Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.4

1. Can we revert the hover changes from .3? I literally just learned hover was changed to Aim + hold jump. It used to be just hold jump and I could free aim, or just leap longer distances. And this isnt for controllers this is for keyboard binding that they were also changed for.

2. Ironbrides weapon is dealing base damage with this update.

Edited by rawr1254
  • Like 7

The 29.5.4 hotfix to Glaives made the unfortunate change of removing detonation from a simple pressing of the melee button after a throw and reverting it back to the alt fire button.

This is a negative QOL adjustment that takes away from the flow and easy playstyle of charged throw to detonation that the glaive rework provided especially because chained throwing was still effortlessly possible via pressing and holding the melee button instead of a one press button detonation which worked particularly well when hold pressed after the glaive reaches its distance apex.

See below for mine and other agreeing user comments.

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Glaive Changes & Fixes:

• Alt fire will now also Heavy Attack the Glaive in Glaive+Gun mode. The original design intent was to reserve Alt Fire for the Secondary weapon, but a scenario where Secondary Alt Fire is needed while Glaive is in flight over Heavy Attack is extremely low. Bringing parity to Heavy Attack input in Dual Wield and Melee Equipped modes is far more important. Thank you so much for all the excellent feedback!

• Alt Fire will Heavy Attack at any point during a Glaive's flight. Before, when a Glaive auto recalled after reaching its distance limit, it could not be detonated during its return.

• Fixed Glaives sometimes orbiting around you after recall. As reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/k00a5e/return_of_glaive_orbit/ 

• Fixed cases of consecutive Glaive throws failing. 

The Ability for the Melee Button to be used as both the Charged Throw Queue/Button AND the Detonation Button was exceptional and pivotal toward providing a seamless flow experience for glaives where one's finger need only to press one button for hold to throw then press again for detonation.  Now, in glaive+gun mode detonation is only achievable via the pressing of the alt fire button. That is, one can no longer detonate the glaive via the pressing of the melee button. Now instead, the melee button recalls the glaive instead of detonation.

As a glaive user that loved the changes/update before this hotfix, it is difficult to understand the real value of recalling the glaive with the melee button in actual gameplay especially because chained throwing was still effortlessly possible via pressing and holding the melee button instead of a one press button detonation which worked particularly well when hold pressed after the glaive reaches its distance apex.

The instances when it would be pertinent/convenient to recall the glaive via the melee button are few and far between. It would be more functional to have the alt-fire button recall the glaive. Please, can we return to the melee button detonation after a charged throw. That had better function and flow use in my opinion and is more valuable than the recall function. Detonation now being a separate button is clunky and takes away from the flow play style that the new glaive update provided.

Other Users Feedback in Agreement:

6 hours ago, TTraw said:

Agreed. Can we just swap buttons once more? Detonating with same key as melee is so much more comfortable. I literally started using dual wielding just so I can use melee key to detonate when I found out about it.

6 hours ago, DilBahadur said:

Seconded. Now it feels really clunky. On a different note, the update broke stealth damage multipliers for thrown melee and Ivaras navigator can not detonate thrown melee weapons with the same alt-fire key. Please fix that!

Edited by WorldzCollapse
  • Like 7

when you do implement a former infested enemy  ( Deimos Leaper who appeared during the toxic tunnel part in isolation vaults in pre 29.5 game version , but not exclusively ) 

in your "child of sorrow" aka The Codex , and you remove that enemy in the same update so that he doesnt follow any spawn logic anymore , what does that tell us ?

- let alone the arbitrary 30 scans needed , why not 5 or 10 or 20 ?

happened so in major Update 29.5: Deimos Arcana - Added Deimos Leapers and Deimos Conservation animals to the Codex. 

Do you hate the Deimos Leaper or is it just another oversight ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Losing affinity on necramechs might not be a cheerful thing, but loosing 10 already aquired levels only for crashing your mech and you have no clue why , then one can simply smile it away. rite?

Let me clarify : I went in with a Bonewidow lvl 32 who had to reach lvl 36 into Fortuna Open World. After 2minutes my Bonewidow was lvl 22 - thats not what I call a loss of affinity - thats nonsense - and I should have screenshotted it, or at least logged it. But I didnt. Still, it happened - and I am baffled to this point ...

WHATS going on here ?

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, WorldzCollapse said:

The Ability for the Melee Button to be used as both the Charged Throw Queue/Button AND the Detonation Button was exceptional and pivotal toward providing a seamless flow experience for glaives where one's finger need only to press one button for hold to throw then press again for detonation.  Now, in glaive+gun mode detonation is only achievable via the pressing of the alt fire button. That is, one can no longer detonate the glaive via the pressing of the melee button. Now instead, the melee button recalls the glaive instead of detonation. As a glaive user that loved the changes/update before this hotfix, it is difficult to understand the real value of recalling the glaive in actual gameplay. The instances when it would be pertinent to recall the glaive are few and far between. Please, can we return to the melee button detonation after a charged throw. That had better function and flow use in my opinion and is more valuable than the recall function. Detonation now being a separate button is clunky and takes away from the flow play style that the new glaive update provided.

Agreed. Can we just swap buttons once more? Detonating with same key as melee is so much more comfortable. I literally started using dual wielding just so I can use melee key to detonate when I found out about it.

Edited by TTraw
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Alt Fire will Heavy Attack at any point during a Glaive's flight. Before, when a Glaive auto recalled after reaching its distance limit, it could not be detonated during its return.

• Fixed Glaives sometimes orbiting around you after recall.

That's actually quite a significant improvement to glaive usability. Funny how the orbiting bug has been in the game forever and now finally got fixed.

• Like 1

Thanks!

One suggestion though: Can we please access the new ISO bounty straight from the Necralisk? It's very frustrating and discouraging to have to do ~45 minutes of useless vaults every time you want to access the mission you're interested in.

• Like 1
vor 3 Minuten schrieb TTraw:

Agreed. Can we just swap buttons once more? Detonating with same key as melee is so much more comfortable.

Seconded. Now it feels really clunky. On a different note, the update broke stealth damage multipliers for thrown melee and Ivaras navigator can not detonate thrown melee weapons with the same alt-fire key. Please fix that!

Edited by DilBahadur
  • Like 2

What about missing owned infested k-drive blueprints in foundry?

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed ability to move around other players Vacuumed items by the Necramech. Your Vacuum should only affect pickups for yourself.

Nooo... I really liked this it was funny :(

Seeing other mechs running with your stuff 🤣

@Nazzamiexactly. As always hotfix that add more buggs than fixes. Now lvling up Bonewidow is even more harder and unfun. He loosing health so fast that even Trin Bless don't help that much. Playing necramechs is just unfun now because they can survive long. How you wanna use dead necramech? Think about it DE.

Edited by Grisznaker
  • Like 1

As a suggestion for the mechs, can we get a HUD similar to AW for enemies near us? I mean we're in a MECH with no HUD other than the frame one so I constantly run banshee and thats literally only to see enemies on the map, not cause Im a die-hard banshee fan.

Good point about those renamed transporters I now have one   so far beneath the floor in my dojo I have had to warn my clan off using it as it  sends you into an endless falling animation. The whole point of being able to rename them was so we wouldn't have to delete and rebuild now we can't even delete them. Please fix this soonest. Thanks!

Edited by danceswithphantoms