I love Xaku now, thanks DE!

_Euphoria_

Ever since the Arcana update dropped, I keep wanting to play more Xaku because he just feels great to use now after the new improvements.

His first really helps getting more headshots and and extra damage is gives is welcome.

Grasp of lohk completely decimates enemies without armor in a second ( which will be gone thanks to Gaze ability)

With his Gaze ability, I believe we have one of the best, if not the best, debuff in the game, removing all the armor and shield from enemies inside huge radius.

Him being a squishy frame isn’t a problem, as with Vast Untime + Carnis mod set I am able to sit between 20 heavy gunner fire and not get hit at all.

Thank you DE for this great frame! 

All very nice changes but sadly I'm still going to have to pass on Xaku. I've got too many colour palettes and cosmetics to be using a frame that will be spending 95% of the time running around as a skeleton.

Why DE thought it would be a good idea to make their final ability basically render FashionFrame pointless is beyond me.

Sorry, but looking over Xaku even with the new changes. There is so many issues still plaguing them that using them is still more of a detriment to the player than a benefit.

The biggest one being Xakus completely dependence on their strength and range stats both being at 200% at the same time. Not only does it completely decimate build variety, but it just doesn’t make Xaku very enjoyable when you’re dropping 300 energy  on 3 abilities just to deal decent damage to enemies.

Great news, that he is complete at last!

2 hours ago, _Euphoria_ said:

Him being a squishy frame isn’t a problem, as with Vast Untime + Carnis mod set I am able to sit between 20 heavy gunner fire and not get hit at all.

Did you stress test the build enough?
I was playing with a couple of xakus and they did die quite a lot and quite early(only lv80-100).
I know it's probably the players(in most cases is), but my point is, have you gone beyond lv1-2k to stress test it? 

I still won't touch it.

I absolutely hate the idea of a chance based defense ability and aoe weapons probably still kill you in 2 shots. Especially flamethrower units and jugulus units.

Also correct if I'm wrong but xaku needs untime always on to be effective so that means there's no fashion frame. Which is not the biggest problem in the world but come on. I decorate my frame for a reason.

xaku is awesome in regular starchart missions or sorties..

soon as you hit steel path tho, his damage and survivability drop off substantially :/ even with gaze stripping armor, his grasp just hits kinda "meh"

I was SUPER enjoying xaku decimating the starchart, then I hit steelpath, and hit a wall.. made me die a little on the inside..

feels. really. bad.  :(

luckily my 400 power hildryn still craps all over steel path, just feels bad alot of frames feel SUPER weak in steel path.. another good example is protea, shes just a MONSTER in reg starchart and sorties.. steelpath, not so much, lol

steelpath REALLY seperates the men from the boys with your frames

I really don't understand others. Xaku is really cool & fun to play, not everything has to have DR or one shots everything when it comes into view

I feel like everyone is so preoccupied by Xaku's abilities that they forget to just have fun playing, not every frame has to be meta

10 minutes ago, bullgrimwm said:

doing circles around mobs for a few seconds while grasp whittles them down is not really my idea of fun :(

You know you have weapons right?

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Damizza said:

I loved Xaku too, until they guttered it’s 2 and now i’m probably going to put the frame on hiatus until it’s fixed. 😔

What did they do to his 2? You can just steal weapons until you reach the cap now, other than that they didn't change anything right?

1 minute ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

You know you have weapons right?

yes I'm just hilighting an example.. I mean I can bring my redeemer prime or reaper and smash everything with ANY frame.. but that's not what this conversation is about :P
it's about the weakness of the frame itself in the high level content.

Just now, bullgrimwm said:

yes I'm just hilighting an example.. I mean I can bring my redeemer prime or reaper and smash everything with ANY frame.. but that's not what this conversation is about :P
it's about the weakness of the frame itself in the high level content.

Weapons are part of normal gameplay, you shouldn't put them aside

& idk how you mod yours, but even with only 90% armor reduction on Gaze, his 2 still kills quite a lot of enemies in steel path. I know that because I took him yesterday in Kelpie to lvl up the new weapons

4 hours ago, _Euphoria_ said:

lol. this part is pure bullsh!t.

which heavy gunner ? level 1 heavy gunners in simulacrum ?

1 hour ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

I really don't understand others. Xaku is really cool & fun to play, not everything has to have DR or one shots everything when it comes into view

I feel like everyone is so preoccupied by Xaku's abilities that they forget to just have fun playing, not every frame has to be meta

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Sadly, the changes they have made took a potentially flexible jack of all trades and have whittled it down to basically being a glass cannon only able to use a small selection of builds. That's generally the area "meta" fits in.

That said... Every frame isn't for every player so I am glad Xaku has dedicated fans who are happy with the current performance and result.

1 hour ago, r2in said:

wow ! so vast untime + carnis mods set can give u 100% evasion now ?

It does not. You will heavily utilize operator. Shields go to zero, jump to operator. Also, if you have 200% ability str the guns from skill 2 will continue to fire, even outside the frame. Without armor and shields guns should be able to hurt enemies quite well. In addition, you can go varzin for the 5 sec invulnerability on your frame. 

You will probably need 3-5 forma to fit in all the mods. You do need much energy, assuming you get enough duration. So you can put blind rage + duration. And just use energy pizzas if you run low.

It is boring and tedious game play, but it will work. For me, if the frame survivability does not stand on its own, without requiring heavy operator utilization, I do not play the frame. Xahu is the exact opposite of that. You can still play Xahu anywhere comfortably on SP, with the exception of MoT. Doable but risky.

I still cant get into Xaku. The Lost is still clunky like a swinger party for 1 legged people, it is still a weak skill in the seperate toggles, it needs to have all 3 merged into one to be worthwhile in any form of "serious" content. There just isnt a time to use all 3 parts of it, unless you go out of your way to use each one alone and just cycle through them per enemy group as you go, which doesnt make it any better really.

Xaku also still suffers from needing too many stats at once to be wortwhile. You need both range and strength is pretty high amounts to make The Lost's defense strip a working ability. Xaku also needs duration ontop of that so The Vast Untime isnt too short in duration, which passively also increases the duration of everything else. Most other frames can rely on 2 stats, leaving one neutral and the 4th even in a negative state. RNG defense is also a bad choice, since you cannot rely on it in content that hits harder. I get that DE wanted a unique mechanic, it just isnt really viable compared to being able to soak up damage and know your actual non-RNG limits.

And all this is before considering the massive drawback of needing a target to strip the defenses of something, just ugh.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

You will probably need 3-5 forma to fit in all the mods. You do need much energy, assuming you get enough duration. So you can put blind rage + duration. And just use energy pizzas if you run low.

So when you play Xaku you use this build?

7 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

Great news, that he is complete at last!

Did you stress test the build enough?
I was playing with a couple of xakus and they did die quite a lot and quite early(only lv80-100).
I know it's probably the players(in most cases is), but my point is, have you gone beyond lv1-2k to stress test it? 

Stress tested vs lvl 400s SP Mot in 90 mins solo.

Near Octavia level of kill speed with maxed life support.

I replace Xaku 1 with Condemn and the concept of death kinda don't exist anymore, especially since shield gating have decent synergy with evasion.

Archived