Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I love Xaku now, thanks DE!

_Euphoria_

16 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

You're literally describing the issue with all currently existing cycle abilities..

I just use one ability of any frame with cycles because I can't be bothered to break my fingers on my controller.. not fun to use.. and considering Titania, the frame with the most harmless buffs.. it'd make sense for them to cast all buffs.

I do however understand, there are some weird people that enjoy and defend cycle abilities until they don't breathe anymore.

That's why I suggested, ages ago, to give us an augment for cycle abilities that a) decreases cast speed (to justify easier access I guess?) but b) casts all buffs at once. 

That way it's optional and people who enjoy endless scrolling won't be affected by it.

(I really liked playing Titania Prime but the constant scrolling made me so mad I haven't touched her in ages now, which is sad, because I gave her an umbra forma..)

Yep, I think the only one not suffering much from it of the "real" toggle frames would be Vauban, since he has one strong ability in there and the others are just a bonus. Then of course there is Khora, where you dont use it actively really. Ivara, Grendel, Xaku, Tits and Wisp are just horribly clunky, though for Ivara you can get away with just using 1 arrow, but it would be nice with a smoother use of all 4.

The major problem with them all is that neither of their toggles have a single component that is strong enough as a solo skill in the slot. So when we who hate them settle with just using one (aside from Vauban obviously) we only get 25-33% value out of the skill. I think all of those frames should have their skill toggles merged into a single tap/hold style ability or fully merged, either baseline or through an exilus augment. They could easily shave off one arrow on Ivara, then the remaining 3 would be easy to solve. Tap vs enemy = sleep, tap vs object/wall = dashwire and then hold = fire a cloak arrow. For wisp the speed+health buff should be a single tap cast with the electric mote being a hold, since not everyone wants to use it.

Khora would be the one that needs to keep the toggle.

On 2020-11-26 at 5:02 PM, Ailia_Grimm said:

I really don't understand others. Xaku is really cool & fun to play, not everything has to have DR or one shots everything when it comes into view

I feel like everyone is so preoccupied by Xaku's abilities that they forget to just have fun playing, not every frame has to be meta

I’m trying to have fun with Xaku, but the modding requirements to make their abilities actually functional is absurd and makes them far too restrictive to enjoy.

23 hours ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

It does not. You will heavily utilize operator. Shields go to zero, jump to operator. Also, if you have 200% ability str the guns from skill 2 will continue to fire, even outside the frame. Without armor and shields guns should be able to hurt enemies quite well. In addition, you can go varzin for the 5 sec invulnerability on your frame

I've read some reddit post and it's indeed different evasions. It's kind of sad that much work can go for naught. Well, it was not my think so I don't really mind.

You don't need operator for survivality (it might be helpful). I'm using few things with Xaku that might make him good (not tested on higher levels, but I think it could be nice).
For armed enemies I disarm them with the Grasp of Lohk* and/or using high status weapon with Xata's whisper. My status Mutalist Cernos could kill "pretty fast" enemies even without headshot and the Gaze. If you disarm enemies they are almost harmless.

Now we have Nullies. I'm trying to work "good method" of killing them. Zaws + exodia is pretty good. The new Proboscis Cernos sticks to bubbles so it's easier to destroy them (sometimes it's instantly destroying it sometimes I need few shot, with ~2-2.5 multishot).

For status I get the Umbral Vitality (+ the Umbral intensify gives me more), the Adaptation and Rolling guard. I made him fast and I added roll speed with the Amalgam serration. The Amalgam serration is not necessary but... you see difference after NOT having it. Using this I have 3 seconds of immortality and 7 seconds of "me being mortal". Within those 7 seconds I try to avoid damage by rolling (-75% damage reduction as fair I remember) and heal myself (I have companion mod that heals me on X meters wall running).

And 75% damage evasion + area of effect reduction for the Vast untime is very helpful as well.

* I used to disarm enemies but now it's blocked at max enemies. Let us disarm enemies like described in this suggestion/bug report.

I think the Vazarin dash doesn't give your frame 5 second immortality.

Archived