shots outside, in buildings, & really excellent eco reverb in cave, & the 3d sound movement on a headset moving from left ear to right ear and full stereo effects. Have you ever wandered around after a mission to "✌ stop and smell the roses ✌" ! Just loo listen and say Wow 😜 ! That was a trippy brusselsprout !

There's a few things I'd like to ask / suggest about as well, sound-wise @[DE]George if you have a bit of time :]

I made a thread sometime back with a lot more ideas than just these, so here is the original:

I'll pull the sound-related things from there:

• Customization

• Operator Customization:

• Operator Voices / blending: With only 4 voice options (2 male / female) available currently, there’s not much variety for how your operator sounds. If there were at least one more male / female option (It’ll take some time to do all the possible lines for actors / actresses of course), that would help.

• Along with that, considering how there's actual face-blending (Really interesting!), I was thinking it may be possible to work on voice-blending as well. I did think of a way to make it work for the player;

You choose a baseline voice to start with, and then a second voice option (It may help to be able to play both voices before trying it!). With the voices on either side, there could be an audio slider, and a voice testing button to find a point between the two voices that sounds like what you feel is good for you.

• The main issue I can think of with this is to make sure it blends properly for every possible line that your operator may say during missions as well as cutscenes (Both now and future ones).

Have you / the team made some headway on adding to Operator customization like this? Unless Operators aren't relevant to this particular Sound Devstream. Even an answer just here on the forums would be helpful!

Besides that, there is one other sound-related idea I've listed on the above thread:

• Gear

• Brand new Gear item:

• After reading up on Orb Vallis Somachords and how hard it is to find them, I thought of an idea; A Walkman (Or set of earbuds, either way; Or Solaris equivalent of these) for Tenno to listen to their music while in the field!

For an example, think of it like this: 

• Going off of every song you've scanned fully, you can equip this in the gear wheel and it will play the song you have going in your orbiter. The playback can be turned on and off by selecting it in-mission.

• When turned off, the main music will resume normally, or the mission's music will restart itself (The former would make more sense).

• If a cutscene will begin during said mission, it will automatically turn itself off so as to not interrupt things. Same thing for Nightwave crime scenes or future Nightwave-interactable stuff.

• You could theoretically buy this for Solaris standing in Fortuna! I'm not sure how much standing / rank would or should be needed for this though.

Coincidentally, with [DE]Rebecca mentioning 'What is Daughter's Earphone Music?", I think it could also be a good idea to consider. Alternatively to a Walkman from Fortuna, maybe Daughter has an extra set of earbuds she can give to the Tenno for Entrati Standing, that would serve the same purpose!

• That being said, perhaps another idea rather than Somachord or in-mission music, maybe you can use songs made via the Shawzin and set them to your Earbuds / Walkman, so that you can listen to your original musical work without having the pull out the instrument. Hack 'n' slashing the infested while having the Shawzin version of Doom
    Spoiler

(I hid this so that the post wouldn't be too long!)

playing automatically (Toggled on / off by the player) from the gear wheel would be pretty good, as an example. Even more so if you could personally adjust the gear item's volume separately from the volume of other non-music things.

Any thoughts on those things? I'd love to hear about it, in case there isn't time during the Devstream to address them! Thanks for hearing me out.

17 hours ago, Shemarria said:

BTW; update on Command Intrinsic. Re; "ability to use those railjacks we built without having to squad up alla time!" ?
😝

I encourage to try solo, or maybe keep trying to get your intrinsics up so that solo is super fun, especially w the nerfs to enemies and their numbers. If you, or you may find that a certain 'thing' is leading you to fail , take a look at the mods and see how to rectify. That was how I quickly mastered it. I might feel terrible at first but march on. I almost gave up, but the problems w squads and conections in the beginning forced me to try solo. ALSO, when you are solo you can search through the space and find the 'exotic' parts that make a huge difference.

Archived