Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback: Burnt out again after 3 weeks in warframe with a previous 2nd 2 year break away from warframe

Bubsters

Suffice to say warframe is basically still the same despite the many (less important imo) overhauls to their systems. Every mission is still spam mobility (bullet jump and double jump or archwing in open world) and one shot different skins of the same ground based enemy that behave the exact same way as every other enemy (They move very slowly to try to shoot you or melee you). Theres not much difference between 2012 warframe and 2020 warframe except how you look doing certain things taking archwing and necramech into account. 

Something that just really bugs me about warframe is we have this crazy movement system, but we are never forced to use it strategically. Be it for enemy combat behaviour or moving through a tileset to avoid damage or death. Players just kind of do it because they want to get the REPETITIVE mission over with as fast as possible. Maybe eidolon is different but you know players love to find ways to cheese challenges. Basically, alot of the things you can do with bullet jump/slide/double jump, you can also do just by sprinting/jump. 

Then theres the usual things that bug me like identical playstyle weapons (melee especially), grind is getting ridiculous (5 different resources for 1 part and I still remember when they nerfed f2p plat by converting 5 reward void keys to 1 reward relics), some of the new warframes are boring auto play, plat tax for certain qol things (potatoes, slots etc), going from space ninja to unkillable death machine (playing sekiro and tsushima really felt ninja-y challenging and satisfying), game is going to open-world but it feels really empty (I was really expecting to see hundreds of tenno running around in plains doing a big ass mission when it was 1st revealed and gather resources from everything in sight), nothing unexpected or challenging happens and I think thats about it. 

I did actually love with what you did with some reworked warframe scaling and armor scaling.

Yes, I feel the same. The developers just add "more and more of the same", ignoring the kernel problems. And if that weren't enough, they keep adding more and more isolated systems that do not affect the main core (the list is endless, from PoE to Raijack). And if that's not enough to get things wrong enough, the latest fad from the developers is to add an endless list of missions that you don't want to do, but "must" do to get the things you do want (all the mechanics of Night wave is absolutely tedious and boring to say the least).

What do we have left? Very little. For my part, do some survival or defense mission, because even the core missions are boring, poorly designed and outdated.

Warframe right now lives off its past, but I don't know how much longer it will be able to.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

You should probably leave if you don't enjoy it

Once there was a time when I got tired of Warframe. I just took a break. I didn't start thinking "man, this game is suddenly horrible and the devs have no idea what they're doing" I just thought..."man, I've played a lot of Warframe and right now I don't feel like playing Warframe"

I honestly don't get the angst so many go through with putting this game down. It's not like anything has fundamentally changed, turning Warframe into something other than the game you fell in love with for 1000 hours. 

Play CONCLAVE.

It will show you that no matter what movement you have, the weapons will kill ya.

The movement system is wonderful. When i go an play any other action game and it takes forever to move from one point to another, i say "If i had a bullet jump or roll, i would be over there already."

When i watch a mech fall down a hill slowly, i say "If i had a slide, i would bot be landing flat abd wasting 5 seconds."

When i am using Shards and gotta change over....well, that game does give much freedom of movement with changing if the Shards.

It all depends on your mindset with the game and how much you rushed through it all. I still have my 6th lich i bought off someone and have not killed it (mostly since it is on Lua and Lich Pubs seem to be a no thing over there) and have only done half of Railjack. Space your stuff out over time instead of doing it all when it comes out. Try things you have not touched in ages (weapons, different ways of playing, modes, decorate, build in DOJO, Etc).

I been playing since 2014 and sign in every day to get them Fieldron Samples abd Detonite Samples....but i still get in, get my first win, do something random in the game (this month its CONCLAVE) and after i see 4 hours omhave passed, do a differ game or YouTube/Prime video.

You make the game your enjoyment area or you run through it and find something else to enjoy

Choose

I think when they introduced parkour 2.0(which is likely one of the most fluid gameplay mechanics out there) they didn't know how it would effect the rest of the game. 

At this point it is pretty evident that they should have taken the tileset and enemy design into account as they made those changes. Parkour basically breaks the base game. You can run past any obstacle, enemy, hardship and never look back, especially combined with the operator mode which is pseudo invincibility in itself.

Balance has always been the main problem with this game and sadly DE couldn't solve the puzzle till now and I highly doubt they ever will.

8 hours ago, White_Matter said:

I think when they introduced parkour 2.0(which is likely one of the most fluid gameplay mechanics out there) they didn't know how it would effect the rest of the game. 

At this point it is pretty evident that they should have taken the tileset and enemy design into account as they made those changes. Parkour basically breaks the base game. You can run past any obstacle, enemy, hardship and never look back, especially combined with the operator mode which is pseudo invincibility in itself.

Balance has always been the main problem with this game and sadly DE couldn't solve the puzzle till now and I highly doubt they ever will.

parkour is not the problem , enemies not being agile as us and on top of them being stat-checky makes up most of the boring effect. in fact if bullet jump wasnt real most of us wouldnt be here in this game. 

7 hours ago, killerJoke66 said:

parkour is not the problem , enemies not being agile as us and on top of them being stat-checky makes up most of the boring effect. in fact if bullet jump wasnt real most of us wouldnt be here in this game. 

if they changed the movement system i'd jump off the roof of my house and try to land on my head. the thing that kills me are all the glitchy things they refuse to fix while piling on and watering down every thing else. i'd trade both new open world for a fleshed out poe in a heartbeat. as it is if feels like 3 open worlds that are only 10% complete and glitchy af to boot

Friendly reminder that It is totally reasonable to expect to play the same videogame for thousands and thousands of hours and not ever feel bored, burnt out, or fatigued and if anyone says otherwise theyre just a radical fringe apologist shill throwing any semblance of rationality out the window just to blindly spew their rabid fanboyism all over anyone unfortunate enough to cross paths with them. 

Because some people dont understand sarcasm around here, yes this is sarcasm that im using to express my opinion that some people have unreasonable expectations of this game and being disappointed that DE cant meet or exceed unreasonable expectations, doesnt mean "de failed" "they cant release good content" "this content is trash" or whatever the flavor of the month buzzword crusade happens to be. 

i kinda feel that way too, i don't hate the game. its nice to see updates in the game but after you get the all the stuff there is within the update or the things you want. there doesn't seem to be any point in it.... you do bounties, max rep, do tridolon, get max arcanes, get all sorts of weapons max it and forma it, conclave, sell items for plat and stockpile plats, buy all sort of stuff with it, riven mods etc etc. you get strong and none of that matters in the end you just get stuff try it out and then back to emptiness. i know that the game isn't perfect but somehow it keeps happening for a long time now that you can't help but question why it seems that there is no any point in anything other than grind. There's tons of weapon to choose from but none of that matters because all you need is the good stats and most of them performs just the same like other(e.g you could use broken war and achieve similar result to that of dakra prime). although it seems they been adding new weapons with some gimmicks in it this past update which is great. but older weapons doesn't seem to be given that much attention. Similar case to the weapon, older frames also need proper adjustment which you could easily find some good suggestions and idea deep within the forums or in content creators from players that have been in this game for a time now. i dont get how most of it seems to be a hit or miss kind of fix when you could easily see why that certain ability isn't great or that it doesn't synergize well with other abilities, when you could just test it yourself in game and see why and what it lacks. kinda reason why some players bring up the part that some devs doesn't seem to play their own game. Not bringing up issue on other stuffs like mods, companions, arcanes, quest, game modes, rewards, etc. there's a lot of stuff out there that could be improved. But the updates the had been coming seems like temporary band-aid for the said problems. And even more so how i find it ridiculously hilarious to see all the nerfs from many past updates throughout the year with no real given explanation and reason as why the nerf, id get it if it was an unintended feature like bugs or exploits, but if it had been there for a long time and had been stated as its mechanics then that deserve a reason why the nerf. id say that there should be a corresponding buff for each nerf but i doubt that would go anywhere. i don't think that simply nerfing something or buffing something is equivalent to balance. that's just like partially telling your players to play this way because its the meta. rather than giving an appropriate variety to choose from. (cough*and they nerfed a lot of those meta be it deliberately or unintentionally.) 

so i guess break from warframe and doing other stuffs or playing other games is something that a lot of audience in this community will have to go through (even the new players would at some point feel this way) because of the repetitive issues that later on they would also encounter. is it a bad thing? i don't know. I guess most of the player feel upset that they see something within the game that it has a lot of potential to grow to something more but somehow all that it provides is mediocre. 

I hope the game gets better through each updates the dev provides, as well as take notice of the issues.

or if not i hope there's another good game like RAID SHADOW LEGENDS OR GENSHIN IMPACT oh wait theres CYBERPUNK 2077... customizable pp.

This game is also lit similar to warframe check it out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Archived